It's almost been a year since Mercy's healing was reduced to 50 hps

There’s a type of user on the forum who will take a post and block quote it line by line to pick apart or refute someones stance or opinion but I’m not that kind of user. Because quite frankly I’m too cool for that and I’m sure everyone would agree. :sunglasses:

I understand OP’s frustration and/or dissatisfaction but their experience doesn’t match mine so I very much disagree with everything said. I do think 55 hps would be nice but I feel like when you look at the recent balance changes for supports across the board, as well as the addition of a new burst healer, and the all-around survivabiltiy of the hero lineup in it’s entirety, my personal opinion is that we are dancing on a fine line of… healing bloat? Healing oversaturation? We have a lot of healing going on.

I don’t agree with N7 that Mercy does “too much” healing but I do think there is “too much” healing in general, not just when it comes to Mercy. I feel like bumping up Mercy’s healing when it is just fine as it is now, would eventually result in nerfing her or other healers in the future and I’m not down with that.

4 Likes

Its been a year since the nerf and time has showed that she is perfectly balanced at 50hps and that no buff is needed at all for her.

8 Likes

After a year I’ve recently finally come to terms with mercy’s healing lol but I’d still like 55 hps. I do think that a slight rework of valkyrie would make it way better and more impactful, such as megadodo’s big main little chains idea where the chain healing beams do a bit less healing while the main beam does a bit more. Mercy doesn’t NEED it but I think it’s a great way to make valk better. And mercy is still good, I have success with her, she just doesn’t work very well in rein zarya type comps

2 Likes

Please don’t generalize like this. You are just so wrong. I myself am a mercy player and i agree with the statement that mercy is fine and do not want to see her buffed. We already dealt with the moth meta once, and yes, even mercy players, at least the ones with level heads, don’t want to see her returned to must pick status. We like balance.

5 Likes

ok

18 characters for this

heres a link to it

2 Likes

Mercy heals the second highest average per 10 minutes, only beaten by Moira, who can be inconsistent. Assuming you aren’t playing mercy with a zen, mercy has no trouble keeping up with the damage.

1 Like

as many folks have already stated, Mercy is in a well balanced state at the moment, including her 50HPs/s healing

I will add that I feel she is in the very best state she has ever been

she needs no buffs, and should be given no buffs

she shouldnt be given anything, aside from some bugfixes (ga targeting through walls is the biggest one I am aware of) and maybe small QOL changes (like beam not breaking when entering Valk)

7 Likes

Just looked on overbuff and that’s false. When you look at both this week and this month, Mercy is still not far from first place for healing and does more than both Ana and Baptiste on average.

4 Likes

mercys healing is the most consistent, risk free of all the main healer options. of course it cant be too high hp/s because that would conflict with her aforementioned strengths. im not saying that exactly 50 is the perfect golden spot, but im also not saying that it needs to be changed. it seems to be roundabout where it needs to be, and mercy is far from bad just because she isnt extremely meta.

she does everything she does very well, and is useful in almost any comp outside of goats-like stuff.

2 Likes

The forums concluded she was fine at 60 too.

2 Likes

I dont know of any valid data to back up such a claim

3 Likes

You forget that Mercys healing has no aim requirement and no resource meter.

6 Likes

Ye thats why their now complaining about the super jump bug thats been around longer then the heal nerf has?

2 Likes

considering she has to change entire weapons if she wants to defend herself on top of being heavily team dependent, i’d say its a good trade off.

2 Likes

They are only complaining about it now because xQc was foiled by superjump. He was bamboozled. Hoodwinked. Flim-flammed. Outplayed. Outgunned. Outmaneuvered.

I bet you, outside of people who frequent the forums and a handful of Mercy mains a lot of those people who came to the forum to talk or complain about superjump didn’t know about its existence until the clip of xQc having a conniption fit over it began circulating.

8 Likes

On top of that, Moira is very much so the worst healer in the game right now. Mercy has utility. Moira does not.

1 Like

1 Like

no, those complaints started because a very toxic yet popular streamer complained a bit earlier this week about his troubles dealing with superjumping Mercy in a match he was playing

Tbh, at this point if Mercy does get buffs I’d rather see creative ones than a flat numbers one.

Like adding 1m to her beam length and 2m to GA out of Valk (increased response time buff, keep as is in Valk), adding an ability that lets Mercy sacrifice her self heal to apply it to an ally for an extra 20hps, Big main lil’ chains (plz Blizz it’s been long enough let me juggle again), +x% reload speed/rof on a boosted target. Those types of things.

1 Like