"It's a skill issue." Is this toxic?

How is this different than “diff”?

For the people asking about context:

3 Likes

Well, is it constructive? Is it meant to convey anything except an attempt to upset someone?

7 Likes

Idk, is it? Bc this is something D.VA says and I was curious as to how the feel of her comment is different than the feel of someone saying “diff”

1 Like

If it’s a voice-line, using it shouldn’t be an issue. But going out of your way to try and upset someone, barring “beating them at the game” is generally considered toxic.

3 Likes

Blizzard, OW1.2 and this entire forum. All toxic dude.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be an issue - no. Who’s to say that the people who put that voice line in there didn’t intent to provoke others into being upset?

1 Like

She also has “Is this EZ mode?” Maybe we should ban D.Va for being a toxic gamer.

How to get banned:

Enemy Team: Your trash.
Enemy Team: You should uninstall.
Enemy Team: Your Sh!t

Me: “Lost to Trash”
Guess who gets banned in this Situation. OMEGALUL.

ME.

Umm… Blizzard? By putting it in game, it should be considered fine to use. Just like picking a hero in game isn’t considered wrong, even if off-meta. If they WERE a problem to pick, Blizzard would have removed them from the playable list.

1 Like

I meannnnn… with some of her voice lines, couldn’t she be considered a toxic gamer?

2 Likes

honestly people saying it has bugged me i know d.va says it in game

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/KhjAr8U.png

“lost to trash” - ban

Wouldn’t this mean that Blizzard promotes toxic gaming?

2 Likes

Not my call to make. Presumably no. But Blizzard has been known to be hit or miss on some of their rules at times.

1 Like

Anything that can be seen in the context in a negative light is reportable for abusive chat.

If you see them say something that is seen as negativity, just report them.

I generally laugh at these people

Soooo D.VA should be reported for abusive chat?

1 Like

Just report them, yeah.

Wait for the message, I get about ~5 a day
What the proof will look like:
https://i.imgur.com/ooxncpV.png

Mini-rant…

People at OW2 don’t seem to understand their own characters. D.Va in OW1 came off as conceited, but her lore suggests it is a façade, and possibly even an example of celebrity image-crafting.

The number of mean-spirited voice lines and interactions she has now makes me think the writers finessed themselves and though, ‘conceited, toxic gamer girl,’ was actually D.Va’s personality.

She was always on the edge as far as the line between funny/cute/annoying went. She just yolo-boosted herself several miles past it for OW2.

2 Likes

Now, we all report you on the forums, omegalul

I just wanna go on record to say that I don’t like D.VA’s attitude and find her annoying af because she’s just… mean. And my point is that if people hear her say things like she does, does that mean players can say the same thing?

People are getting so up in arms over “diff” when D.VA has just as sh*tty voice lines.

1 Like