Its 2020, why do we not have team status on HUD?

One thing I feel would improve team cohesiveness and coordination is if I could see the status of all my team (health/ult) without hitting tab.

78 Likes

I’d like this, at least that way we have some degree of teamwork if people are choosing not to use their mic.

7 Likes

It’s because it would be helpful. This game is trying to be as obnoxious as possible. Custom HUD? Onscreen information about team mates? Nah, what we need is more CC and one shots.

Small indie company, please understand.

50 Likes

Yes - this would be the best QoL addition for the Hud. It would also encourage better game play.

13 Likes

I would really love seeing something like that, similar to the team HUD for the coop mission.

I know in a fast paced fps you want to have a clear screen, but i’m not sure adding this would be a problem for the players.
Perhaps it’d be though, at least i’d like to hear somethign from the devs, telling us they think it’s not good.

5 Likes

yeah it should be an optional thing you can turn on in settings

9 Likes

As one who often ends up being a main shotcaller between friends, I’d love this! Right now I generally just tap tab, which works, but y’know…

5 Likes

The problem is that the HUD is too simplistic and appeasing to the eye rather than practical.

Maybe it might get added with the HUD overhaul in OW2.

6 Likes

and diablotical can change everything in the UI… you can even share codes and use someone elses UI… too bad its freaking jumping emoji quake ripoff game

Scoreboards? Proper stats? Custom HUDs? Maps/mode selector for QPC? Seems you folks forgetting Team4’s motto: “We know better what you want: if it is not here, you do not need it!”. /s =)

P.S. OW is an early prototype pushed into production feature-incomplete. OW2 will be the proper OW v1.0.

6 Likes

I understand why they didn’t include it (they want less visual clutter), but perhaps giving players the option to have that feature would be good. That way if you think it clutters the screen you can just turn it off.

3 Likes

You can already see team health without hitting tab
You go into options and select - frendly healthbars - On
Something like that…

The only thing you can’t see is ult without pressing tab. Which honestly is just unnecessary visual clutter imho, because ults should be coordinated. It doesn’t matter if you see your Rein has his ult up, when you don’t know how and when he’s planning to use it unless he outright tells you.

It’s much easier and more efficient to press tab to see all the ults you have up VS having to physically look around the map and each teammate to see what ults are up.

I thought the feature in question was having it available on the user interface, and not as an in-world graphic?

It might be intentional?

Archives lets you see health and ult charge .-.

I think it’s so that people will learn to be aware of their teammates. It’d make support a little too easy if you could just never turn around to see if the people behind you need heals until the HUD shows you they do.

blizzard putting in work to do something good for the game? doesn’t sound likely

2 Likes

Ooo yes please :pray:

The Archives UI is all I want for when I am playing healer. Keep it optional and everyone wins.

6 Likes

At this point i’m sure there would be people calling a QOL like that toxic.

Sure would. It’s toxic to voice communication. Things like this only are done cause voice chat would be obsolete.

2 Likes