🙄 It's ironic

To be fair, BOB is one menacing boy.

the point is they took torb’s ult away because they said it was too oppressive. then put it back in the game not even 2 years later and it moves, knocks people up and contests point lol
 but torb’s the “mechanic”.

that’s my point. His new ult I don’t mind but it’s so random as hell for the mechanic to have.

1 Like

In what world did 5 mass rez pops occur frequently and consistently? This didn’t even happen that much and if it did, you have to blame the team that let’s it happen.

She’s literally a sitting duck when she rezzes. It’s easier to rez now than it was back then.

3 Likes

I’d argue it was healthier for the game than it is today. In gold and plat, I’ve seen way too many wins from teams that simply accumulate their ults and simultaneously use them on a point to successfully claim point. There is no more ult economy. Using ults, whether strategically or wastefully, isn’t punished anymore.

The threat of Mercy mass rez ensured a nice game flow where rampantly throwing ults didn’t happen as often. The possiblity that Mercy could potentially “undo” someone’s ult kept people from mindlessly throwing them around. It made the game more interesting and at times prevented snowballing.

8 Likes

Sauce? Genuinely curious where this was said.

On the same world where half roaster can get a team kill, for example? Only <plat had problem with mass ress, she wasn’t even meta. The only reason for complaing about the mass ress was her being Immortal after it, actually this rework was one of the best and was the first post of the forum for months, but devs just ignore it and they suspended who maked that thread, lol.

Mercy now is a pocket healer for dps, so funny for a main healer, especially for an healer which make 0 dmg being able to make 50 healing for second.

Well, if we should “get over” why u can’t just ignore thread like this? :slight_smile:

3 years of Overwatch and people still don’t understand the fact she should be the first to die, this example dont make any sense, she is an healer, she is the MAIN HEALER and u know she is powerfull, why u don’t kill her instead of killing her intire team before?

Zenyatta, Lucio, Immortality field, even a stun can stop some ultimates, if Mercy was able to ress her entire team was your fault because u didn’t kill her and u deserved to be punished, and instead of using all the ultimates for pushing, don’t use some of them just in case if mercy can ress them, isn’t that hard, i saw a video where a bot (i am not joking) do that.

I am not gonna answer to someone because there is so much comment on this thread, if u have some issue for understading some parts please tell me and i will try to explain myself more clearly, i am trying to improve it.
I totally agree with Cameron.

Edit: I just wanna say, Mercy without her team can’t do nothing and she is a pure healer, so why she have the lowest heals for seconds? that make no sense, Ana wasn’t able to reach her healing just because she canmake damage as well. She now is usefull as dmg boost for dps and is just boring, she isnt even a main healer, i don’t know what she should be now? An off healer? but can’t make dmg? a main healer? But her healing are just a joke, just give her back 60hp at least, i will still miss the old Mercy forever, but omg she is so horrible now, i dont even know what she is now.

4 Likes

You’ve almost more accurately described Mercy than you have reaper. Although Mercy is not an aim intensive hero, her position was key. Mercys who would remain bunkered in one place were often easily picked off by Genji’s and the like. Staying in one place as a Mercy is a death sentence. Those are what you should consider bad Mercys and trust me when I say those Mercys don’t reap many rewards, 5 man rezzes being one of them.

Mercy is 100% reliant on her team’s positioning. She has no movement abilities outside of guardian angel and that is 100% dependent on a team member being in her radius/vicinity. Everyone always complains about their team member being “brain dead” and not cooperating, imagine how someone who is playing Mercy is feeling. If that team member leaves you behind, you’re screwed. If they’re behind a wall hiding, you’re screwed. Line of sight matters. Not only is a good Mercy constantly changing her position based on the enemies, she is constantly changing position based on maintaining a healthy line of sight of her team. When teams aren’t cooperating she’s toast.

Reaper on the other hand can still navigate freely on his own and can at least 1v1 someone if it comes down to it. Also not to mention, with his ult, these days he wipes out entire teams.

But outside of ult he can move freely and contest point and battle people as needed. Mercy can’t even get out of dodge if a teammate isn’t around. That’s assuming the teammate will peel for them.

Again, Mercy is 100% reliant on her team.

This isn’t necessarily true. I won’t deny that people have abused it but this issue wasn’t as rampant as it seems. Whole teams made it a high priority to take out the Mercy and that wasn’t all that difficult, especially with teams that would never peel for her.

All in all, I think mass rez was a bit of a problem for people back in the day because they didn’t know how to properly counter her and there weren’t many options for it outside of genji, etc. but you have to consider the hero roster at the time. There weren’t as many heroes with cc and flanking abilities that could easily wipe her out. Now, there are plenty of compositions that would shut down a Mercy and make it more competitive for Mercys to succeed with mass rez. With today’s roster, I think the mass rez experience would be very different than before for all parties involved.

3 Likes

Eh she was weak but wasn’t the worse. Wouldn’t say balanced either though.

Ana, Reaper, and Bastion were all in worse states than she was by her rework.

Heck PharaMercy Dive was a thing, so it wasn’t like she was not being played.

her first version of Valkyrie, that was OP.

I think so, but I can understand why others did not agree for the time, but Overwatch back then was such a drastically different game from the Overwatch we know now. The roster at the time had admittedly limited options for harassing and shutting down a Mercy but the roster these days have plenty of new options available complete with cc and flanking abilities that simply weren’t around then.

Now, there are plenty of compositions that would shut down a Mercy and make it more competitive for Mercys to succeed with mass rez. With today’s roster, I think the mass rez experience would be very different than before for all parties involved.

Not even talking about Valk.

Just in general Ana, Reaper, and Bastion all were in worse spots than Mercy was before her rework.

And this is what separates a good Mercy from a trash one. Also, just saying no doesn’t really mean anything.

That’s the whole point of Resurrect? Keyword here is “chance”. The enemy still has ample opportunity to win the overall fight.

I’ve already made it very clear that that strategy was trash. Skipping a fight, letting your team intentionally die so you can restart that fight but this time, actually try gives you no advantage whatsoever and more often than not, just gives the enemy the opportunity to use their saved resources to wipe again.

Worst case scenario is getting instantly wiped again. Which is what that strategy constantly resulted in.

Firstly, Junk wouldn’t have to. Secondly, Mercy would also have to rebuild her ultimate if the fight was still lost. You seem to be acting as if simply Ressurecting your teammates ensures a win. It really doesn’t.

Disagree. The huge res achievement percentage also seems to agree. :man_shrugging:t4: Plus, tempo ressing was objectively easier to pull off and it wasn’t trash (in terms of strategy) like “Hide n Res”.

whispers SR exploit, Invulnerability and just plain bad players.

1625 = 1625 heals required. This, in a vacuum would be relatively fast but it doesn’t acknowledge the fact that there’s going to be another support (more often than not), Mercy isn’t always going to be healing and in some situations, your team just doesn’t require that much heals and therefore, ult building will take much longer.

Nope.

9 Likes

I think it’s safe to say Skreaw is playing a different game. :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

Ana wasn’t bad at all, i can agree only with reaper and bastion, but this isn’t a reason to keep an hero being garbage.

Just read this post please, this is acutally the best Mercy rework i founded.

Actually with her nerfs that ended triple tanks she lacked the synergy to run with DPS comps.

It’s why Lucio/Zen sorta took over.

Someone played Zen Lucio as healers? what? ._.

Ana nerf wasn’t that tragic, just watch Brigitte, or again Mercy now, they got like 17 nerfs.

To be fair, Ana needed those nerfs at the time.

4 Likes

But pressing Q and killing 5 people is okay

You seem to defend Reaper a lot so

cough
 reaper

1 Like

Dude
how many people you rez or kill doesn’t matter. It’s the amount of counterplay each has that’s the discrepancy.

for further consistency, this is why I am glad the Widow ult change happened and why the sombra ult nerf happened. Gives them counterplay.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with my arguments. You just quoted me and then posted your argument about completely different issue. That actually works against you, if you really think about it.

1 Like