Its official: Nearly every support has gotten nerfed 🎊

I’m pretty sure they will revert the ult nerf. They only gave him one due to his fire rate, now that both his fire rate and his healing is nerfed it’s well below what it should be.

Most likely next patch as has been the norm for a while.

Nobody

Not a single soul

Me on Mercy 20 ft in the air getting hit by a shatter

Literally nobody at all

Me and Pharah getting thrown out of orbit by a random Sigma ult

1 Like

I chose to play a hero at their weakest state as long as their gameplays resonate with me. So I have seen nothing but buffs and buffs to my favorite heroes.

Only players who like to rely on crutches and can only abuse broken heroes would cry when the nerf hammer inevitably hit their heroes.

If we go by past history with Ana/ Lucio; it would be about 8-10 months before they revert the change

It took Ana a year to go from 60 damage to 70, and she was the worst support in every rank at the time with a constant 44% winrate and even after the buff she still needed 3-4 more to even become relevant again

Bap is going into the dumpster with these changes. With less Orisa/ Sigma and more Reinhardt, he’s going to struggle like he does in ranks outside of GM/ Masters where Reinhardt comps run the show.

1 Like

healing in this game has been overtuned for years now.

this is a small step in the right direction. this and the moira nerfs.

but much more needs to happen before the game will be in an okay spot

Recent patch notes

Previous Patch notes

Recovery decreased from 0.45 to 0.36 seconds

Yes, a buffing him once then reverting him leaves him so much worse than before. RIP Baptiste.

1 Like

The strongest DPS now are WEAKER than the strongest DPS at launch so lets take that story out and put it down right now. Healing is STRONGER than it was at launch by a wide margin. The strongest tank is STRONGER than they were at launch so the only increase in damage to deal with is the increase through tanks.

Also, I have to give context to the Lucio change (and the Zen after) because the reason you are giving is incorrect and continues that victim narrative. Lucio’s ult was buffed shortly after his aura rework because he was too weak after the rework and they wanted to buff something other than the range of his auras. As for Zen, the only time his transcendence was changed was in patch 1.1 which was the patch that gave him 200 health and it was changed because he was awful and he got buffs across the board. It had nothing to do with helping him keep up characters that did not exist yet so that one is laughably untrue.

1 Like

Uhh

They lowered his healing, increased his ult charge, and nerfed his immortality fields cooldown and duration too?

5 Likes

Uh I am going to assume you do not remember Ana at release so I am going to list EVERY change she has had:

1.1.0.2C

• Rate of fire increased by 20%.
  • Magazine size increased from 8 to 10.

Nano Boost

• Ultimate charge increased by 20%.

Biotic Grenade

• Radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters.

1.5.0.2A

Nano Boost

• No longer increases movement speed.

Biotic Grenade

• Effect duration decreased from 5 to 4 seconds.
  • Healing boost on allies has been decreased by 50%.

New option: Nano Boost sensitivity

• Allows players to adjust Nano Boost’s targeting sensitivity.

Biotic Rifle

• Damage decreased from 80 to 60.

1.11.1.2A

• You can now disable aim compensation in settings.

Biotic Rifle

• Damage increased from 60 to 70.

Biotic Rifle

• Projectiles now pass through allies with full health.
  • Ammo increased from 10 to 14.

Nano Boost

• Now also instantly heals the target for 300 health.
  • Range increased from 30 to 40.

Biotic Rifle

• Increased the precision of the Relative Aim Sensitivity While Zoomed slider. This can be found under Options > Controls > Hero > Ana.

Nano Boost

• Heal reduced from 300 to 250.

So to complete everything: Her gun started at 80 but now is 70 but went from 8 shots to 14 and the rate of fire is 20% faster and the bullets pass through allies with full health. I would call this unquestionably a buff from her release version.

Her grenade had its radius improved from 3 meters to 4 meters but had the heal component reduced from 100% extra healing taken to 50%. To be honest I think this change is fairly neutral. The healing loss is not felt that hard because things taking the extra healing do not die and the most important part of it is the anti heal component which is BETTER so I will call this net even.

Sleep Dart: unchanged

Nanoboost: Went from giving a speed boost to giving 250 health and went from 30 yard range to 40 yard range. This one is hard to characterize but I THINK the healing component makes it into a buff. With the damage mitigation attached adding in the burst heal ensures that whatever you nano is at or near full health and has damage mitigation on them PLUS extra damage so they will likely not die.

Overall Ana is stronger than her release version. While nowhere near as much as Zen, or even Mercy, she is certainly stronger than her trash tier release version was.

6 Likes

You can’t call them “healers” and then complain that the “support” who didn’t heal was moved.

She never belonged in the support category to begin with.

1 Like

Some of these nerfs were more than deserved, some I don’t fully agree with, but can we stop acting like it’s weird thats every support has gotten nerfs ? Like why is it a shock that they got balance changes …?

2 Likes

I got caught in a flux as Mercy when I was on a balcony and the Sigma Fluxed under me
like I mean under the balcony I was on

*Bows a minute silence of Support Symmetra… for she will always be remembered as the best basketball player in Overwatch * :rose:

8 Likes

Both teams get to pick the same heroes. If top picks are not nerfed, you will see only couple heroes in every match. So what if Bapt will heal a little less than Moira now? You may get to play that one healer you wanted now.

They like to nerf healers, just look at all their games.

2 Likes

I’m just thrilled to know someone spent time finding all these changes over a course of 4 years to place them here. :joy: wonderful.

Hey you forgot Symmetra! oh wait. She got the mega nerf. * Career change *. Ouch.

great topic OP!
this should be pinned or something…

1 Like

Congratulations you are woke

It’s because apparently supports aren’t allowed to have any impact in the game and are supposed to only be free kills and heal bots. :roll_eyes:

Ana will probably get a healing nerf as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if her healing shots go down from 75 to 50-60. After the changes go live, people will start complaining about her because people were witch-hunting Ana before Sigma and role queue arrived (and switched their target to Moira).

I really hate these new patch notes other than the Hanzo and Reaper nerfs.

5 Likes