Is this game still "dying"?

While I can definately see a decline in players, it isn’t a game thaf’s exactly “dying”. People tend to exaggerate and if the playerbase drops by 0.0000005%, people will blow it out of proportion and claim the games is doomed and “dead”.

So no, I don’t think it’a dying. Player nunbers are certainly lower than lauch, (but it happens to every game) but it’s not dead.

I argue what keeps OW alive is the lore. A lot of us are still here because we like the characters and the story. The game isn’t bad, but with the story it’s just better.

I hope for a movie or at least some netflix type show for overwatch some day but yea… We’ll see lol.

The game has boiled down into those who truly enjoy what it offers and a few new players being pulled in by those player’s enthusiasm and love for the game. (oh and a few smurfs who just like to see the world burn. <.<). But the hype is long gone and the newness has dulled for sure.

IMO not dead, just aging. Bliz is good at keeping Methuselah aged games going on and on so don’t expect the reaper to come calling just yet.

Rubbish. What’s with people who are addicted to doomsday proclamations and negative vibes? Makes you feel better about your own miserable lives?

This is also something remarkable. Overwatch is pretty much a laughing stock nowadays in the general gaming communuty. It is sad, really, but it obviously didn’t come from nowhere.

All the people of note that are the media people for the game still have not come back. It’s just the whales making noise now

What is so rubbish about it? What did happened for the last 2 years? Recycled events and now even the Archives is getting recycled. The balance has been a main issue for all 3 years.

This game has nothing to hold. It doesn’t even have a progression system.
Nothing to do here. It is just an unbalanced frustrating mess to play.

That’s when I stopped playing regularly and, to be honest, I’ve yet to see anything that would give me cause to consider returning to the game in any meaningful way.

For starters, you said the game was dead. Dead, not dying. Second, calling a game “dying” for dropping down from a very high peak is misleading hyperbolic jive. And I agree with your specific criticisms, for the most part.

If by “dying” you mean being unable to get into a match during peak gaming hours, certain Arcade modes appear to be dead in Australia (queuing for over half an hour without a match).

At least QP and event modes still have queue times below 5 minutes.

I’m confused as to why you’re happy about that but also continue to play the game? If you want it to die, do your part and quit.

I would not mind if it did I only play the special events. Unbalanced crap what this game is. I’m on Paladins now and only play this once in a while. Anniversary is coming up so I’ll see how that is.

I feel like I am over it :frowning: - apparent " hardcore fan" - I moved to Mordhau ;p