"It's just QP" should be punishable

People who don’t play for the team and don’t switch when hardcountered/required.

Lame excuse.
You might as well justify throwing/griefing in competitive with “you’re in the wrong game. Just play something else. Winning/losing doesn’t even matter at all in a video game”

In other words, a common player behavior, or this wouldn’t be a constant topic brought up ad nauseum.

Blizzard isn’t going to punish people in QP simply because they’re being countered or not picking a hero that meshes well with the team comp.

I think they should ban Hanzo/Widow if the another sniper is picked.

I know people wants to train them but training them where they are bad and against some comps just make me mad

so the majority of the playerbase in quick play

do you seriously not see how this is completely unreasonable? If you tried to enforce these things especially in QUICK PLAY not just comp you are going to loose a huge amount of the playerbase, i know i would quit.

1 Like

You should really look into Magic the Gathering’s description of player archetypes.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03

If you feel strongly about the game needing a separate space (QP, Normals, Competitive being each their own separate queue and not in Arcade) then you should ask for this feature, and then promote the idea that Normals cannot be treated as “practice”, with reduced risk.

It’s not as common as 99% of the playerbase.
It’s not as uncommon as to be ignored.

This is in question and thus being discussed.
By the way - I said “hardcountered”, not “countered”. You’re always countered to a certain extent. The issue is when you are countered so hard that you can’t do your job anymore nor “practice” because you’re running from spawn 80% of the time.

Usually, I get that response to a “can we group up before going in”.
Cannot see how this can be considered “really critical and aggressive and borderline toxic”. It’s not like everybody who wants to teamplay is just toxic and thus you are freed of your responsibility to teamplay in a teambased gamemode.

hey cool trick i can do that too

i’m not sure why you think the above doesn’t apply to the majority of the quick play playerbase, cause it does.

It’s not going to happen.

Go.

Play.

Competitive.

The rules are set, and some things just aren’t reasonable to ask for.

And your link leading to the statistics of that is where?

This is off topic.
We’re discussing what should be not what is or is likely to be.
Blizzard have shown multiple times that they can turn over decisions/rules.

I’m actually so fed up with Quickplay I’m finally going to start doing competitive this coming season. I don’t agree that QP should be treated as some serious thing. It’s frustrating, but some people just want to practice or not play meta. And with that I’m tired of people not trying to win, hence going to start competitive

1 Like

What “should” be is that QP is the primary “have fun” mode, and it is.

If you don’t find it fun because people aren’t taking it seriously enough, there is a serious mode where you might have fun.

There is nothing to discuss here. You’re looking in the wrong place in QP if you don’t find it to your liking. The solution is to look somewhere else.

2 Likes

its something easily observable in quick play that i’m sure multiple people would attest to including dharma, its why “its just quick play” is a meme, because many people say it in response to unreasonable people.

You are asking me to put in a lot of effort to prove already common knowledge while being unwilling to put in any yourself and im not going to take the bait.

Its like asking me to prove the earth isn’t flat except its even worse because I think id have to take notes for at least 100 qp games cause there aren’t any publicly available things i can point too besides what me and others have observed and i’m not going to do that.

Provide your own stats, notes, whatever, first and ill maybe match them but until then nah.

Huh? Because of the people that YOU see getting that response my “can we group up before going in” can be considered “really critical and aggressive and borderline toxic”?

It’s a teambased mode. You can have fun in arcade if teamplay isn’t fun to you.

If you don’t find qp fun because people are taking it too seriously, there’s a fun mode where you might have fun.

This is a discussion about coping with the issue, not running away from it.

I observe that there are plenty of people who are willing to teamplay in QP.

k and i observe that there are a lot of people who aren’t willing to meet your ridiculous standards, certainly more than 1%, id guesstimate that its at least 50%.

your observance isn’t actually more credible than mine except for the fact that im sure more people agree with me

we can try to get some actual stats but im not willing to do that unless you do it too, are you willing to record detailed stats for 100 or maybe more qp games

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

i can say that 100% of the worlds population enjoys and benefits from eating poop but that doesn’t make it true

do you expect me to believe that you didn’t just pull those stats out of your wazoo? Cause i don’t, i don’t believe that you didn’t just pull those stats out of your wazoo

I can do what you just did too, sam I am.

People who don’t play for the team and don’t switch when hardcountered/required make up more than than 1% of the qp playerbase just because you don’t think they do doesn’t make it true.

there, see? amazing isn’t it.

If you think there are additional things that people should be reported for you need to be more specific because the things you’ve said you want people reported for currently definitely make up more than 1% of the qp population.

uhh

green eggs and ham

Have I got news for you - the people that play only QP are more serious than the people that are only visiting QP, but not as serious as the people currently playing IN competitive. My evidence to this is seasons old, when competitive had a month long off-season and compers had no where to go when competitive mode was shut down.

QP went to hell in a hand basket. It got notably worse. Night and day difference from the on season and the off season.

QP players are generally trying to win, but they’re not going to bend over backwards for it. That’s why you’ll find 5 dps and one support and only one person bothers to peep up about it. But the irony is that competitive players visiting QP is hit or miss. You either get someone playing whatever hero they want and doing poorer than mainstay QPers, or someone treating QP like it IS a ranked mode, when it’s not.

I ain’t running from anything. The reality is that there is no rank to scare people into line, there are too many people playing QP in the way they deem the most fun, and the vast majority of complaints towards these people are entirely subjective on what is or isn’t “acceptable play.”

So yes, either accept that people will play how they want to in QP, suffering punishment only when their behavior is undeniably hindering and sabotaging the play of their fellows, or go to a mode where people are more likely to play to win, even at the expense of their personal enjoyment.

It’s just QP. It will always be just QP.

And do us both a favor and assume I’ll always respond to you with that line from here on out, because it’s never not going to be true.

2 Likes

Competitive is also a game, should we chill there as well? I mean, why is competitive any more “serious”? Just because it’s called “Competitive”?

1 Like

Because it has this little number that goes up when you win and goes down when you lose, and there are feelings attached to that.

Sure, winning and losing have feelings attached, but they’re very fleeting next to a number that is used as a gauge of your worth.

It’s ironic, but if there never was a competitive mode, people probably would be taking QP more seriously on average.

People keep saying QP is for practicing, but you do realize the point of QP is to practice for COMP. You’re not really learning anything by playing 6 dps aside from how the word “Defeat” sounds like.

How good you are at pew pewing, will only get you so far. Aim, while good won’t get you as far up as GAME SENSE and POSITIONING and TEAMWORK, you know, the things that you SHOULD actually be PRACTICING instead of trying to get POTG with your fav dps, off the point, doing nothing actually valuable, per usual.

The only thing people are currently learning in QP is bad habits and why they’ll never get anywhere in terms of ‘practice’.

3 Likes