🔶 Jeff just confirmed a new Hanzo change coming to PTR

Jeff recently confirmed in an interview that there a Hanzo change is to be expected regarding the PTR. Perhaps it’s a nerf many of you guys have been asking for? Maybe a slight rework?

31 Likes

OR it doesn’t mean anything, because they are focusing on Overwatch 2 and not Overwatch 1?

4 Likes

Hopefully it’s 3 arrows for StormArrow.

Having a ranged instakill that also burns down barriers on par with Reaper/Junkrat is kinda messed up.

Especially with barriers getting a lot weaker.

81 Likes

How can it not mean anything? He literally said specifically a change was to be expected for Hanzo.

3 Likes

At this point I’d welcome scatter arrow back. It’s about the same as moira deathball anyways.

15 Likes

Well it is Blizzard so they’re probably gonna put Lunge on an 8 or 9 second cooldown. The same type of nerf Widow got.

I don’t mind that too much; it means he will be somewhat diveable and more punishable.

8 Likes

I hope they are smart enough to realize that Snipers are gonna be a problem with weakening barriers.

And if barriers are a sniper counter, right now Hanzo counters his counter.

11 Likes

Their history the last 3-6 months and the fact Overwatch 2 is in the title were the first signs I looked at.

1 Like

Barriers were never a Hanzo counter, at least ever since his rework.

That’s why his design is flawed, he can one-shot and burst barriers.

8 Likes

Hair length increased by 12%

41 Likes

I think a better fix for scatter would be giving the arrows random spread instead of a fixed burst, so it wouldn’t shotgun people in the foot to death

That or the arrows could’ve been shot out from all directions, only allowing for maybe 2 to get a confirmed hit on the legs if you aimed it that way

Storm arrow just wasn’t the solution we needed

2 Likes

If you stack a ton of barriers, they are.

Which is why “excessive amounts of barriers” has been the meta for the past year.

I.e. Ever since the Hanzo rework.

2 Likes

claps hand

Which one? His hair or his goatee?

6 Likes

I actually wouldn’t mind that.

At close range he has some more playability against fiesty characters like tracer/genji/Sombra.

Yes.

15 Likes

I think it’s when you stack multiple defensive abilities, like GOATS.

There you had defense matrix, zarya bubbles, rein shield, bust healing, and high speed targets to deal with.

But even then, Hanzo became a part of GOATS in korean contenders.

And now, he is part of double shield.

1 Like

They are…they literally pre-emptively nerfed Widow on this PTR in preparation for this xD

I assume Hanzo’s change will have similar reasoning

4 Likes

This change won’t do anything to stop widow.

Even more so at upper ranks.

4 Likes

I hope they do nor touch lunge, he is not good enough at range for that. I think he would just be bad if they keep nerfing his mobility and damage.

Yes it will LOL were you not around in earlier OW seasons? Widow wasn’t great at higher ranks until they buffed her grapple CD from 12 to 8. This is a reversion of that buff, this LITERALLY is the change that reduces her viability at upper ranks.

2 Likes