It Is Literally Impossible To Climb

I’ve also never seen any evidence on people taking a lower ranked account and improving. On the contrary, I’ve seen countless pros take NEW accounts, intentionally place bronze, then livestream their progress to GM - hoarding 100s (hundreds) of SR per game.

I have a friend who primarily plays DPS and is about 200 sr above me ~2100. He recently bought a new account and mains widow and tracer on it, and routinely plays games 500 sr above his main ~2400-2600. If nothing else is learned from this, it is that SR placement is not an accurate representation of “where you belong” - as it is possible to do just as well in an SR above your current.

The problem is MMR. That is what is holding people back, and why the system “thinks” you still belong at the rank you were when you first started playing. Play on an account more than two years old and tell me otherwise.

1 Like

I think what you mean to say is that the sum of your positioning mistakes, missed shots (i.e. your mechanics/average time to kill), and game sense keeps you out of higher ranks.

Also, playing the objective is not always the right answer.

1 Like

having 50% win/loss… that’s actualy good… that means you’re in the right place…

though i get the feeling that during events the rank shifts towards bad

1 Like

it is just in your head, in reality you are at your skill rating and without actual improvement and changes your rank will not change. 50% wr is a definition of hardstuck individual. I remember I was 3300 hardstuck untill I fix actual mistakes I made during games, aim errors, positional errors etc, but the hardest is to see these errors and mistakes about yourself. To be able to do this you should always have an answer for a simple question “what could I have done better” every time you die. Because there is always a way to improve. Replays, vod review, comparison with better players, reviewing their gameplay would give you answers.

1 Like

I bought a new account and wanted to see where I would place. On my first account I am silver in dmg, healer, and bronze on tank. I have been bronze most of the time and now have gotten up to silver. On the new account I am at mid gold on all 3 roles, and have been maintaining it.

1 Like

bronze and silver are tough to get out off…

most people in that rank don’t play as a team ever

1 Like

Bronze and silver are actualy most easy ranks to get out off. From obvious reason.

How do explain one account being mid gold and the other being bronz, and silver for a long time. Its more of a issue with the system than most players.

1 Like

for me those are actualy the worst xD

like i said, i can’t use voip/com haha

i’m gold with support and high silver/low gold with tank

1 Like

So I guess you are in the endge of bronze/Silver. Let me explain why its most easy. The lower you go on the ladder, the more mistakes people generaly do. And more serious mistakes even huge flawns in gameplay like having terrible setting and messed up aim because of it. Or playing at 15 FPS and stuff like that.

So to just climb to silver, you need to play like silver, you can still do plenty of mistakes silver players do. Generaly speaking you dont need to fix that much to climb from it. But this will get significantly harder every rank above. And If you are for example diamond, players will not being doing obvious mistakes that much. The higher you go, the less space there is for doing mistakes and not be punished. Also since players in bronze do horrible mistakes, its easy to punish them for it.

Try to ask for replay review, it might help you to climb.

i’m fine with being gold/high silver haha :slight_smile:

and you’re right people make a lot of mistakes :slight_smile: that’s why i find it hard to get out of it when i’m in silver/bronze

especialy as tank :o not blaming anybody but me though haha (though the mistakes my team make are sometimes painfull to watch)

1 Like

Try to learn these mistakes, not do them on your own and punish them on enemy side. some heroes are great for that. Roadhog and Zarya for example from tanks. If you play dps, hitscans are great as people lowe dont use high ground that much so you can abuse it.

can’t help them being stuborn and not taking counters :wink:

2 Likes

You have to come terms with the fact that you haven’t improved, or at least haven’t improved enough to climb. I say this because you know that it is possible to climb out of any rank but you just don’t know how to. I would recommend sticking to 1 hero and solely playing them. It should be a hero that you enjoy so that you don’t burn out. Get vod reviews done to see what mistakes you are making and watch Top 500 gameplay or unranked to gm gameplay on your respective gameplay to learn how to properly play your hero. Another thing that you can do on any hero is improve your mechanics. Look into what mechanics your hero has and try and practice them each day. Playing 1 hero a lot and practicing their mechanics will make you feel more comfortable on them. The more comfortable you are on your hero, the more you can focus on other things while playing such as ult tracking, comms, etc. If you are below 4000sr, there is something that you are consistently doing incorrectly(Even Grandmaster players make mistakes aswell, just not as consistently though).

better get 1 main and 1 backup for tank and support.

DPS 1 for every situation

Hehe, and while we’re at it might as well buy an account for each hero. That way we’re one-trick safe!

Plus a backup. Always gotta have at least 3 backups. Never know when you might need one. New accounts keep the games fresh!

Meanwhile, I can hear my wallet screaming as I strangle it for cash. :moneybag:

lol why are you white knighting this MM so hard? I’ve seen men defend their wives less (not ted cruz)

This game has severe issues that require hours of grinding.

Getting to Plat for above average players is the same as grinding a WoW character to 60, it’s that way by design unless you are a masters.

If you are a masters you shouldn’t really talk to anyone about anyting regarding climbing other than maybe making instructional videos because you would have no baseline or experience to give actual advice other than be naturally gifted at OW

I’m lucky enough to be naturally gifted at other things in life, it’s not really something to put over people. That’s just silly

2 Likes

You clearly dont know me well. Lol.

Anyone who does know me knows. I have talked more badly about overwatch’s matchmaker than any other person.

Even in my posts above. I specifically say it needs a complete rework.

I am not naturally gifted at Overwatch. I worked hard to be good at Overwatch. Much like I am not naturally gifted at engineering. I worked hard to become an engineer.

Overwatch has the worst matchmaker than any game I have ever played. If I was in charge of it’s rework it would be in a much better place.

1 Like

Do you really think that Master’s players got to Master’s simply by being “naturally gifted”? They woke up one day and found themselves being Master’s in OW?

2 Likes

I have a question. Why is it whenI had 1442 SR on support and won my next comp game - was a good win too. I got medals including gold and a card at the end, however, my SR did not climb. It stayed right where it was. My very next game I lost, and I lost SR. Of course. Go figure!! I also feel like it’s impossible to climb in this game. I lose more when I lose than I gain when I win and it’s actually very frustrating. How did I not gain any SR in the game that was a clear and good win?