Is the report system broken?... no warnings

Some had 90 days, but it came to knowledge that even small banter words like cry baby can grant a silence on your account because you harassed a player. Most likely the player that does the reporting are usually emotional or exploiting the feature to see if it gets the job done a.k.a taking advantage of a faulty system.

Bans stacks up and game masters gets less impatience with their penalty user. They won’t talk to them, but rather have them stay quiet. Less hassle the better.

To have been subject to a silenced account and xp penalty I can tell you that sometimes the warning never pops up on the screen to tell you you’re close to getting punished.

Thats messed up.

I like “avoid player” better, but wish they were permantly out of your game if you avoided them. Otherwise they can still talk trash, but the idea of “avoid player” is more solid, and less broken than the report system. I like the idea of walking away better.

Reporting System should meet basic needs and very acceptable ones. Like a hacker, or death threats, or severe toxic players, not basic video game players who talk trash normally.

as youve already admitted your toxicity in game, you know when you are toxic and you choose to act accordingly. thats your warning.

No, thats just your excuse for trying to defend a poorly done report system

A fair warning, similar to a cop who sees you have no record not giving you a ticket telling you to just take it slow or how in other games give you warnings so you can get a hint is fair. I’ve seen examples of people with extremely punishable actions not get punished… and i’ve seen examples of people with no reason or minimal actions getting punished.

Its a video game, not Disney trying to tell you to cover your ears / eyes for your children.

1 Like

Old Blizzard never implemented silences as warning. That’s the new obscene policy. Old Blizzard tells you what you wrote without applying a ban / mute.

whats “Old Blizzard”

(I only played Overwatch from this company).

the report system is an automated joke, it works via highlighting certain keywords. If your reports are found not worthwhile continuously , your reports are essentially ignored.

So for example, if you get enough people reporting you with keywords strung together like “toxic” or “offensive” etc, you’re more likely to be muted or banned. So if you’re playing against people who know how to game the system, you’re more likely to be banned.

They’ve implemented a lazy fix to this, in that there’s certain keywords like “torbjorn” that will just automatically throw out your reports so to cut down on main shaming stuff, but it’s a really poorly done pile of crap.

In short, they don’t care if they actually do something to combat terrible players, they just want to look like they do, so we have no way of knowing whether your mute was warranted or not.

2 Likes

Old blizzard ruling before Overwatch came out you had reasonable game masters that will talk to you. They will uplift penalties because they know how crazy pvp games can get. Only WoW and Hots still carries the old torch of old blizzard policy under the new one that Overwatch worships.

1 Like

That sounds decent compared to my awful experience in OW.

Like during that time I went to contact some of the technical support people via web ticket, and I specifically asked them “Can you give me an example of how I was being toxic from my account” and they literally couldnt give me one. I contacted multiple times.

All they had to say was something along the lines of “our data shows you have right to be punished” blah blah blah.

Like I wanted the exact reasons for why, and they wouldnt show me my own accounts problems. They said if I contact them again about the issue it will be ignored basically… they marked it as resolved web ticket, when it wasnt.

Automated ban/silence systems are too easily abused, especially by groups of trolls.

4 Likes

Can I borrow your quote so Jeff and others know their system is not working. The game masters aren’t friendly.

I also think so , i got suspended and i have a good feeling it was cus i was playing alot of Symmetra. So i took alot of pictures where people where saying they reported me for playing Symmetra,i even sent in picture of people saying they hope i die or get killed.

And yea, those guys who said all these bad stuff. Still have not gotten a “thank you for the report”

this is the response i got from blizzard: Following a review of your case, we can confirm that the evidence presented was correct and that the subsequent action taken was appropriate. Our decision in this matter stands and will not be overturned.

2 Likes

Sure, if the intention is to fix the report system for the basics of what it should do.

This has to be officially the spammed robot message they are forced to send.

I got that exact same message.

I specifically asked them to show me proof in instances I was being “toxic” and they couldn’t deliver, and spammed me with that stiff robot message. Contacted them a few times as well to make sure.

A good poster with good insights said this.

2 Likes

Sigh,

Why do the simple things in life that seem like common sense and some basic logic are overlooked and missed. Do the developers lack the sense with the reporting system, or are they just too busy with other projects they are unaware or purposefully skip the reporting system not caring.

They seem to point fingers at us saying we are toxic, when infact their reporting system, and their company just sucks and they are to blame.

They simply don’t care. You can get ban for a hero they created for this game because they support troll reports. If they truly care then responses would be another way, but they don’t. It’s a cash grab game for newcomers.

1 Like

I think that has happened to the modern day video game industry in general sense really.

Its become more about profit and self-intrest rather than good content and good ideas within a video game. I’ve been noticing a lot of video games back then had the spark, & the companies were invested in getting the game right to perfection.

Modern day video games turn into self-intrest and profit. Releasing broken games without a care for the community.

1 Like

Once the government / corporation puts their foot in. It’s only going to get worst and expect less in return. Indie games the only good ones left.

Yeah that sucks man.

PC master race my ***. You pay a lot to make the gaming PC setup, you go out of your way to buy the game, then the DLC or premium content, even further your giving free feedback, or modding the game working for the developers for free fixing their own broken half-finished game.

Its so stupid.

I think that the gaming industry had that momentum when it was starting out. People were getting their ideas right, and trying to really make some quality video games with a lot of depth to them. Now its more about stealing cash releasing half finished games only caring about the money, and not even giving care to the community.

1 Like