❤ I've quit but still love the game and community

I quit around season 10 myself, but I’ve actually started to come back and play the game more now!

I mostly quit because comp was my main source of fun in the game, and it became so frustrating. Doing 10 placements felt like it took all of my will power and even if I won every single placement, I felt drained by the end of it, and barely wanted to rank up past that.

But I just missed the game and I wanted to see what had changed.
Honestly, nothing really has changed. But the balance feels a little better and I haven’t touched comp yet, so I feel a bit more positive about the whole experience.

I hope they do add more to the game, because I agree with you, there’s just so little to keep you coming back. A few arcade games for a grand total of 3 loot boxes is not rewarding at all, and there’s just nothing to do outside of comp, which leaves you feeling burnt out quick.

But I hope one day Overwatch does find something to bring you and others back, because it does have this irresistible allure that promises it could be so much more than what it currently is. (Some sort of campaign would go a long way for me)

It’s very telling when micro events like Nanocola DVA challenge or Ana’s Bastet challenge were extremely exciting because you could unlock exclusive loot

That’s another idea I’ve heard that I think I’d love for making gameplay feel more rewarding.

An achievement system with cosmetics behind it and such would go such a long way. But I hope they keep them in game though personally. I like the challenges, but I don’t really like when they want me to watch twitch streams and such to earn rewards. I know they’re free and easy, but I’d rather they be fun.

Though, I also understand this helps them with their twitch partnership deals etc. too. Just a personal thing for me lol.

2 Likes

I love the forum community but not the one in-game.

I’m in a similar situation for another hero.

Same, when I said community I meant the forums lol, both here and reddit

1 Like

It’s sort of hard to enjoy the game anymore, 2CP maps have gotten the better of me. It’s so infuriating when you get kills but they just respawn and get on the point in a few seconds. Too many CC heroes too.

That used to be me, but I’m playing again. Season 10 ruined my whole hero pool, its not fully restored yet but there have been major improvements as of late and some fantastic new additions.

I’m having fun again.

What usually makes me take loooong breaks is that too often do people give up after half a round to one round has ended poorly. Their inability to keep their heads up, remain cool and collected after such a round, shouting, raging, finger pointing, sabotaging…There’s a lot of s*** that makes me stop. What brings me back is basically just from having recharged my patience battery to be perfectly honest.

I quit Competitive long ago but still play QP mostly. But I’m to busy at this moment to play Overwatch.

Whaddup? I literally posted a thread talking about why I haven’t been on the forums for a while.
I gave a shout out to you in my post!

It’s a happy drop-by I made for those that haven’t seen me in a while, and to be honest, they’re the reason I come back to the forums. I know that pure people like you, and the ones on my list, exist on every game forum, and I love finding people who are like-minded in the sense of having fun and being positive. Even though it’s been a while, I haven’t boycotted the game, and I never will.

Play Nice, Play Neutral

|DoritoDiet|

1 Like

Mostly stopped playing when Apex came out, but also I had moved, got engaged, and bought a condo, and was unemployed.
Starting a new job with double the pay next week.

Haven fun doing whatever it is you’re gonna do Taiga.

2 Likes

I haven’t stopped, however my playtime has gone down due to MK 11 (which is gonna be even more with new characters being released in a few weeks). Overwatch is one of those games that I can put down for a while, but it’s one of the few shooters that I enjoy. Along with being one of the few tank players left, I want to be there to help.

I can maybe understand liking the game still, but the community, no thank you. People play so selfishly, and do stuff like DM you calling you racial, and homophobic slurs, as well as tbagging, throwing the game, not switching characters, and not playing the objective. Wish it was different, but it isn’t.

1 Like

/rolleyes

Fanatic about pixels… what next

Same here

I quit comp almost all together by now, between connection issues, stupid teammates, etc its just too many factors

Mainly i hang arround QP and Arcade
Been workshop coding lately

1 Like

Same. All the factors that come now in Competitive ain’t worth going into. QP and Workshop is where I’m basically at too now.

I basically only play during events anymore just to grab the new items and in the vain hope that one day the lore will actually go somewhere.

I only play with friends these days. If I see there is nobody online for me to duo with (even for QP) I just play some arcade or play Skyrim. I will be playing Vanilla WoW this summer to pass the time when my friends aren’t on.

1 Like

Hey there,
Sorry to see you in this situation and I completely understand your frustration at the moment due to the stated reasons. I can’t tell you how long I waited for Blizzard to buff McCree, but they finally did give my Cowboy the love he needed. :cowboy_hat_face:

Pharah is indeed a very difficult hero to survive with during fights, and I completely get your point of having a Mercy main friend to help you stay alive and fight longer than the usual. Pharah’s are usually dead within 10 seconds of spawning from what I’ve seen these days. Brigitte on the other hand, is just broken I’m sorry to say this. She is and I guess always will be on the top of my hit list just because how annoying she can be once she picks up momentum. :dagger:

I started playing in late 2016, initially I was a Hanzo and Genji main for some time but then I started looking for more heroes to play. Reinhardt has been one of my all time favourite heroes to play and I played him a lot in ranked up until I finally found McCree and bonded with him on an exceptional level. I have about 400 hours on McCree now and he is my top played character of all time. :cowboy_hat_face:
I just couldn’t ever manage to play a support like ever, I’m more of a in the fight killing machine kind of a player and I just couldn’t ever exhibit the attributes of a healer. The max support kinda role I ever play is protecting my team with Rein but then again he is a main tank after all. :smiley:
Whenever I used to pick McCree while I was climbing I used to really get flamed on when I used to solo qued most of the time but after a season or 2 I met someone in a match that I started playing with regularly later on. She and her friend had real good synergy with my McCree, Genji, Hanzo and Reinhardt gameplay. We were a near perfect trio to be honest. But then things shaped and started to get a bit too personal between us and I had to pull myself out of it as I don’t do relationships anymore and I avoid them to the best of my ability. I just can’t or don’t want to process feelings anymore for some reason. :expressionless:
I peaked 4021 (GM Tier 1) in my time playing Competitive Overwatch and managed to get all 3 golden guns for Genji, Hanzo and McCree. I have to admit playing McCree in these ranks was indeed a challenge for me but I sailed through.
I used to be fantastic with McCree, and I mean it. But ever since my sickness has taken over I have just been decaying physically. I’m not sure if I’ve got it in me anymore but if there is even the slightest bit of the old me left in me then I’m going to embrace it to it’s full potential for as long as I can. :innocent:

So if I can suggest you anything that could possibly make you rethink your decision about quitting Overwatch then I’ll say this, it’s not what you play that determines whether you like the game or not. It’s who you play it as determines how much connected you feel with what you’re playing as. Might sound complicated but if you give it a thought you’ll get what I mean to say. For me it was McCree :cowboy_hat_face: that kept me bonded with Overwatch despite already being a fan of it’s lore and diverse cast. For you it could be both Pharah and Brigitte. :smiley:

Good Luck to you!

1 Like

Y’know, without those I was content because the characters still had lore coming out that reminded me why I want to play.

There’s none of that now, so I’m kinda bored. I loved playing Junkrat because I loved his character and playstyle. I loved playing Mercy because she’s a pacifist and I love her playstyle. I loved playing Moira because I loved her backstory and I love her playstyle.

But with everyone just kinda permanently doing nothing new, no real reason to keep playing to attain any real goal, I’m bored. It’s fun for a few days, but after that I am off doing pretty much any other game.

I want to love this game like I used to, but I can’t find myself caring about the heroes enough to want to play.

Not to mention the sudden surge in alt accounts that have huge skill differences that suck all fun out of a qp match. But that’s besides the point.