Jean-Baptiste Augustine is a cray long name for an Omnic

Highlight the word “Advertisement” aka not real

His name isn’t Jean, though. It’s Jean-Baptiste, which, I can guarantee you, 100% a male name.

I think you need to learn what the word advertisement means, because that isn’t even close

The phrase “built to survive” is an existing idiom that describers tough and hardy people; it doesn’t have to mean he was literally built. This doesn’t confirm(or deconfirm) that he’s an omnic, whether he’s hero 30 or not.

2 Likes

D-Do you know what advertisements are for? They’re for marketing products to potential customers

1 Like

Here’s the aforementioned poster ad

No, it’s why I pointed it out. Omnics can have long names.

Humans don’t tend to have stupid long names either.

“DO YOU NEED MY PRODUCT?! WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW CAN HURT YOU. click here to find out more

I mean… nobody needs clickbait.

That’s oil…not rum.

1 Like

Still, it’s a drink for Omnics, so theoretically if Jean is an Omnic, he could join them for drinks. Provided he didn’t kill them of course

I’m not sure if “built to survive” should be taken literally like that…
After all, if he was an Omnic… his aim wouldn’t have been praised like that as machines like Omnics usually are precise.

And I never said anything about rum, I responded to this part here

Saying there’s an advertisement for drinks for omnic, I never said it was rum

1 Like

That’s fair I suppose.

1 Like

Jean-Baptiste Augustin can be a french or haïtian name.
The mission is happening in Haiti if I’m not wrong, so it could be an haïtian omnic. Maximilien’s name is french because he lives in Monaco, it can be the same for JB.

If JB is hero 30 (which I doubt), I hope he has a cool nickname cause I don’t see myself calling like “Yo JB is low!”

1 Like

JB sounds like a bad rapper name

"Yo, what is up my diggity dogs?"

I think I just puked a little

1 Like

The teaser did show the word Meltdown. Some people have said it’s just the name of the mission to retrieve Augustin, but I think it could work as a hero moniker, especially if he has a fitting personality.

1 Like

He could also be a french origin. Captain Cuerva sounds spanish. If people think there is a voodoo connection it might be the first Carribean hero as a Haitian. There are also some african countries that speak french. Not to mention France it’s self being another European country we might get another French hero.

Then there is the theory that it might lead to another hero… maybe it’s Widow’s husband under another name? Widow could be convinced he died and Talon just ends up brainwashing her (putting in that memory).

Talon kidnapped Widow for the explicitly purpose TO kill her Husband though

1 Like

They might have revived him though. Remember it’s set in the future with more advanced technologies. Ressurection and implanting memories/ consciousness into omnics may be one one of the tropes put into the game. Overwatch is Scifi. Many people seem to forget that.

his name is derived from the first healer … John the Baptist. makes sense.

1 Like