It's 2018. Provide us with a block list like we had in WoW from what... 2004?

I wish we could actually add more onto the avoid player list. Make this a thing please. Even if it’s restricted to only gold/plat and master+ can’t do it. Just freaking GIVE THE PLAYERBASE THIS FUNCTION.

Half of the reason why this game is such a toxic cesspit at times is because we can’t just block these toxic people.

There is no freaking good reason in 2018 why we shouldn’t be able to have a huge block list. We had this functionality back in WoW.

6 Likes

people who feel the need to block more than two people give me huge crybaby vibes.

2 Likes

Not even close to true.

Not at all. It’s because I play Ana and I was denigrated all last match by a bunch of hateful angry golds that I had silver eliminations for half the match and 12k healing for a pretty darn short match.

I shouldn’t need to put up with close minded golds opinions on Ana when I am doing way more than my basic healing job.

You can block people in game. There is no specific list though so to unblock someone at a later date, you have to find them in game again.

I feel like having more space on the avoid list would just lead to a huge number of player just avoiding their entire team every time they lose. Really, how many people do you see that think the loss is everyone’s fault but theirs? I see that almost every game, so I think it’d have a pretty negative impact on matchmaking overall to have so many players that can’t queue with each other.

1 Like

If that’s how they want to use it, shouldn’t that be their choice?

It would be fine if it didn’t have a negative impact on the rest of the community. Too many players removed from the matchmaking pool increases queue times for everybody. Player A can’t queue with player B who can’t queue with player D because Player C avoided them and so forth.

3 Likes

I already have long queue times because I almost exclusively use LFG because I want quality matches. Besides a few people abusing something shouldn’t be justification for neglecting everyone else that plays by the rules, a lesson I thought blizzard would have learned by now.

If people want to spam block people then their natural downside is THEY will have longer queue times. If a lot of people block the same person then that person will have longer queue times.

1 Like

They removed and added it again with a limit because everybody abused it, not a few.

1 Like

I think you have a more optimistic view of others than I do when it comes to trusting their behavior. I’d guess that probably 90%+ of the player base would abuse it. I have very few losses where somebody who won’t get off their terrible pick or use their mic thinks everybody else lost them the match.

…because at that time it didn’t have the guideline it has now, the original was a beta of the one we have now. If you avoid a bunch of people AS TEAMMATES the only getting punished is you, whereas if a lot of people avoid the same person chances are that person is a problem worth looking into.

WoW never had a block function that altered the matchmaking algorithm, and literally did not have a matchmaking algorithm at all until 2008.

As for a mute/block communication function, we have that, and it works exactly as well as it always did.

3 Likes

Like I said, I almost exclusively use LFG so I can gate who I play with. That being said I’d like to have the option to report/punish someone that joins my group under false pretenses and sabotages the game. Right now I have to gamble with only having 2 slots. 10 would have been acceptable, not 2. 2 slots for “40 million players” mind you.

if you dont have anything useful to add… THEN DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL

this forums also needs a block function… so many ppl just spam topics with toxic nonsense.

i already run out of flags.

2 Likes

Without the limit people would even add those players who carry their team so they can’t find them in the other team in another match. And if you use exclusively LFG then you can kick the troll and not allow him on your team anymore, you have choices.

yea and when you log in the next day the block is somehow gone.

i didn’t even know you can run out of flags. i think you should loosen up more, seriously…

you are the best example why this forums needs a user block option.

2 Likes

You aren’t matched from a pool of 40 mil players. The system triage players that are within your MMR, and around the same geographic area. Not only “NA, EU, Asia”, but to keep everyone around the same latency as well. Then there is the simple fact that not all those players are active at the same time.

So even if you are in a high population area (eg, gold tier in east coast USA), you probably isn’t being matched against 10% of that total population. It will probably be closer to 100k or so players. When you start checking for situations with lower populations (GM, middle east, playing 2 AM), avoiding too many players will heavily impact your queue times.

You’re right, but now that troll is free to mess with someone else’s game without any sort of punishment. It’s important that we be able to police ourselves and weed out bad seeds if OW is to function as a community. The “all are welcome, anything goes” mentality from everyone is why we are where we are now and why a post like this or even Dandy’s even has to exist.