🙄 It's ironic

Remember when you implied Mass was OP? That’s the point.

I mean you keep trying to put me down just because i told you that you’re wrong, so you obviously do care.

I’m good with that only if I get a salary and/or benefits

2 Likes

I don’t think I have actually tried to put you down… like, at all. Sorry you feel that way? I guess? Maybe it’s a victim syndrome thing or something? Do you really feel attacked? Wow. Gosh.

I didn’t imply that Mass Rez was OP; I implied that no one thought it was balanced. And I stand by that. Something can be imbalanced and not be OP. Sounds like you have been having a completely different conversation than I have. That’s a you problem, and I forgive you.

omg i feel like you’re writing some long-winded response that i’m not interested in reading, if only you knew i muted notifications from you like 10 minutes before you submitted your last word yikes

1 Like

But I think she is fun and engaging to play.
Disclaimer: I didn’t play her in any of her old states/OP states. I started playing the game after all the nerfs. So I guess that could be why I think she’s fun as I have no comparison.
I don’t really think how she used to be should be a reason to change her now though, the game changes. I think she could use small changes; QOL changes, or small buffs, but I realllyyy don’t want her reverted, as someone who really enjoys her now with 400 hours on her.

2 Likes

agreed

No, i just said what you’re trying to do. I could ignore it but that might make you stop and that would be no fun.

Congratulations, goalpost moved! Again with the weasel poop. No wonder your bark is so loud, its all you got.

More like i’m trying to have a discussion and you’re trying to avoid engaging in one but sure, that is kinda my problem.

And btw, i forgive you too.

3 Likes

Do you really believe that people that didn’t like mass rez really haven’t gotten over the fact that it isn’t in the game anymore?
I generally try to avoid the mass rez debate, because to me at least, it seems like debating politics. But c’mon, one side starts threads every day about how it (mass rez) was fine for the game and perfectly balanced, while the other side argues why they didn’t like it.
Mass rez isn’t coming back, but the people who disliked the ult are ok with that (in fact they are glad it’s gone). Your side hasn’t gotten over it yet.

3 Likes

This is sort of the point i used to make in the megathreads: If the rework was unjust, wouldn’t taking Valk/current Mercy away from those that enjoy her now also be?

Just going back is obviously not the solution

2 Likes

Mass Rez being removed isn’t equivalent to needing medical attention in terms of importance but ok.

No it’s not. People like to throw out that mercy was underpowered with statistics without acknowledging that they only show mercy as a whole and not her specific ability. That is absurd.

Cool, don’t care. Just because you are new to the forums and weren’t around doesn’t mean we aren’t allowed to be tired of their crap.

4 Likes

I figured you wouldn’t, it’s more to educate others who are reading so that they can more easily identify the logical fallacies commonly used in these arguments. You make great examples :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I never really cared about mass rez for too long after adapting to Valk and Moira’s release helped. Though feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
I don’t necessarily like to take part in mass rez debates, but they pop up so often that I just watch from a spectator’s standpoint at times. I agree that the threads popping up so often are excessive. However, one thing I don’t like is that even if some hypothetical QoL changes are mentioned, it seems as though it’s the same people coming in to derail the thread by posting something similar to “Mass rez is not coming back, get over it”. Everyone’s allowed an opinion, but things like that snuffs discussion, which this forum is about and gatekeeping isn’t a productive addiction.

2 Likes

It doesn’t, and its the reason why Mercy’s base kit power is so low, the reason its ok that she’s hard to kill is she gives very little value with her base kit, she just has two ultimates that increase her to a balanced state.

It wasnt. That’s why her stats were often brought up as some evidence as to why she was broken. Dunno where they got “statistically balanced” from. Although, it became an issue when she became invincible when ressing. The problem was, with invincibility = OP, without = bad

Except Mercy was UP, she never was meta with mass resurrect, she was never used in high level competitive as she was a liablity in a well coordinated environment. There wasn’t a single season where Mercy was meta with mass resurrect. She was the same as Moira, useless beyond Diamond.

2 Likes

It’s called a “metaphor”, Carol.

2 Likes

Anyone else get the feeling that Becky is living her metaphor?

You leave my sister out of this! :angry: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Probably the same one where you can kill 6 people with one button. Lets not pretend that stuff like riptire is terribly skilled either.

Very wrong. RIP-Tire can be shot down for a completely wasted ult. Reaper can get stunned out of his for a wasted ult. Soldier 76 can be negated by a simple barrier.

The problem with Mercy back in the day is even if you killed her before she used her ultimate she would still have it. There was no risk in attempting a Mass Res because you could never truly lose your Ultimate without it giving the full effect first.

Comparing Ults that can be stunned out of, simply blocked, or outright destroyed to an Ultimate that can never truly fail is not a good comparison.

3 Likes

Fun is subjective, I think Mercy is fun to play. Let it go already Mass Rez is never coming back.