Is this why I am at trust level 0?

I don’t think that’s it. I can be quite argumentative and blunt, and the only reason I’ve lost my level 3 trust was because I was away for a while and didn’t go on the forums.

1 Like

But how do I know I’m being flagged in order to appeal in the first place? Does the forum warn alert you when you’ve been flagged?

You don’t lose level because of flags, you lose it because of punishments, you get notified if you are punished

Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up for me :slight_smile:

Megathreads are usually about one topic.
Like the Mercy Megathread. Anytime there was a topic about the same Mercy aspect, the board was made part of the megathread.

Personally, I just spend about an hour going through all the boards with about 50+ posts.

Mega threads are just threads with several thousand replies. Since you need to read several thousand posts, they’re ideal for this purpose so you can just leave the computer on and don’t have to actually sit and scroll through the inhumane requirement for level 3.

I linked this before but I’ll link it again:

There’s also the Mercy mega thread, but this thread has gotten so big that the forum tends to bug out when scrolling through and you occasionally need to refresh and start from where you left off:

Then again, that thread has over 20,000 replies. The bastion thread on 5000 is more than enough.

Someone flagging you doesn’t mean that you will automatically get in trouble.
The moderator first has to look at it, and then you will get a punishment if they think if it needs one.

Once that happens, you will get an e-mail saying that you have gotten one, and from there you can send in a ticket asking about it and for more information.

Thanks for your response!

Also, what the heck guys, I just tried using Rico’s checker AGAIN I’M BACK TO 0 TRUST LEVEL???

1 Like

http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=lolojenkins%2311431
I’m getting a 2 :confused:
I don’t think 0 is possible…

Hey thanks for the help! I just checked again, and here’s a link to my trust level 0 report:
h ttp://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=lolojenkins%2314311

You are lolojenkins#11431 in the above link you typed in lolojenkins#14311

Oh my god I am a huge idiot and you are a genius. I also had google autofill so I was repeatedly typing the wrong number in -_- We didn’t even need Nancy Drew for this one I was just being a huge idiot. Thanks for pointing out my mistake :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope that this thread will serve as a cautionary tale regarding jumping to conclusions about forum-wide conspiracies to take down users. Hopefully others will see this and check the details first, rather than jumping in to shoot wildly and asking questions later.

Doubt it, Thrillho. This happens about twice a week.

1 Like

Honestly I was just panicked, not touting conspiracies or accusing RIco’s trust checker of malfunctioning, I just wasn’t sure how the forum trust levels worked v. trust levels.

In my post, I asked a general question about trust levels based on misinformation (my own mistake typing my wrong battletag) and then someone pointed it out for me. I don’t think there’s any need to create drama by spinning this into a “jumping to conclusions and forum wide conspiracies” especially when that’s not what happened here.

I’ll admit I was panicked and frantic when I made this, but I’d been checking (with the incorrect battletag) my trust level for weeks and to see it remain at 0 I was not sure what was going on. Luckily @DeadlyAztec helped point out my mistake. Please don’t derail this thread into something it isn’t.

It’s well known that they form flagging groups to flag people that disagree with them.

That certainly is the truth.

Again, for future reference, it may be best to make sure you’ve entered the correct account identification first before accusing people you’ve argued with on the forum of nefarious behavior.

Please point out where I accused anyone of “nefarious behavior” or touted “conspiracy theories.” I cited above all the instances where I was just asking questions about the forum, how it works, how megathreads work, etc. I’m human, I made a mistake. I inputted the wrong battletag (mixed up 2 numbers, I have a lot of 1’s in my battletag) and Google autofill kept me inputting the wrong number so I didn’t realize what happened. I thought I could have been too boisterous on the forums and wanted to know if flagging affects trust levels. For future reference, I think you should take your own advice and make sure you read the comments and understand the situation before accusing someone of spreading “conspiracy theories” and “jumping in to shoot wildly and asking questions later” (as I posted above, I’d been checking my forum level for 2 weeks before posting this).

Certainly. It is in the section of your OP that you conveniently omitted

And so, to repeat the answer given, your account level is not set to zero because your opinions are too hot to handle and that people are flagging them. In fact, your account level isn’t set to zero at all. It is at level 2. You saw it as zero due to a user error, where you entered an incorrect account identification multiple times.

With this out of the way, I wish you luck, and hopefully more wisdom in the future.