đŸ”¶ Jeff just confirmed a new Hanzo change coming to PTR

I think it’s when you stack multiple defensive abilities, like GOATS.

There you had defense matrix, zarya bubbles, rein shield, bust healing, and high speed targets to deal with.

But even then, Hanzo became a part of GOATS in korean contenders.

And now, he is part of double shield.

1 Like

They are
they literally pre-emptively nerfed Widow on this PTR in preparation for this xD

I assume Hanzo’s change will have similar reasoning

4 Likes

This change won’t do anything to stop widow.

Even more so at upper ranks.

4 Likes

I hope they do nor touch lunge, he is not good enough at range for that. I think he would just be bad if they keep nerfing his mobility and damage.

Yes it will LOL were you not around in earlier OW seasons? Widow wasn’t great at higher ranks until they buffed her grapple CD from 12 to 8. This is a reversion of that buff, this LITERALLY is the change that reduces her viability at upper ranks.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that was a “perception” nerf, but not a real nerf.

Hanzo needs a real nerf.

Since even weak barriers are a hard counter to Widow.

1 Like

crap

Well then what do you think they should nerf? His sonic arrow?

They already confirmed a change, so not nerfing him is out of the question now.

And you clearly never played at a GM rank.

At GM rank she 2 shots winston before he even touches the ground.

Trust me, at upper ranks this change won’t do crap to stop highly skilled widow mains.

3 Likes

I get the feeling if it is a change, it will be nerfs to something and buffs to something. He has never had great stats, especially outside of top ranks. I dont imagine them really nerfing him, or if they do, I imagine it will be very minor.

Another storm arrows change. Nothing more.

Or maybe they’ll revert the draw speed increase

1 Like

I’ve been GM the past 13 seasons, only dropped to 3800 this season but already almost back with a 90% winrate. Next.

No I won’t trust you random private forum user
I will trust history

No you are no GM.

Because if you were you would know what I was talking about. This grapple change is not a nerf, it’s a revert.

You would know that if you played since launch like I did.

2 Likes

Well, if they want to do a “real” nerf to Widow. They could reduce her headshot multiplier. Which would also effectively decrease her charge rate.

Would make it so she needs 100% charge to instakill a Reaper.

✅ Widow Headshot 2.5x => 2.1x

4 Likes

we shall see, though whatever it is, I dont trust 2 pennies that the forums will see it correctly

I agree,

This so called nerf everyone talks about isn’t a nerf, it’s a revert. That is the original CD she had on grapple. And it didn’t effect Kephri then anymore than it will now.

1 Like

That seems to be the case with a hero. Every time they nerf/buff a hero, they always adjust only one thing about them

D.Va too strong? Nerf DM!
D.Va too weak? Buff DM!

Widow too strong? Nerf grapple CD!
Widow too weak? Buff grapple CD!

Reaper too strong? Nerf his life steal %!
Reaper too weak? Buff his life steal %!

Orisa too strong? Nerf her shield!
Orisa too weak? Nerf her shield! 
oh wait

Looking at Hanzo’s history, realistically it’s probably gonna be either a storm arrow/lunge nerf.

4 Likes

what if they did the inverse, lower her base damage and increase the crit, or is that dumb?

12%!? Leave it to Blizz to try balancing with a sledgehammer. Why didn’t they try 7% first, like everyone’s been asking!?

3 Likes

in all, jeff seems just sad that no one cares to actually test the things they put forward

1 Like