It's March 6 and the Devs Are Still On It With the PTR!

For those of you who haven’t seen it, they just released more patch notes for the PTR today addressing many of the issues people have been talking about.

Along with a few bugs like people not dying in out of bounds areas while inside Immortality field, as well as the jump speed of Lucio’s wallride was nerfed, which was a bug that’s now squished.

Just like we’ve been criticizing the devs in recent months, they should really be applauded for all of these changes that they’re making in this single PTR balance patch, I couldn’t be more grateful. I hope to see this sort of consistency in future patches, thank you to all the developers! :beer:

60 Likes

It’s like a 9 month early Christmas miracle! :smile:
No but for real, junkrat getting fixed, bugs getting fixed… so many changes… this is great!

15 Likes

I too, am speechless. I just really want to get the point across to the other forum-goers that they are listening, and they do care. We still have OWL going on, but that clearly isn’t stopping them from working on the game! I cannot be more appreciative!

12 Likes

Now that they have additional revenue streams besides game sales, they probably have more budget for team hires. That’s my guess.

1 Like

It would make sense. As much as I miss the old days of “you bought a game and that was sufficient for the company” it’s just not enough today, especially on a game that’s made a promise to continually update with new content for free.
I imagine we’re at a point right now where everyone has so much gold they don’t know what to do with, I know I do, so more content for lootboxes wouldn’t do it, and they could always do more paid skins like the Genji/Tracer $10 skins, I’d buy those.

2 Likes

The biggest issue is most of the money they generate was through the first few sales. That’s why micro transactions (like Fortnite), help a company maintain revenue outside of sales. Add what they are doing on twitch, along with OWL skins, I hope they generate more revenue. I’m sure a 20M - 40M cost for a new franchise also adds some help … lol

4 Likes

They waited for the OWL to start to make actual patches. About time.

1 Like

I’m not asking for a battlepass, but I believe that thanks to Fortnite people would be more comfortable with paid skins now more than ever.

there had to be a clear reason for this.

1 Like

Us: Blizzard should make X and Y changes

Blizz: actually follows through with the suggestions

Us: :open_mouth:

15 Likes

I’d still like to see Bastion get IC when transforming and slightly more IC when in tank mode.

Then better buffs for Pharah, since she’s being power crept still, and is really suffering from Bap being added.

2 Likes

That’ll be the day.

2 Likes

25 Likes

In this case, most of what we asked for was reasonable and clearly aligned with the devs thoughts on the game, but I really don’t want the forums to get a big head over it and use this time as a reason to say “you should listen to everything we say

6 Likes

I literally LoL’d. …

3 Likes

I agree. They’ve been doing well this past month. Way to go devs, and I hope they keep it up ^-^

1 Like

IF changes are really nice. Also I can’t believe Junkrat was nerfed in less than 6 months.

1 Like

Aw, I was excited for a nanoed Junkrat to be able to one shot people! /s

2 Likes

You’re telling me that if I nano Junkrat he still has to two shot people!?! That’s ridiculous!

1 Like

Once this goes live, it’ll leave people on 5 health. 130 * 1.5 = 195.

I don’t know how I feel about that. obviously that means he can’t 1 shot, which is a real feelsbadman if it’s just you firing at the target, but if the enemy eats some chip damage (which usually happens during teamfights), it may not be so bad, and may actually be like a soft one shot kill.

1 Like