Is this game still "dying"?

Like, I really wish I had 11 friends that were all roughly my skill level and liked playing the game when and as often as I could - I’m sure we all would like that. But it’s just unrealistic, that’s why we should, as general players, expect Blizzard to allow us to log in and have that experience generated for us. Unfortunately no one really seems to get to play Overwatch anymore.

Still is. Its better, but not remotely close to being considered alive yet.

OWL is the only thing really prolonging its lifespan

Season 10 (the launch of Brig) is the closest this game came to “dying.” All is well, queue times are low, and OW continues to thrive.

All of the people it keeps queueing me with say no. The daily active user base might be declining, but that’s the case for every game ever after it’s been out for a while. I still have less than a minute queues for quickplay and 1-3 minute queues for comp in GM and high masters on PS4, which has fewer players than PC as a platform and far fewer players at that rank than in mid ranks. If I’m still getting games all the time, everyone on NA servers should be, especially on PC.

The game will never be as popular as it was again.The people who follow it will follow it to its grave. The game will continue to gain new players who play until level 60ish before they quit.

It’s place as a popular game is gone for good.

If they FINALLY release other big things and secret things they have, probably they can revitilize the game completely.
But they should hurry up

What is dead may never die!

1 Like

Game dying? Nah

Game hype over? Yeah

1 Like

You create a game and at the very top tier only 7 heroes are used, out of 30.

Would you say that is a success?

1 Like

It depends on the game and the heroes. In this case, nah. But it COULD be successful.

during archives I was worried since queue times where reaching the 1 minute margin but now that it’s over its back to 5-10 second queues :blush:

Competitive is dying to me, and I’ve been playing since season 3 across multiple accounts. I only did placements for 2 accounts, and only played a few games after to stop my main from decaying, but tbh I don’t care anymore. It’s not fun.

I prefer the archive events. They should keep those modes open all year round.

I agree pve content would be nice. Competitve is a joke I’m not going to say im in the wrong rank but when the matches consistently feel bad there is something wrong.

My placement matches feel better than the ranked matches I get after placing I have no clue how to cooperate with people without them being arrogant and toxic to me.

Matches should be cancelled whenever there is a thrower throwers have a 3 strike or less chances to repent before they are banned from competitive for years. SR needs to be a flat amount so you if you lose then win you are back to where you were previously instead of a few points shorter than you were before.

Sr needs to be wiped every so often to allow players the chance to form teams and rank together with their friends instead of trying to become a solo queue pub stomper in a game about team work. Alternatively they could make it so that if you do placements together then your SR ratings should be within range of each other.

1 Like

The game is fine.

It’s the forums that are a stinking pit of toxic sludge and should die.

The game has been on a stagnation for quite some time, even with the attempt of using events as an incentive.
Blizzard never releases their player count on their games except quarterly reports, but judging by the longer queue times experienced (especially in the EU zone), it is confident to say that many people are getting tired.
In my personal opinion, the game as a concept is not the reasoning, but I believe many people feel neglected by Blizzard due to their bizarre changes, and resource pushing into the e-sports team.

The hardcore fans have, and always will, stay. Though, due to the position of both balancing and content, it is clear that Blizzard are catering towards hardcore and professional players, rather than the casual and new ones.

Overall player count is consistent since there are many smurfs, but in terms of new players? For sure.

The game is more frustrating to play, rather than a source of enjoyment, at least in my opinion.

It is delusional to say that the game is “doing fine” when it is clear that there is a stagnation in the audience, but saying the game is “dying” is a little bit of a stretch. It will “die” if they don’t buckle up, though.

1 Like

I got the game when it released and played for 2 years then took a break and now I’m back. So if there are others like me Im sure the playerbase is fine.

Its mostly dead. I have far quicker ques in paladins competitive. QP average que for overwatch, 5-8 mins and is usually backfill.
QP que for paladins, 30 seconds- 1min, back fill does not exist.

Competitive que for overwatch, 8-12 mins.
For paladins, 2-3 mins.

Que for left 4 dead 2, a 10 year old game. 12 seconds. Max…

This game is dead because of how long it takes for content and changes to come about.

1 Like

Think it’s just stagnant. Nothing to HUGE has happened. Bap’s addition didn’t do much to shake up things same with the balance patches. So could just be that, it’s currently at a plateau.

No, Arthas is on the Frozen Dev Throne.

It will die for many years in blizzard pace.

Just like WoW. Look at BFA, it’s disgusting and everyone hate it. But they still support it.