Is Soldier76 overtuned?

I actually feel the same way, which is why he feels bad to play against whenever he’s on top. Because in order for that to happen, either a team really needs to work around his healing station (LOL) or his damage and mobility is so high it’s worth sacrificing utility that acts as a force multiplier for the team. Genji suffers from the same problem, although he isn’t as generic as Soldier.

I’d like to see them get something that helps give them a more solidified thing for teammates to capitalize on.

1 Like

That’s literally the kind of thing the OP is asking for though (and is a verbatim suggestion), stuff in that ballpark. They didn’t use the term “OP,” but rather they said “overtuned,” which generally indicates the person doesn’t think he’s far off from balanced but may be a tiny bit too powerful.

The OP clearly doesn’t know what will dumpster him or not but maintains he feels healthy and they want something small, so let’s argue in good faith.

3 Likes

I’m interested to know why winrate doesn’t matter - the maths behind it. I know it can be badly skewed for different pick rates but when the pick rates are similar then why is winrate still not a valid measure? Especially when there is such a big difference as there is with Mcree vs. Soldier. I really am interested to know.

1 Like

Because GM Tracers and GM Ball players exist, and would running around unstoppable without players switching to McCree to try to contain them. Not 100% stop them but to try to contain them.
There are no other options against GM Tracers and GM Ball players.

Because to the “popular means OP” crowd, winrates go against the narratives they are trying to push. So now they are saying that it’s bugged lol. And of coarse pickrates isn’t bugged and it’s the end all of stats to show a hero’s power.

Like I said before
“McDonals is a way better restaurant and has better food than a local steak house because McDonald’s is way more popular.”

This is exactly how insane the “popularity is bad” crowd’s reasoning sounds. Ignoring everything but popularity because it fits their agenda.

This has been said before, remember with sigma ball meta?
“He’s only meta because ball and tracer are”
Rush becomes meta… (Reapers the least picked hero in the game)

Still meta…

Heck he even saw play during double shield with his machine gun.

I mean im happy to wait and see once hopefully we see nerfs for these heroes. But I’m not crossing my fingers.

Also keep in mind d.va is being played rn, who counters cassidy.

1 Like

Well the short version is that if McCree can previously have a near 100% pickrate in GM, but still have a negative winrate. Then something is wrong.

The simple answer, people like playing him.
This is an fps shooter. Hitscans will always be amongst the most popular heroes. That will never go away.

Just like no matter how bad or good Mercy or Sym are , you’ll still have people 1 tricking those heroes religiously.

I’m not falling for that excuse again. That’s exactly what people said with OP genji “he was just popular!”. Nonsense. People pick the best heroes in GM, That’s why orisa had 100% pickrate at one point. No one wanted to be stuck in orisa jail, she was just simply the best pick by a significant margin.

3 Likes

Seriously, his pick rate is driven by flankers pick rates.

I didn’t even have to look at hero lab to know that Tracer was going to be WAY WAY up there.

The big surprise is S76 who isn’t has roughly the same pick rate, and 4% high win rate.

When Brig was nerfed down, Tracer because a massive pick, and so did McCree.

Tracer wasn’t fixed, and so, McCree will remain up there. I mean, who the hell else are you going to run vs her?

You want McCree out of Gm? Fix Tracer.

4 Likes

I mean, if they get rid of Tracer in GM, then you’d just have more “Defence Spam” comps like DoubleBarrier dominating the game.

It’s better to have an assassin hero that can bypass excessive layers of defence, and still get a kill, and then get out alive.

OW2 though, that should be interesting what they do to keep Tracer from being too crazy good. 125hp Tracer maybe?

This is a back and forth argument that can last till the end of time.
If it wasn’t for the constant crying on the forums, Blizzard would balance the game way differently.

Just like the recent exp patch that didn’t go through. Obviously Bliz saw McCree was struggling (based on internal stats), and made some changes to help him.
If they thought he was fine they wouldn’t have tried to tweak him.
The changes didn’t go though because of the whining and crying on the forums.

The thing is balance is different for everyone.
But some rely on feelings and what feels unfun to them when determining what heroes are OP. Especially if they see then in their games a lot.

That’s why I usually try to divert vague balance conversations to what I mean by balance, I.e. “Higher amount of hero usage variety within a targeted ELO range”

The problem that will never go away is that everyone has a vision in their heads as to what type of game OW should be and how it should play.
And this goes along with the heroes as well.

That is why I’m glad Blizzard has chosen a direction for the has going forward.
But the problem is a certain crowd (especially in these forums), that wants the opposite of that direction.
And it’s reflected with the constant nerf DPS heroes threads, and buff supports and tanks/shields threads.
Like if they still don’t get it and Blizzards words are falling on deaf ears.

1 Like

I think they will get a blink less.

I’m actually leaning towards Recall only recovering a maximum of 75hp.

Instead of theoretically up to 149hp recovered.

Or maybe they just average the difference between previous hp and current hp.

Immortality Field works as a semi-useful counter to Minefield. It’s not perfect, but it also serves a useful counterplay to post-Piledriver follow-ups.

Realistically; Minefield would be dropped, and then Wrecking Ball would utilize Grappling Hook to bump and displace opponents into the mines to eliminate them, Immortality Field can be a little less successful here, but at other times, can still prevent some death or focus-fire.

And granted, Baptiste is better at counterplay with other heroes than specifically with Wrecking Ball. It’s not really an on-or-off switch kind of thing.

1 Like

He is not overtuned at all.
The only time he looks remotely like that is when the enemy doesnt pay attention to him and the player using him is EXTREMELY good.

Outside of that, Mcree is still equal or better.

Soldier needs a complete revert to 19 damage

3 Likes

Not worth mentioning it to a guy who still calls Cassidy his old name and apparently replies to people he has set to “ignore” on the general forums.

1 Like

Yeah but what is your definition of terrible? Considering you’re a Cassidy player who says he’s bad I’m guessing your idea of terrible is “literally everyone who isn’t the most picked dps”.

1 Like