"It's a skill issue." Is this toxic?

at some point you just have too expect that people are going to say “x played worse then y” and just gg go next.

its not that big of a deal, we all have bad games and sometimes people tell us we had those bad games. idc what some random person says too me so im not going to throw a fit. though if they say anything bannable i will report them out of principle.

Its just the brutal truth ™

Exactly. There is a big difference between a character saying something to another character, and a player saying something to another player.

Or maybe blizzard should hit dva with a chat suspension. :person_shrugging:

Being an adult is being able to hear something you might interpret as toxic and moving on with your life. That means not getting upset and not complaining on the forums about it.

Diff is just throwing shade and a person saying it’s a skill issue can either be them stating a fact or them admitting defeat.

And I’ll say this I’ve used that term over diff not to insult but to say “there is a skill issue” clearly the enemy team has the better players this happens its no ones fault some folks are better than others. Now during this hysteria can hit and many people get paranoid and start pointing fingers.

Diff well “DPS diff” clearly the dps sucks or they’ll name drop the hero instantly just trashing the poor player.

In the Overwatch universe, yes. In our universe, no. Because she’s fictional.

Dva is a walking gamer stereotype, everything she says is ridiculous. They give her meme voice lines all the time because they know it’s absurd for a person to actually say that sort of thing out loud. Nobody should be using her as a role model for actual human behavior. I’m honestly surprised they haven’t given her “tank diff” yet.

No.

ldfkjgldkfjgldkfjglkdfjlg

Tracer used to say wanker.

I dont think skill issue is toxic in general, depends on the context and the reasons why someone would say it

Some people keep spamming it to trigger others, that would be a report.

…we’re gonna need some more context in your title & OP than just ‘skill issue same as diff?!’ … :thinking:

Here is the context:

1 Like

It is toxic only if a player says it.

One could argue that D.VA was designed after real human interactions…

1 Like

Its a skill issue to be upset for someone saying “its a skill issue”, clearly a skill issue diff. XD

It doesn’t matter if a character says it. Not to mention that line in particular is automatic and can’t be triggered by the player.

So by this logic, 70% of this community should be banned

This is a video that, to me, summarizes what statements like that actually mean.

Sometimes it’s just a skill difference and the only solution is to get better at the game. Whether a fact is a bitter pill or the wind that drives them forwards depends on the player.

So it’s okay if a character says it but not a human? What if they add in there a voice like “It’s a tank diff” and people repeated that line? Would it be okay to use? Is it okay to repeat what D.VA or Cassidy or Tracer say because you’re repeating voice lines?

1 Like

Yes.

And even in +18 games just because the characters are allowed to swear it doesn’t mean the player can too.

1 Like

grow a thic skin boy