Its Mercy players fault she got reworked because of invincibility

It’s because her invincibility while Rezing was broken. I’ll explain.

When initial release Mercy mass rezzed, often if you’re quick enough you can kill her with a headshot before she pressed Q or right after which killed the mercy but the Rez still popped off.

Now, In the old forums if you were there back then like me, many Mercy mains complained that they would die as soon as they used their ult and couldn’t contribute to the new fight.

How did blizzard respond? They gave mercy invincibility during mass Rez so she isn’t immediately murdered.

It was after that, the wave of people complaining about mass Rez came around even stronger than its ever been. Killing the Mercy before invincibility was a thing was the line where people accepted mass Rez. Not liked it, but accepted it.

This rework came from mass Rez invincibility which came from the Mercy themselves complaining, leading to no counterplay, which lead to people complaining and here we are with the rework.

It came full circle, your honor. The rework happened from the Mercy’s cry of dying and then snowballed from there.

53 Likes

I remember people who were complaining that Mercy wasn’t viable,even after the Invincibility buff so yeah…

So in other words,water is wet.

38 Likes

This thread is going places…

But seriously, Mass Rez without invuln was basically asking to be killed.

11 Likes

insert moira eating popcorn here

20 Likes

Go find the real one

I keep misplacing this damn emoji…

Ah, there it is!

:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s actually the fault of all the whiny losers who kept complaining mass rez is unfun and unfair and is undoing their “hard work”.

64 Likes

38 Likes

so an ultimate having no counter play is their fault?

16 Likes

This argument holds about as much water as “it’s the fault of dps players for complaining!”.

The devs created the game and the devs did the rework, they and they alone hold any responsibility.

58 Likes

this is actually 100% true.

all they had to do was revert that.

although i will say they added it because ana was insane then.

then they smashed Ana into f tier with a nerf.

but didnt fix mercy invincibility.

Id say its more blizz fault than mercy mains but i get your point.

9 Likes

Mercy had the best ultimate in the game that charged up super fast, took no skills to use and had virtually no counterplay. Even if you killed her first, on maps such as 2cp maps she could literally just come out of spawn and revive everyone. She was very broken considering how little skill she took in comparison to other supports at that time.

Many people including myself almost quit the game because of that. They were absolutely justified and Mercy is now finally balanced and in line with the other supports. Perhaps they should increase her hps during Valk to 80hps and increase her damage boost to 40% but apart from that Mercy is fine.

15 Likes

Well you don’t blame the boulder when it rolls down the hill.

you blame the one who pushed it.

which would be the devs since they are the ones with all the power of balancing their game and we have given all the feedback we can but their communication with us hasn’t particularly been amazing.

Increased charge needed, raise skill floor, add counterplay.

ez fix

9 Likes

Woah, I am glad that not only me mention it. Really makes happy. ))

The counterplay was mercy risking her life during Rez. But invincibility ended that risk

9 Likes

Ez fix. Perhaps you should hand in your resume to blizzard then.

She was genuinely statistically weak before that change, and posted balanced stats after it. In fact, prior to her rework Blizzard went on record that the game was in the most balanced state it had ever been in.

Then they gave Hog breather changes, and reworked Mercy and D.va. Since hog was genuinely underperforming, that change had no ill effect.

They couldn’t just straight nerf Mercy and D.va despite the complaints because it would have dumpstered statistically balanced heroes.

The truth is that it is Blizzard’s fault for giving into the unjustified complaints about Mercy and D.va. They should have just told those players that the game was the most statistically balanced it had ever been and left it at that. The decision to given to the whining that wasn’t justified was what caused all the other issues with those heroes since then.

19 Likes

That’s not counterplay, it’s risk. Which is a good thing, but not really sufficient.

The only reason rez was acceptable pre-invulnerability was because Mercy was a terrible hero anyway.

yeah but i mean…

have you seen the way mercy and dva players act… MonkaS

i dont blame them.

That kind of applies to how mercy is now. She is balanced but people complain.

1 Like