" šŸ isn't ran in the lower ranks."

Not really. Heā€™s always had a higher pickrate in low tiers. Orisa sucks, and Winston isnā€™t good in low to mid tiers. So, Reinhardt is basically guaranteed a slot outside of the handful of maps where Orisa is decent. Itā€™s the same phenomenon, just with viability of his competition factored in.

Stop being pedantic. Dive originally featured Lucio and Zarya, but people understood Dive a year later to mean Mercy and DVa. Metas evolve. GOATS is the same way. Weā€™re aware it originally used Moira. It does not anymore. It still uses a 3-3 with 5/6 of the same heroes revolving more-or-less around the same strategy. By popular definition, GOATS is 3-3 deathball featuring Lucio, Reinhardt, Brigitte, Zarya, DVa, and a flex support spot thatā€™s shifted from Moira to Ana to Zenyatta.

1 Like

The ā€œGOATs heroesā€ make up the majority of the Tank/Support rosters.

Just because youā€™re running Reinhardt and Ana doesnā€™t mean itā€™s GOATs, that could just be part of a standard 2-2-2 comp

8 Likes
  1. That is not absolutely true. Moira and Mercy are not that played in GOATs
  2. 3 of the 7 tanks of the roster are kinda underpowered due to the general meta (not because of GOATs) and not fun to play/not easy to pick up
    5 of the 6 healers are popular. Only Brigitte seems to not be picked a lot, compared to a lot of heroes. In those 5, there are 2 healers that are not part of GOATs

Dude I know youā€™re tired of GOATs, I am too, but you canā€™t just go and say whatever you want to point fingers

4 Likes

Goats, as used on the forum, includes the much more common variant where Zenyatta is used in place of Moira.

The tanks played in Goats are the same tanks played on ladder. Itā€™s Rein and Zarya, or Rein and Dva, 80%+ of the time, even in lower ranks that never run Goats. But yeah, supports are different, Ana is used a ton and isnā€™t in Goats.

1 Like

Yes, but Orisa is ā€œnot enjoyableā€, Roadhog is kinda bad and ā€œnot funnyā€ either, and Hammond is extremely difficult to play. Winston is the most surprising one, but he has never been very popular in lower ranks I believe

Those 3 tanks played in GOATs are the most popular not because of the meta, but because the others are just not played

Also, according to Overbuff, Orisa is kinda popular in bronze and silver. Thatā€™s a big surprise

Sheā€™s combined with Reinhardt a lot for the double barrier comps. Itā€™s hard to beat down there.

1 Like

Yo buddy I think you need to cool off and come back later, youā€™re taking this way too seriously.

Coming from the person whose only counter argument is ā€œYour reading comprehension is badā€.

1 Like

And he currently sits at the top across all tiers, aside from D/M/GM where he falls into the second spot.

Because Rein is superior to her in every way.

And Rein has a bloated pickrate in ladder, far above everyone else.

Ana is creeping up on him, but this is where what you said can be applied, Ana is not that played in GOATS.

Rein is a problem in ladder as well at pro-league. Same with Zarya, Lucio, and Zen.

Thatā€™s my point. People havenā€™t figured that out and are caught up on whether Moira is the main support in GOATS.

And Rein is that General meta. Same for Zarya, Lucio, and Zen.

Rein is a big factor as to why Orisa is in a bad spot.

And Iā€™ve discussed the fatty power that can be snipped away to make this game more healthy, across all tiers.

Iā€™m not. every point in this thread has a given reason to exist. GOATS isnā€™t the meta across all tiers, but Rein, Zarya, Zen, and Lucio are more powerful both in and out of GOATS.

Popularity only applies to Genji and Mercy.

Yeah you should try to read and understand other peopleā€™s statements, because youā€™re just making straight up wrong arguments to support your point

2 Likes

Coming from the same guy who resorted to saying I was bad at statistics.

You didnā€™t start counter arguing me until after you insulted me.

Meanwhile Rich has done this across multiple threads instead of counter arguing against me.

No, Iā€™m just tired of Rich putting on this high and mighty attitude then become a toxic troll.

I am more than willing to bet itā€™s because Iā€™m bringing up Rein nerfs.

Pot, meet kettle.

Your nerf ideas are really bad and not well thought at all tho, not to sound rude

2 Likes

Lmao.

Yes, because heā€™s currently meta in high tiers. But, back during Dive, he still had a high pickrate in low tiers. Heā€™s just the only really viable main tank option down there. Winston isnā€™t good in low SRs. Orisa is good in bunker, but bunker sucks.

Actually, not really. Orisa is leagues better in bunker comps because of her ability to simultaneously attack and defend. The problem is that bunker comps rely on some other very-not-viable heroes to function well (i.e. Bastion and Junkrat), so while sheā€™s easily the best tank for the job, the job is a bad one. Thus, sheā€™s usually a bad pick.

Given that bunker comps suck, your only real option in low tiers is deathball. Which, thatā€™s been the meta down there since likeā€¦ the start of the game, pretty much. Who is the deathball main tank? Reinhardt. If you improved Bastion and Junkrat (more so Bastion) to be reliably viable, Orisa would almost certain overtake Reinhardt as the go-to low-tier tank, since the best way to handle bunker comps is with Dive, which low tiers canā€™t do.

1 Like

Also, OP, youā€™re getting rather toxic. Just FYI. Take a walk and get some ice cream or something and come back.

Because they were. This is not directed at you but directed at your interpretation of the statistics. Attacking the premise of an argument is how you have discussions when you disagree with someone.

YOU chose to take that personally despite it not being an insult. I was just pointing out that the premise of your argument was faulty. If the premise is faulty no one can ignore that.

Its not an insult. Having a bad premise does not make you an idiot. Just misguided. You are taking the debate far to personally. If you cannot take critique of your argument you should refrain from sharing it in a public forum where people will do so.

I told you your interpretation was terrible and then explained very concisely why it was.

But instead of addressing my argument YOU took a non-personal observation of your argument and made it personal by ignoring my very reasonable explanation and telling me I could not read.

Your premise is bad. Time to head back to the drawing board.

3 Likes

There is a flaw in the methodology here though. Youā€™re looking at the most picked heroes in an overall statistic without factoring in the pool of each class. There are 16 DPS characterā€™s while there are only 7 tanks and 6 supports. This lack of choice (especially in low elo where, they might not always know what is ā€œbestā€), inflates the stats if you look at them incorrectly.

This being said when you add up the total number of pick rates for each champions in low elo your breakdown is as follows. I selected bronze for this data set.

DPS: 34.04%
Support: 35.05%
Tank: 30.92%
(there was a round up by .01% so the total comes out to be 100.01% adding the above numbers)

The spread here actually shows there are more people playing DPS than tanks (Which are scarce) and they are selecting too many supports. That being said this is a healthy spread but there is no clear indication that goats is being ran in low elo

Edit: Fixed grammatical issue

5 Likes

Intent is very different from delivery. It most certain did come across as an insult.

My points were tied into that data that I pulled. Sure, the title is clickbait compared to my actual point, but the fact of the matter is that several people, not necessarily directed at you, derailed this thread and completely stepped over my support for my arguments.

May or may not be, but Iā€™ve been at this for far longer than you or anyone realizes. You donā€™t have to agree with my point, but in that case everything that can be said, has been said. Unless you bring new points to the table, I wonā€™t respond.