Jean-Baptiste Augustine is a cray long name for an Omnic

I don’t think this Jean character is Hero 30 at all, but I’ve seen people say he’s an Omnic cause he was ‘built to survive’ and I’m just thinking, all the Omnics we know have pretty simple names. Orisa, Okoro, Bastion, Qwishin, Titan, Lynx, the Omnic with the longest name is Zenyatta and most people don’t know his first name

Nah, given Zenyatta is called Tekhatha Zenyatta, long names aren’t out the question.

7 Likes

You just completely ignored that last bit of my post didn’t you?

He could be a Soldier like 76 and 24 (Reaper)

Someone made the connection that Haiti+Voodoo and the descriptors mean we might have someone playing a lil bit of the zombie game.

Where I could possibly see this going… I imagine something like Scion from LoL. Scion’s passive is when he dies, he comes right back to life with decaying HP.

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if voodoo is a big theme influence with the character.

Because of our last patch notes we got, I also wouldn’t be surprised to see something done with “Non-recoverable HP” or as I would consider it… Temp HP or Decaying Health (like how Pills in L4D would heal you).

1 Like

I mean…there’s Maximillien which is about 5 syllables long, so I don’t think there’s necessarily a social limit on how long omnic names could be.

Otherwise…we’re probably not getting an omnic then. We speculated that at first, but it was just that…speculation.

1 Like

Also Jean eats and drinks, so not an Omnic

3 Likes

The first teaser said meltdown… maybe that’s his hero name? Maybe he’s the radiation guy?

Maximilien, Leonora. They are long names as well. If he will be in the game i think, hell just be Baptiste. Remember Zaryas name is Zaryanova. Meis is Mei-Ling

But i think hes not an omnic

1 Like

J-Bap

2 Likes

A cute name a child gave Orisa

He might have a longer name, we don’t know

Actually his full name is SST Laboratories Siege Automaton E54, “Bastion"

Thats not the name of the omnics thats the name of the faction they’re a part of

It’s actually Lynx 17

Tekhartha, and the omnic with the longest name is Bastion

2 Likes

So far nobody has noticed this; But Jean is also a female name, and doesn’t necessarily have to be French.

1 Like

They refer to Jean Baptiste as a “he” in the letter

2 Likes

I believe Jean is specified as a male in the report however, but you are right on that last point

Actually I just remembered this isnt even his first name its an honorific

2 Likes

Ok Cerb, I concede defeat

1 Like

Do Omnics drink rum?

If they do then maybe he’s an Omnic but I’ve seen no reference to Omnic’s drinking or eating human consumables.

Cuerva seems to want him to join them for drinks and cards.

1 Like

BOW BEFOTERE MY AWESOME KNOWLEDGE OF ALL THINGS PITIFUL MORTAL!!!

But seriously tho, I dont want to jump the gun on anything whether it be him being omnic or human or even him being hero 30, it wouldn’t be the first time we got a red herring like this

Iirc there’s a large poster advertisement in Numbani for a drink for omnics

1 Like

Oh yeah definitely, I mean, everyone was certain Emre was Hero 27 until we got more teasers and viola, Brigitte

Edit: Also, I just remembered, Omnic Animals ARE a thing. I KNEW it!

1 Like