It's Time For A Revert | Working Mass Res Mercy Workshop [WILL BE UPDATED]

It was their thoughts regarding the forum post itself, not the effort or game mode. The title was a bit unnecessary, to say the least.

Changing the title was not their intention, it’s clear to them they have no power in doing so, furthermore, your assumption on their intention is regarded as invalid. Not to mention, it wasn’t much of an argument, it was more of their opinion than anything else.

I don’t see why your comments should be validated either. It’s unnecessarily aggressive. Please keep in mind that not everyone will like everything, don’t take it as a surprise and overreact.

2 Likes

Apologies, I’ve had to deal with threads getting severely derailed by that individual before and am a bit quick to anger when people jump into any thread where Mercy is so much as mentioned to begin arguing against it, often with statements that are ignorant at best, and designed to completely derail the conversation at worst.

5 Likes

I’m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.4 is now available and ready to play! This one is a little bit more robust that the previous versions. Notable changes are fixes to how Mass Rez functions, HUD revisions, and patches to previous bugs / glitches.

Mass Rez (ver. 0.4)

Import Code: Y00K6

Patchnotes:

• Revamped Mercy’s Mass Ressurect System. Mercy is now much less likely to ressurect without using her hand animation during Mass Rez. Any souls within Mass Rez’s radius will be zipped to her location and Mercy will turn towards the souls closest to her within her range. This tracking is added to allow for more chances of the res to perform correctly, making resses from greater than 5 meters more reliable.
  • Mass Rez and Clairvoyance LOS has been tweaked to not activate while in mid-air when Mercy is killed or during boops.
  • HUD now displays more information during ressurection. A message showing the number of players Ressurected and an icon showing a dead team mate within the abilities range.
  • Clairvoyance’s passive ability of identifying the number of dead souls. Tweaked to now try to identify the closest live ally, enemy, and rezzable souls within it’s range.
  • Fixed a glitch where the HUD will display Mercy’s icon if she dies.
  • Fixed a glitch where Mercy Rezzes herself or enemies if she is killed while trying to Mass Rez team mates.
  • Added small Impulse to teleported souls to assist with tracking of the Mass Rez system.

Notable bugs being worked on so far

Resurrect:

• Sometimes Ult stays charged if Mercy attempts a rez within 5 meters. This bug is a result of a workaround to the non-working “Set Ult Charge function,” and will probably not change until that function becomes usable.

• Bug that occurs where if Mercy is stunned when rezzing, sometimes the rez doesn’t cancel and still goes through. Example: If hog hooks a rezzing Mercy while still in her range.

HUD:

• Glitch where if Mercy dies while attempting to Mass Rez, it will still display the number of players Mercy attempted to bring back. Will be worked on in a future patch.

Examples of this build:
Test 1 - Dying before Rez completes does not bring Mercy or souls she attempted to rez back (Note that only one soul was brought back instead of 3)

Test 2 - Showing the new Mass Rez mechanic

Enjoy! And other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

6 Likes

Will you be that kind and make her cast time little bit quicker like in that video?

I think it was in 2:09.
3 Likes

Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

While I haven’t been able to test with humans - it looks like that won’t be possible on the PTR as basically no one is playing :stuck_out_tongue: - I tried a bit with hard AI in normal game modes (plus your mercy changes). It’s better than before :slight_smile:

Some changes I would suggest:

• 60 HPS. 55 HPS just isn’t enough. Granted this is AI so my team is generally suicidally stupid with positioning, target priority and trickling in but then that is realistic for the vast majority of humans so I think it would hold true for them as well :stuck_out_tongue: I found team mates tended to die whether or not I was healing them and die swiftly. I tested it with 60 HPS and while I didn’t always save them I did feel like it was important I contributed. It also meant ult charge wasn’t too slow.

• The cast time on the ult should be reduced. In situations where you want to rez 3+ people I learned to avoid using the ult as alas it has the same issue as e rez but without potential team mates to shield you. I don’t know how much but one thing is sure, you don’t want to be sitting still when you’re in a situation you want to rez that many people. In essence unless the fight was already won or we clearly had the upper hand it wasn’t safe.

• For this:

I understand why it’s there but it’s weird when the closes person is an enemy, not visible or otherwise is not the target you see closest too you and you’re aiming at to rez. It’s pretty jarring so I’d prefer the bugginess to the camera rotation.

Please keep adding updates! I look forward to seeing what you do next! It’s definitely better each time :slight_smile:

1 Like

After reading lots of your guys’ wonderful feedback (many thanks by the way!) I’m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.5 is now available and ready to play! Major changes include a revamp to Mercy’s Mass Rez system to make her feel more floaty and fluid, as well as fixes to make Clairvoyance’s HUD more responsive / extensive, along with some other patches to previous bugs / glitches and a bit of QOL fixes.

Import Code: CJW2F

Mass Rez (ver. 0.5)

Patchnotes:

• Resurrect system has been updated to Make mercy feel more floaty, responsive, and fluid. Movement and aim are now much less restricted during her cast.
  • Mercy will now slowly lift off the ground for a brief period during Mass Rez.
  • Clairvoyance and the HUD has been updated to display in real-time and more accurately.
  • Clairvoyance will now show enemy player icons / souls nearby in a separate box in red, as well as a number showing how many are within Mercy’s immediate vicinity. Friendly team mates and souls will remain in yellow.
  • Fixed bug where HUD would display redundant information when Mercy gets a status effect, such as getting hooked by Roadhog or hacked by Sombra.
  • Fixed a glitch where the HUD will display Mercy’s icon if she dies.
  • Improved ult charge tracking when Mercy attempts to rez a soul within 5 meters.
  • Improved tracking of teleported souls towards Mercy within her range.
  • Most CC will now interrupt Mercy during Mass Rez.

Notable bugs to be worked on

Resurrect:

• Bug where if Mass Rez is performed at the edge of the radius, Mercy gets a boost of speed and / or height.
  • Bug where Mercy would sometimes only rez 1 person while still having ult charge.
  • Bug that prevents Mercy from gaining Ult charge or walking if she is stunned at the end of a round mid Rez.
  • Snapping to a dead teammate while rezzing can be jarring / confusing.

Examples of this build:
Test 1 - Comparison between 0.4 and 0.5 Rez mechanics

Test 2 - Demonstration of 0.5 HUD system update

Enjoy! And other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

10 Likes

I was testing it earlier with a friend!

1: We definitely encountered the “Reset” glitch. It occurred specifically when one particular soul blocked LOS to the others, resulting in the blocked one being the only one rezzed, and forcing Rez back to it’s E settings. Switching heroes and switching back to Mercy fixed it. We also noticed that when this happened, Mercy’s walk-bobbing animation didn’t play for the person playing as Mercy.

2: Sometimes, if you played as Mercy, switched to another hero and ulted, Mercy’s ult sparkles would appear on the ulting hero. Let me tell you, being meteor struck by a sparkly Doomfist was hilarious.

3: The camera snaps occasionally when you begin your rez, making it really confusing about where you are in the map- especially paired with the rise.

4: The cast time still feels like a bit much since you’re unable to fight or heal, especially paired with the 3rd note I made.

2 Likes

Also to answer some questions :blush:

There’s a lot of questions I’ve received about speeding up her res cast time. Sadly, cast times aren’t directly editable at the moment, without cutting off part of her animation.

So while it’s possible to bring back team mates before she completes her hand animation for a faster cast, and is something I’ve tried many times, doing so will abruptly stop the hand animation a lot sooner. This would be jarring / confusing to play as it’s not clear when her rez starts and completes, so until they add cast-time editing, I’m reluctantly left to avoid adding workarounds that cut off her hand animation for the moment.

Not being able to edit cast times are a huge bummer and really has been an obstacle me and many other workshop creators have been facing, so hopefully they’ll notice this and add some triggers that let us set cast times in a future update.

That’s something I hope to fix in 0.6. Thanks for pointing that out!

I tried recreating that but haven’t seen it. If you’re able to get a video of that happening let me know! That does sound pretty funny. :blush:

I agree, it can get a bit confusing. The snapping of the camera system is basically put in place to make rezzing a team mate more reliable from a distance. I’m currently exploring some workarounds though, and that’s something I hope to address in a future update.

See previous answer regarding cast times.

Any other bugs / glitches / oddities that anyone finds with these builds, do let me know. This constructive feedback helps me improve for the next version! :blue_heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

Okay, I just want to put it out there, but wow. This is so damn awesome. When workshop goes live (I’m a console player), does anyone know if pc games and console games will be connected? I’d love to play this, I miss old mercy so much

3 Likes

Yes, they will. Just put the code in a custom game settings and play it.

2 Likes

After a long wait, and many hours of testing, I’m excited to announce that Mass Rez 0.6 is now available and ready to play! Major changes include more revisions to Mercy’s Mass Rez system, various bug fixes, as well as a new E ability! Enjoy!

Import Code: T66BM

Mass Rez (ver. 0.6)

Patchnotes:

• Resurrect system has been revamped. Improvements and QOL fixes to make resurrect “snapping” to a soul less jarring.
  • Mercy will now gain some added altitude / do an angelic bounce after successfully completing a rez. This is in effort to allow Mercy an escape after the rez, where she’s most vulnerable.
  • Mercy can now “pull souls” towards her to assist with more reliable resses. Soul physics added to make their trajectory more predictable.
  • New Burst heal E-ability added: Intensive Care. Mercy can now apply a 280 hp (burst) which decays to a 180 hp/s (residual) heal on a single target within a 7 second duration. Within it’s duration, targets on Mercy’s team will have a yellow aura. Healing targets with the aura will give the additional burst heals, while other targets will get an improved 100 hp/s. This will help Mercy to maintain a tank through a choke, or allow her to provide coverage for multiple team mates close by. Team mates within her LOS but out of her healing beam range can receive a 180 burst heal. Intensive Care has a 7 second duration and a 10 second cooldown.
  • HUD information will now track the duration of E-Ability: Intensive Care (marked yellow), as well as when it’s cooldown (marked red). There is a refractory period between using Intensive care and Mass Rez.
  • Fixed bug where Clairvoyance would emit blue rings instead of yellow.
  • Fixed a glitch where Mercy gets her Ult instantly upon death.

Notable bugs / improvements to be worked on

HUD:

• Glitch where sometimes both ability duration and cooldown would display if Mercy rezzes while receiving a status ailment.

E-Ability - Intensive Care:

• Bug that allows Mercy to target dead souls.
  • Balance request to lower healing output.

Heroes:

• Glitch where Solider 76 begins with his ultimate already charged.

Examples of this build:

Mass Rez 0.6 Features and new E-Ability showcase

Mass Rez 0.6 vs 0.5 Comparison

Enjoy! And as always, any other bugs or glitches that you guys find, do let me know! This helps me improve with the next version! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

6 Likes

hey just wanted to stop by and give you props for this! I’ve been trying to code my old suggestion but I’m not as savvy, either way it’s good to see that you have a working code and that you have added some flavor to it! good job!

1 Like

Congratulations on getting over 100 subscribers on YouTube! Really excited to try use this out in the Workshop! :blush:

1 Like

My only criticism is that “Intensive Care” is way to powerful. The concept is nice, but when Brigs pack is a static burst heal, Moira’s orb is outclassed almost every second for 7 seconds every 10 seconds, Lucio’s Barrier and Zen’s ult on a single target can barely compete, Ana’s Nano is outclassed after 2 seconds, etc, its going to be insanely broken.

If it were me, I’d suggest if its going to remain 7 second duration that the healing be a 20HPS boost with cleanse, or if its going to remain a large HPS boost make it say 100HPS but only for 2 seconds with the same 10-15 second cool down. Basically make it’s very clearly a burst save and doesn’t replace other supports or permit solo healing.

All in all though, very impressive.

1 Like

Much thanks guys! I’m glad you like it! :blush:

Thanks! And oh yes, I’m certainly going to lower the healing output of Intensive Care in a future update. I had the numbers all jumbled in the video, but here’s a tweet regarding the correction on the actual values in 0.6:

1393 total healing (199hp/s for 7 seconds) It’s still quite high though, and I’ve gotten a few suggestions on how to lower it to be a bit more skill based. Currently I’m settled on getting it to be a total heal of 420, or better explained by one of my more math-savvy friends:

• Set the Burst aura to be 50hp/s
  • Leave her normal healing at 55hp/s
  • Make the duration 4 seconds.

50HP/s x 4 seconds = 200 + 55HP/S x 4 seconds = 220 which = a total of 420 (hehe) combined healing!

So just over Zarya and Orisa which is fine but under Winston and Reinhardt. So it doesn’t make her a tank healer per se. But it does help her sustain a tank!

So the healing per second on one target would be 105HP/S.

I’m not particularly partial to the duration per se, but I would like it to be more than 2 seconds. 4 seconds seems to be a nice middle ground. We settled on a 7-8 second cooldown as well which I will probably try. But do let me know what your thoughts are. I’d deffo want it to be her more skill-based ability. :slight_smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

5 Likes

I guess a better way to explain my thought process on it in a way that makes sense is “when this ability is used, what can still kill the target?” In a MMORPG, there should always be a way to out heal all damage coming in. In a PVP competition, healing should always be able to be outdone by the damage assuming the damage isn’t potato, otherwise things refuse to die and the best play then becomes to run massive HP pools and zerg the objective (AKA, the mentality that created GOATS. Despite how clever people think OWL is at creating new meta comps and tactics, this concept as well as others they’ve used are well known in the game dev world, and was not a shock to any of us).

I look at Mercy + Moira healing wise and then ask “what can I run to kill that much healing” and I’m really struggling to find anything sane with enough omf to do it. If she can be paired with another high HPS partner it will reinvigorate a new iteration of GOATS and thats the last thing I personally want to see. Additionally, as a Mercy I still want there to be situations where I go “crap guys, I literally can’t do anything to stop the death, no matter how well I play my brains out” purely because at that point it allows the proper ability for the game to proceed and not get indefinitely stalled out.

Basically, even if I play perfectly, there needs to be a point where I can’t out heal the damage or OWL caliber players will just play this as moth meta 2.0 and it becomes purely which team can not mess up for the longest. Eventually as people get used to it, that will be the route all will go. I don’t like the idea of your work eventually hitting that wall and being faced with that kind of balance problem, hence why I’m posting since its easier to tune early. We all know how much misdirected and vicious hate moth Mercy earned, and I truly want people to look at this mode as viable and not OP.

Just my 2cp.

1 Like

Messing around in the PTR with 0.6 and some easy bots (mine) and medium bots (enemy).

Intensive care is difficult to use (imo) because you cannot adjust the look sensitivity on it, but I do think I agree with Reverendpaqo that it’s too powerful. A shorter duration could work, but have you also considered a basic, single-target cleanse? It would help against Ana’s anti and Ashe’s dynamite.

Keep up the good work! Will reply more when I get people to test with me.

Edit: I forgot to mention that 0.6 oddly spawns Soldier:76 with his ultimate automatically ready. I think that might be part of your playtesting?

1 Like

Yup, agree 100%. That is what I’m aiming for in a future version. Not only in making her fun, but also balanced. Since I want it to be a burst heal, I may end up steering towards a sort of middle ground. This is just number tweaking of course, and we can always change it quite easily if it’s still too strong, We’ll see.

Glad you like it! And yup, Intensive Care right now is too powerful. That is something currently being worked on in a future version. In terms of difficulty, it is meant to be more of a skill based ability. Currently it’s set to whoever on your team is closest to your reticle, in a sort of effort to have it track wherever Mercy is immediately healing. I’m sure there’s better ways to go about it, but at the moment I’d like to balance out the healing output first and make sure it’s good to go before tackling the QOL. Definately a work in progress!

Also oops, yes I forgot to disable Solider’s “start with Ult enabled” settings. That was certainly for testing purposes. We’ll have that fixed in 0.7 XD

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

So, I haven’t posted here in like a year, or touched the game, but like, I stumbled across the news about the workshop and mass res mods by accident (I’ve been actively avoiding OW news because generally seeing anything about the game just pisses me off) and it’s like, it’s strange to actually feel any sort of hope for this game for once. Hell, if you can reliably find games with mass res I might even reinstall OW.

Good luck and congrats on the Kotaku article.

2 Likes

Alrighty, got another friend to test with me as a teammate.

1. Rez animation can stop and normal Rez killfeed update can still be reactivated, but this time I’m not sure what by. It didn’t happen nearly as much, so I wasn’t able to pinpoint it, but it’s not the same reason as before; it also didn’t force solo rezzes, it just acted like it did.

2. Maybe related to the above, if you attempt to resurrect someone just before they respawn, you’ll act out the whole ultimate but they’ll still be coming back from spawn.

3. Friend was absolutely delighted when he started glowing and wouldn’t die. I will say I think that IC is really good for caring for stunned or channel ulting people (such as McCree, while he is also one of her counters). So, you have at least one DPS main who loves the idea!

I might suggest doing a 65h/ps on IC. Slightly more powerful than her old healing, definitely capable of sustaining someone taking a LOT of damage (as she was capable of doing this at her old 60, though that may be different now with all the new heroes and damage types), of particular use on another healer being flanked or the pushing tank.

Making them glow is also good, so people know it’s been used, though I think if that’s combined with the glow on Clairvoyance for the other team it might make it hard to do anything after the first minute of a match, as everyone can tell what you’re doing- literally so.

Keep up the good work, and thank you again so much for doing this.

(Even if it is making me realize that current Mercy has forced me to always want to hide… :frowning: )

Edit: forgot some words.

1 Like