Its Mercy players fault she got reworked because of invincibility

Let’s not act like d.va players spam they forums with a bajillion topics on the daily. They haven’t since we moved to these forums

Victim Blaming City.

4 Likes

You need a victim first, mate.

There haven’t been any D.Va threads in so long from what I’ve noticed apart from the Shooting Star ones

but when it comes to the hero,people have moved on. D.Va is fine and balanced

1 Like

DVA hasnt had a hard nerf for a long time.

I still remember when she was broken beyond belief and they gave her a rightful nerf.

not much has come close to the reaction this board received since.

it was hilarious.

I’m just bored of being scapegoated. The last nerf was literally fine and everyone that wasn’t like two people and a few trolls got over it. Compare that to this situation. Lol

1 Like

1 Like

… she was given that buff because TANKS and DPS would scream at their mercy if she didn’t hide for a 5 man rez, but when she did she would die immediately. AFTER the buff they still screamed over mic at their Mercy if she didn’t hide to rez the entire team but now with the added bonus of calling Mercy brain dead bc rez had no counter play because, again, TANKS AND DPS MADE MERCYS LIVE IN HELL BY CONDEMING THEM IF THEY CHOSE NOT TO HIDE TO REZ. awful post bye

8 Likes

This is true. Mercy is still statistically one of the best primary healer in platinum and below (majority of the playerbase are in those ranks). It’s only in diamond and above where Ana starts to shine which is deservedly so considering she’s the hardest support to use by far. I think they should tweak Valk a bit but apart from that Mercy is perfect right now. She has her uses but she isn’t a healer that is jack of all trades.

4 Likes

And the people who complained about heroes that were balanced were acting any better than D.va and Mercy players? No.

The devs should be balancing around stats at the highest tiers on the game, not on the tone people use when they complain. Period.

Blizzard is a professional organization, a lot of the people who play this game are teenagers and college kids. It’s okay for teenagers to be dramatic. Blizzard, as a professional gaming company, should be capable of making sound balance decisions based on data irregardless if it leads to dramatics on the forums because of what some stupid youtuber said that week.

I remember a dev whose game failed saying their biggest mistake was listening to their community too much even when the data disagreed.

4 Likes

but the armour nerf was a literal apocalypse.

MonkaS

I feel you. I play D.Va too and I think she’s fine. I played Mercy a whole lot too and I think she’s fine. And I play DPS a lot too and ofc,Mercy outshining all other supports was somehow the fault of DPS??

I wish Mercy mains just moved on too.

1 Like

Nawh I don’t think i’d be of much help with actual work there unless I was a custodian :thinking: im just giving feedback as to how the cookie crumbled and how to make a better one.

Because it was stupid in logic. They buffed D.Va because they thought she wasn’t survivable enough (she was) then made her technically less survivable than before. And are we still spamming about it? No. Though I want 400A 100H to return. Probably won’t because of Brigitte ruining armor but

That’s because people stoped whine about dm shutting down their ults. Pepole complaint that d va was doing to much. But that was the whole point of the rework give her more damage to compensate the reduction on dm. People don’t talk about d va because she a viable that fun to play.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: same here. Well, minus the DPS part. Somehow the only ones I like to play are “niche” (mei, sombra, symmetra lol).

dude Dva players were literally gaining 1000sr because she was so strong.

and the nerf was fine, infact wasnt she still meta after it.

even so that doesnt matter were talking about reactions from certain communitys.

and none have come close to DVA players and mercy mains on this board and the old one.

saaaaame. I play Sombra,Sym,Moira,Ana. D.Va on occasion. I used to play Widow a lot too but it’s really hard to win with her now

yeah we figured out that she was still strong but the nerf was still stupid why didn’t they just revert (we know it’s because Blizzard doesn’t do reverts but still) and even then we bounced back quickly whereas mercy players are still complaining incessantly after a billion years lets just not pretend they’re on even ground here

1 Like

The game is supposed to be balanced around GM because that is the tier where player skill is definitively not the issue with the heroes numbers.

And in GM her pickrate is on a free fall and her winrate is the second lowest in the entire game. Considering she was until then the most popular character bar none, that is a legitimate data point to say that she is weak.

So no, that is not kind of the same thing.

I don’t care if you think she is balanced, but unlike before her rework, the data is actually debatable.

Prior to her rework she was middle of the road in both pick and winrate, which is balanced as you can hope for a healer.

1 Like