Ive lost 9 in a row

That is very cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re tilted. Your in game performances got greatly reduced as a result. This may have started as early as the first lost game, or even the first lost teamfight.

If you start feeling like something annoys you in the game, can’t properly focus and notice that you’re not performing decently, you need to take a break as soon as possible. The biggest mistake you can do is carrying on until you win. If you want to win you need the right mindset first, which is pretty much “not tilted”.

1 Like

The 45 players that suffered from it: man I really love when we get a dog cookie in our team.

Wait this seems… familia-

Oh we’re making fun of Ethernyet again, right?

1 Like

those are rookie numbers, back when i first bought OW and knew nothing i went on a 21 game loss streak, after that it normalized but… yea 21 game loss streak felt BAAAD

Now what does this post remind me of? :thinking:

Oh, right. :wink:

the extended losing streaks do seem to happen far more often than if the matchmaker was working properly

I believe that ended up being 17 in a row actually…got that Ana skin VERY quickly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yeah streaks happen…if the sarcasm wasn’t obvious in the post - I didn’t have a problem with it…sometimes you play poorly and lose 9 straight…or you can look for stuff to blame

1 Like

I just want to quickly state that, for the record, I was only poking fun at you. I’m not sure how my post came off.

Oh the second part was just responding to the rest of the thread…not you directly

1 Like

How dare you admit your own short comings.
Blame the match maker
Blame your teammates
Blame trump

Just don’t blame yourself

When you go on losing streaks, you’ll get avoided by more and more people. You should legitimately consider stopping after each loss, unless you’re clearly outperforming your team each time.

It’s very random now because of the reduced player base, the matchmaker has to allow a wider range of MMR to fill in and start the game.

If you want better games, it’s best to group up with friends.

Even when you control your emotions and don’t tilt and just focus on your ability to learn, you still go on these large loss streaks.

The games match maker is a massive joke compared to other games, plus with the fact you actually need all 6 people to work somewhat competently together.

1 Like

that love/hate relationship fools ppl to stay in a game :laughing:

I’ve had 15 games lost in a row. In the “not even close” way. It basically means that Blizzard decided that you don’t belong in your rank and need hammered down.

Screenshots: imgur .com/a/4kyoL4U

And yes, I was try-harding all games, really trying to win. Callouts, hero pick suggestions, etc.

1 Like

MH (Mayhem?)

That’s simply the, best, mode, evah!

Though you might have just been stuck in a lobby that don’t know how to play it…where no one on your team picks anything with an area of denial effect, and no one stays on the payload. Slow death those. Fun. But still, slow death.

Leave the match after the game for a couple minutes, and you’ll enter into a new lobby. this works to fix most losing streaks. It doesn’t mean you won’t lose, but at least you’ll get a new set of players to try and win. =)

Good luck!

1 Like

I want to be avoided by people who put me on loss streaks.

Those who really strive to climb, wondering how to improve, are those who must climb, and instead this is not always the case.

the problem is that the matchmaker will always try to match you against opponents on the same level as yours, so there is nothing that forces you to learn to play better, if you want to go up you must have a “booster” so that they can appear to you higher-ranking enemies and by being able to play better against them, raise

many times it happens to me that with high elos I play much better than with medium-low elos

the worst psychological trap is overconfidence that is driven by anger.

people are usually not aware of it, but a series of losses ups the adrenaline, makes you angry and that anger kicks in your fight or flight instincts subcontiously.

in a Hunter Gatherer tribe this is survival mechanism, but in Overwatch? it’s lost SR.

I say, after 3 losses- no matter how you feel, TAKE A BREAK! the fourth loss won’t be your last!