Is teabaging considered violation of conduct?

I’m not asking you to give a detailed description of what raping a corpse looks like. There, I said it (again). The gesture is a crude simulation of raping a corpse. You seem to understand the physical action involved and how it relates to the name. You seem to understand that everyone but you is aware of and admits to the meaning of the gesture. You seem to understand that language is driven by consensus understanding of abstract symbology, such as words or gestures. So what is so special about this one isolated case? Why in this case does shared meaning, popularly agreed upon, not mean anything? Why does the name and the clear implication in this one case not apply in any way to the intent behind the gesture? What is so magical about this one thing?

Maybe the fact that it’s an entirely stand alone gesture, that really doesn’t resemble what you want it to, Unless you Make it Resemble that.

Soldier 76 still does pushups.

Hell, Roadhog says THIS:
https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/8/8d/Roadhog_-_I'm_Gonna'_Make_You_Squeal.mp3

And we’re here complaining about Crouching?

Anything taken completely out of Context, can be seen in any light you show it in.

I’m glad you brought up context. The gesture in question has a long history in gaming. A guy doing pushups somewhere does not have such a context. Roadhog’s quote is creepy to be sure, but it also does not have such a context.

Maybe you’ve never heard of the gesture before, but, again, it has a long history in gaming culture, going back at least as far as Halo in 2001. The meaning of the gesture has, as other posters have observed, been firmly established since then, to the point of being as “literal” as a gesture can be. If a middle finger means “F you”, the gesture in question means “I am raping your corpse to humiliate you.”

No one is taking the gesture “out of context”. In fact the context is what makes its meaning crystal clear.

immature? sure. reportable? no, save the reports for the important crimes.

I am quite aware of it’s history… As i am of why someone would “Squeal”
Or laying down and moving back up, then down again.
(Repeatedly)

All have context.

If you choose for them to.

One may have a History of memes, but… It’s still just crouching.

If anyone is offended by the gesture to the point where they think it should be a ban-able offense should have their internet privileges stripped from them. Yeah, it’s sort-of rude; so what? Git gud and do it back.

I miss the years before 2015 before all these safe-space, freak-show millenials popped around.

That’s pretty ironic, tea bagging is anything but mature.

What’s more to the point, if you don’t space it out the forums censor it.

So we’re back to this. “Nothing means anything unless I elect to dream it that way.” This is Bush-Cheney “we create our own reality” levels of pants-on-head foolishness. If this is your position, you must logically also agree that words have no meaning either except for what you choose to hear. I don’t think you want to go down that road.

Only intellectuals with get the high humor of tea bagging.

So long as toxicity is reportable, I will always report tea baggers alongside people who call their teammates names and gloat over a victory to the other team.

1 Like

Words have a structure meant only to convey meaning, Gestures (Especially simple movements) Are subjective, as something like Literally crouching down Is a gameplay mechanic, based on tactical training/positioning.

One is implied, while the other is Directly intentional.

You simply CANNOT Compare spoken insults (especially long held VERY Insulting phrases) To physical movements with implied Meaning, Because someone once made it into a joke.

tbagging is a reportable offense according to Blizzards own Code of Conduct. You can argue it all you want but

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others enjoyment is unacceptable.

If someone doesn’t enjoy getting tbagged then they have every right to report you as it will be justified. Because no matter how hard you try to argue you cannot argue how others perceive your actions.

1 Like

I don’t enjoy the base skins.

BY THIS QUOTE, I CAN REPORT FOR THE USE OF BASE SKINS.

I don’t care if you don’t have any new ones… It “Detracts from my enjoyment”/s

This game has bigger issues than t-bagging

4 Likes

yes, you can report for that and since no reports are actually investigated they get a mark against their account

You guys wanted a safe, toxic free environment. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

YOU CAN REPORT ANYONE FOR ANYTHING WITHOUT REPRECUSSION

Do you guys actually believe blizzard support goes through the reports and sees who is doing what for every game?

1 Like

You… do understand that false reports actually only harm You in the long run? Right?

you do understand in the “my feelings” environment blizzard created due to children calling children bad names that no report is false because it is against the code of conduct to hurt someones feelings.

You know what’s really, really, really sad?
You’re 100% correct. This is it. This is how far Blizzard has fallen.

look at quitters and throwers
Do they hurt your enjoyment of the game?

There is a reason they are quitting and throwing. We should not report these guys either then just because it upsets you.

maybe you are hurting their enjoyment of the game and instead of reporting you they just quit or throw instead of reporting you

Maybe we should just report Ourselves… For playing this game, and detracting from our own enjoyment… :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes