šŸ™„ It's ironic

Iā€™m gonna say this one last time. Offensive ultimates canā€™t wipe a team by just pressing q. There has to be a set up or a combo. All offensive ultimates have counter and most of them require more than simply pressing a button.

In case of dva(since you thought it was a good comparison) you need to throw to throw the meka at a right angle with the right timing. Even if done correctly most of the times it will still be a zoning ultimate. In order to get kills with dva bomb you need to either combo it with grav/flux/emp/snowball or disable shield tanks and make sure they wonā€™t escape/ have them booped from cover.

Mercyes ult had no requirement for set up nor did it require any additional efforts apart from simply pressing q. On top of that you could reliably have it in pretty much every fight.

I will no longer be addressing questions like these ones

Thereā€™s more, but i canā€™t be bothered to find them all. Stop parroting this stupid argument, please.

2 Likes

Fair enough but it seems like if mass res still was in the game there would be no point in killing anything befor mercy. Right now a hero like widow dosenā€™t have to target the healers even tho it dose help the team emensly.

so apparently the feelings of a mercy player are more valuable than every other hero player? interesting.

Not really.

I prefer my choices to have a larger influence on the game than Mercy will give you.

I used to enjoy her, pre rework.

3 Likes

TBH I really enjoy it actually.
The only thing who feel ā€œmehā€ is the ult.
Strong, but 0 feeling about doing something impactful

Would also love to remove cast time on rez or give us another ability, rez just kill the dynamic of this fast playing char

Iā€™d put a bullet in Valk so fast, you would not believe it. Iā€™d put Rez back as an ult, but single target only.

Iā€™d then rebalance her kit around that. Give her some real influence, by having a strong base kit.

1 Like

I was replying to OP, saying ā€œmercy is not fun.ā€
In my opinion mercy is really fun to play and wanted to correct that plenty of mercy players also enjoy her.
Why play something you donā€™t enjoy?

1 Like

That is exactly why I gave up playing her. Add a pure support with some impact, and Iā€™d be a happy support player again.

I have high hopes for Echo.

In the mean time Iā€™ll just DPS - a one man addition to the queue times - part of the problem since well, a while now.

Only one of my Mercy Main friends from back then didnā€™t leave. We had a large group going, but, they all bailed post rework.

Iā€™m the only one still really playing, and I donā€™t play her.

This is her now btw, doing nsfw stuff, a low budget belle Delphine

And massrez had the same counterplay than these dps ults ? Yeah, it didnā€™t.

1 Like

There was no problem with Mass Rezz, untill Mercy players started to cry about dying during it and she got an immunity during cast.

Thatā€™s the moment when Mercy issues started, so you can kinda only blame people that cried about that.

Both gameplays are disheartening anyway.

Please read again:

Mercy has a much greater delay between switching to/from her staff and pistol, Ana and Moira donā€™t have this massive delay meaning they can almost fight and heal at the same time. ā€˜Almostā€™ being the keyword, in comparison to Mercy who has a much larger delay between being able to fight or heal. Thatā€™s not to mention thereā€™s biotic nade and the orb as other options.

As for the rest of your reply, well, to be fair after you appeared to ignore the keyword ā€˜almostā€™ in my original reply Iā€™m not certain if itā€™s really worth my time quoting other bits in the latest reply :slight_smile:.

I sort of agree and disagree. Yes, Mercyā€™s problems started from when she had invulnerability during casting, but to say the blame is squarely on them is wrong. Did they explicitly ask for invulnerability/god mode during casting or did the balancing team think that was the right course of action? I think itā€™s more on the balancing team than anyone, especially resorting to a massive rework when there was easily more room for tweaking the ultimate ability.

The fact they were disheartening though, that means she was changed based on feelings of those playing against her, fair enough. What about the feelings of those playing as her? Theyā€™ve been ignored. Quite a few megathreads with no direct official engagement with any of the feedback, including the warnings when the rework was initially on PTR that her new state would be overpowered.

1 Like

yea, i think they asked for that

While itā€™s pretty fail blog for a team to fail to get a team wipe from a 5 man grav/shatter- itā€™s still not an instant 5 man kill above/below/through floors and it requires follow up whereas rez is one button press; instant 5 full health bars. Difference.

Blizzard openly admits that sentiment factors in alongside statistics in making judgments about character kit elements and how they are tweaked.

You do realize, that itā€™s 5 man rez, only if a) all players died at nearly same time and b) they all are within range. First is really rare to find, unless team gets absolutely hammered with all ults at once.

Well it was. You can go red in the face saying it cannot possibly be balanced, but numbers said it was.

Why exactly was this response directed at me?

:rofl: good one, made my day. Donā€™t name your source btw, we know itā€™s not true.

Within ten seconds. A long time relatively and the range on rez was massive. Letā€™s call things like they are.

1 Like