For those seeking more detail about Bastion, then check out this megathread that discusses things like his first-shot bug:
Where did he go? Where is he now?
F-tier, straight after his rework. Funny enough, he’s been there for over a year now, which he only got out of for a week when he became OP. Prior he was also F-tier, but he was at least usable back then.
Wasn’t his rework suppose to fix him and make him better?
I thought that too, but the problems that the rework fixed were either bandaids over a broken bone or created new problems altogether.
The net result of his rework.
- Recon is better
- Healing while moving
- More accurate
Tank is now more fragile than before
- 20% Ironclad only equates to 60-ish HP, and before his rework he would get 150 extra armor.
- Said armor would be applied AS SOON AS he pressed Q, but now IC only gets added after his animation so he’s stuck in a 1.5 second animation (twice) without any protection. I can’t think of any other hero needed protection while ulting.
- He’s basically old Hog’s self heal when it locked him in place, and Hog then needed the mobility AND the 50% DR. Bastion is suffering like Hog used to.
Sentry was suppose to trade DPS for sustainability, but now it’s gutted.
- Headshot removal and extra spread were given in exchange for 35% Ironclad, but everyone, including me, realized that was a bad idea.
- 35% IC was then nerfed to 20% without any compensation.
- This turned him from a Glass Cannon into a Glass Pea Shooter.
- 20% IC only equates to 60 HP, so his TTK (Time To Kill) being gutted was for nothing, when he only got 60 more HP in return.
- Recon is not suppose to be his primary mode since if you want to recon, you’re better off playing Soldier 76, since he has smaller hitbox, more mobility, more reliable healing, and burst damage.
- Tank bugs still exist.
- His tank-tread sound is louder than the air raid sirens during WW2, which was added during uprising and gave his ult a free “avoid me” feature.
- Still no gold tank cannon (But Genji has a gold melee knife).
Why does no one care about him.
I think it’s partly because of Pirate Ship, aka his only relevancy. The other half was because people still have PTSD from his rework that invented the OG Pirate Ship… aka Protect the President.
Ever since his niche became ‘barrier busting’ he has fallen behind, because before his rework he was a tank counter. Currently, he sucks at his job and that’s because he can’t punish (TTK was lowered) but in return gets punished for anything he does.
Why his niche is trash.
- Orisa has hers on such a low CD (which promotes the Pirate Ship)
- Rein has enough counters already
- Dive can literally jump right past any barrier, making Bastion’s existence null.
- Every hero counters Bastion aside from Winston since his damage is so low.
- I’ve even done it as Mercy, and before you say “well the enemy Bastion was bad” just note than when you’re jumping around him it’s hard for him to track, on top of his TTK being gutted then being slapped with 60 extra HP that does nothing for him.
What I want from him:
Either a rework listed in this megathread about Bastion:
Or simple fixes that evens out his TTK with his survivability. SInce 35% IC was proven to be a bad idea, he needs his TTK buffed.
The TL;DR of it:
- Less spread in Sentry.
- Headshots allowed in Sentry.
- 30-35% IC on tank (this would be fine as his ult only lasts 8 seconds)
- First shot bug fixed
- IC is applied BEFORE he transforms, not after, like how old armor used to work
- Golden Tank Cannon
That is what I consider to be fine for him to not suck, but ideally I’d want a whole revert for Bastion where he was at before his rework, since he was fine back then. Since Blizzard doesn’t do reverts, Can they please look into the stuff I suggested above?
I’ve waited patently for him to be fixed, but with each passing Bastion thread he gets no acknowledgement and he’s actually the worst hero in OW at the moment, since Mei is technically better than him.
The fact that the ‘F-tier Warriors’ didn’t advocate for Bastion buffs only proves that he has been forgotten by everybody. It’s time for Bastion buffs, because those who play him, like me, have gotten tired of how poorly he plays out, and feel severely limited by him to the point that picking him is irrelevant, or if you do pick him that his kit works against you and it leads to frustration.
The main crux of his problem was that his rework brough in elements that were unnecessary for him, made him OP, and Blizzard reacted with nerfs a week after his rework so NO data was collected and said nerfs completely changed how he plays out now. Neither Mercy, Dva, or now Sombra had to deal with these gut reactions that crippled him.
The biggest problem currently is how low his TTK is. Ironclad was nerfed but his damage was not adjusted. The mutual agreement was Bastion traded sentry damage for sentry survivability. When his survivability got gutted his damage is still at the rework level, and it severly limits how good he is at any type of combat.
Then as a final note, BASTION IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE PLAYED IN RECON MODE. THAT IS LITERALLY WHAT SOLDIER IS DESIGNED TO DO. BASTION IS BUILT AROUND SENTRY AND SUGGESTING THAT I SHOULD PLAY HIM IN RECON IS JUST IGNORANT SINCE THE PEOPLE SUGGESTING THIS HAVE A JOKE OF PLAYTIME ON HIM.
Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/