"its quick play" is just your excuse for throwing

And you won’t know when that is until you push the limits. That is how you learn. By pushing yourself to make mistakes and learn.

That is a call that YOU make for YOURSELF. No one gets to make that call but you. No one can evaluate your progress but you. You also don’t get to evaluate or dictate to others what their limits are.

1 Like

The loops OTP’s will jump through to justify giving loses to their team mates is wild.

Um no…at some level that becomes highly unhealthy.

Humans learn through mentorship, teaching, and a proper training routine.

If you need to compete, you don’t spend an unresonable amount of time at high stress to stregthen that skill.

You go slow, review the basics, supplement excersizes with breaks, rest days, and days to unwind.

If players want to get better then need to become more human rather then forcing themselves to become a bot one a losing streak.

If you want to really improve. Make the effort. Don’t sit there thinking you can punch a wall over and over and over til it eventuallt falls over. If that is your goal, use tools, streghten your muscles, find the wall’s weak point, do you research, practice a better technique, maybe use something other than just your fist, use a leg a shoulder. Explore your options.

Think about it.

Exactly this. Everyone always has some excuse wherever you go in this game.

Your Ana ends a game with 500 healing (all self heal from nade) because they thought it would be funny to play DPS Ana?

“It’s just QP bro, chill”

Some people are goofing around in comp metal ranks?

“It’s just X metal rank bro, no one cares”

Some idiot is throwing a masters game for an unknown reason?

“Pfff, so what? Everyone knows comp is a joke”

4 Likes

They also learn through self evaluation, experience, reflection, and most of all, mistakes.

There are many tools for learning and everyone finds success differently because we all find these tools have varying levels of success.

Some learn better through guidance. Some learn better through experience. Neither are wrong.

1 Like

You just described meditation. Which requires peace of mind and acceptance.

Your ideals for improvement through massive stress, harboring negative energy, and lack of any need for a proper teacher are opposites of meditation and enlightenment. Especially for a game as chaotic and intensive as OW is.

In the end you don’t find enlightenment even when you do get good. The cobfpict continues and you experience even higher levels of strain.

So…no. You’re painting an obtuse vague picture here man that not only kisdirects but lies to the people reading and following your advice here.

I don’t think anyone is obligated to swap. That said, I don’t think a person is getting much value out of their practice if they’re just constantly getting sent back to spawn without really being able to do anything.

People also aren’t obligated to play as a team in the casual mode. If that’s what you want, I recommend playing comp.

What is okay in QP:

• Trying new heroes (and being bad at them)
  • Playing off-meta heroes
  • Not playing meta strats
  • Not having the top damage/healing numbers
  • Staying chill even if you’re not winning

What is not okay in QP:

• Staying in spawn all game
  • Only emoting and refusing to kill the enemies/heal your teammates
  • Consistently killing yourself intentionally
  • Raging and saying slurs/insults/threats (this one is never okay btw)
  • Griefing your teammates by, for example, walling them into spawn
2 Likes

You are applying an emotion that was never conveyed through any of my posts.

This is what we call projection. You are placing what YOU feel via the discussed method of learning.

This is not what everyone feels. Personally, I don’t feel stress via this method. I feel challenged but what I get out of those challenges is entertainment. I find it fun to experience something, break it down in the moment and mentally review it.

I ask myself questions like “What was good about that engagement?” and “What could I have done better?”

These are not negative thoughts. These are the thoughts of someone looking to grow.

If you are prone to stress via this method then I agree it isn’t for you. Feel free to pursue a different learning method.

But once again, your way isn’t for everyone. To think otherwise is to be self centered and borderline narcissistic in nature due to an inability to see another persons perspective or needs.

Oh I’m sorry PVP is suppose to be casual fun fair and an absolute kid fest.

Why can’t we just let a PVP game be a PVP game.

If you really want OW to strive you’ll start to embrace the fact that it needs to be a game first. A game for players not your own game.

That’s another projection Nerf.

You are the one advocating that people are not allowed to spend their time bettering themselves in the game.

That instead they need to go seek out mentorship and avoid learning in the actual environment.

You are the one who believes they can dictate to others when they need to swap or how they learn or or what their limits are.

Why aren’t you applying

This^^^^ to your self? I’ll tell you why. Because you percieve everyone else as the problem and your way as a solution. That’s the true self centered perspective Nerf.

1 Like

Actually you lost the fight to make it casual which is ehy yall are being suspended left and right

Winder how that logic works when playing a hero that cant contest the objective against the enemy team

You can absolutely tell when someone is blatantly throwing vs practicing.

If an individual who wanted to practice and learn a new hero was constantly screamed at and forced to swap the moment things werent going well, then they would never really learn that hero would they?

The unfortunate part here is that OW2 is incredibly stompy and the matchmaker does a pretty horrible job at putting teams together for the sake of shorter Q times. This makes things even worse.

1 Like

If you’re still playing to further your team’s progress against the enemy, you’re not throwing.

You can still feed the objective with your corpse during overtime. But some heroes are better to just stand at a distance with if there’s someone else on the point.

You don’t get better aim without practice.

While on a hero that is not capable of doing it.

As long as you’re contesting the point, you’re helping. It’s better to play that in qp than comp at any rate.

1. That is absolutely not true
  2. Same question, while being on a hero that is clearly unable to do so?

Like you keep getting stomped out of existence everytime, you are not swapping and just hoping for a different outcome everytime and you want me to believe that you are trying?

What you call sweating is people actually trying to play and contest the objective. You are not trying, you are just going in to practice your hero against other heroes, per your own words. You aren’t playing for the objective

What i call tryharding, is playing meta heroes and counterswapping the moment the enemy swaps.

Where did i say this?

When your pick is still sort of working, you are helping and practising.
When you keep getting stomped to smithereens, you’re not having fun.

If you keep getting deleted instantly and claiming practice, you’re still feeding, you’re not helping = throwing = sabotaging

I’d imagine you to know the difference between practicing and active trolling/throwing.

You can practice, but i imagine everyone still wants to win, and sticking to the hero that’s not working doesn’t help you win.
That doesn’t mean you have to start tryharding by swapping to the “meta hard counter hero”. Just swap to something else and see if that helps.

Sometimes, practicing means pushing through tough and uphill fights in order to learn how to outplay your counters. That way you don’t have to swap as often.

For example: the interactions between genji and zen. Typically if both players are inexperienced the Genji is more likely to win out in duels due better mobility and easier to land secondary attacks and abilities.

But a Zen that practices fighting genji over the long haul can start to outperform them as they learn how genji’s engage them.

Making it so that for most Genji’s they no longer have to swap. You won’t learn that by swapping away from the challenge. So you will almost certainly have to accept some L’s along the way.

1 Like