It's Bobby Kotick's Fault

Bobby, tell everyone about the random projects for OW1 you all would shove on us, the team would do OT for only them to get cancelled and for months of OW2 dev to have been lost. Or how almost entire teams are turning over and citing you as the reason. Don’t be shy.

• Tracy Kennedy, former Overwatch producer.

But Blizzard be like, “Chat may be recorded to investigate disruptive behavior.”

That’s hilarious to me! Hilarious, coming from a bunch of lying, human milk drinking, Cosby rooming cube crawlers who push MTX onto the mentally ill so their Epstein Island enjoying CEO can afford another yacht.

It honestly makes me completely sick to my stomach, he got the writer of the lore to leave, he got Kaplan and Goodman to leave, he got the Chinese market to leave, he got the merger blocked - Bobby Kotick is an incompetent rat and a monster and a destructive oppressor of the arts.

Every time I look into his beady eyes I feel as if I’m not looking into the eyes of a person but into the eyes of some degenerative offshoot of the human species, something that should not exist.

Hate is a strong word, but I hate Bobby Kotick.

35 Likes

ill just leave this here

10 Likes

I don’t think it is just the higher ups fault.
It is not the firs time the OW team has shown incompetence (take the balancing and matchmaking for example)

7 Likes

No, it’s not all one man’s fault. The devs ruined this game when they added role queue and started balancing heroes around what the pros wanted and took their casual playerbase for granted.

4 Likes

about the devs not being blamed i think maybe people are right. one thing about the devs always seemed that most of them have huge egos. never wanting to admit they had a bad idea.

still developers coming and going and changing all the time is an upper managment thing also. so everybody is to blame i guess

2 Likes

I disagree, it seems to me that the issues stem solely from the leadership, specifically from the CEO who’s had a direct hand in shaping Overwatch’s development.

The passion was there from the devs, the vision was there because of the devs, the PLAN was there from the devs - but the CEO would swoop in and undo all of their hard work.

2 Likes

I am sure that is also a factor but the devs themselves admitted that they have bite more than they can chew and I was expecting the pve to be a disaster from the start. I just didn’t expect that it will get axed completely.

1 Like

Of course the devs have “admitted” fault, they’re not allowed to mention what Tracy Kennedy said about Bobby blowing through like bad weather to snuff the dream of OW so he could save a buck.

You will not see any of them say even one single negative thing about Bobby’s management because they’re not allowed to, you understand?

4 Likes

They’re killing their own community and games last few years so it’s a miracle how they’re still alive. I’m guessing it’s from all the Warcraft subscriptions and COD kiddies dropping into Warzone. I wonder if Immortal still makes $2 million a day, maybe Diablo IV will replace it.

1 Like

The funny part the dude looks like he aged 20 years in the last few months.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/TTG548-2Yyj8CA0Gw05st_dGUKU=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23176952/1154931423.jpg

1 Like

Bro, I have played this game for 7 years and i know what the devs are capable of doing and what they aren’t.

They were struggling to make new hero once every 4 months. How on earth they were going to release new heroes with tons of abilities as well for the same amount of time?

1 Like

just looked up his age and he is 60 years old. 12 years older than i am and i dont think ill look any better when i hit 60

still maybe he regrets selling his mother and grandmother (im playing dont have a clue about his personal life)

1 Like

Aaron’s blog post pretty much said that started working on OW2 immediately and that it was a bad idea, which has been the writing on the wall for 5 years now.

Kotick did more harm than good but people who are acting like team 4 did nothing wrong want to hold out hope that this game will be great when Microsoft takes over.

It might get better than it’s been lately, but they’re proving more lucky than competent so far.

2 Likes

Ya he didn’t look like this a year or two ago tho. So I guess he finally starting to look his age.

1 Like

What saved ow1 from the brig virus

I’ve also played the game for 7 years, that doesn’t mean you “know what they’re capable of.”

How could they have released new heroes and completed the work? I’ll tell you how, with proper funding, by being given enough time and without higher management literally wasting their time and effort and causing massive turnover inside team 4.

I think you’re just salty that Bobby never took you to Epstein Island with him.

And how do you know that/
Do you have some sort of connection that we dont’know about?

I was unaware you knew of the inner workings of Blizzard.

1 Like

Isn’t there a chain of command for the devs to follow?

1 Like

History speaks for itself.

1 Like

You don’t care about history, you’re just shilling.

If you cared about history you would care about accounts given by the devs that speak to the abysmal mismanagement they endured under Bobby.

You’re literally just completely full of s@#% and not saying anything true or real.

1 Like