Is saying "ez" after a game punishable?

I’ve heard pretty conflicting responses so I’m wondering if anyone where knows the answer.

Yes, it is toxic. Don’t bother saying it in match.

38 Likes

Its probably reportable, yes, but Im sure enough people care about it to have those reports do anything.

Yes…it is considered poor sportsmanship.

16 Likes

Is it actually reportable though or is that just your personal bias?

It is reportable. Yerp.

4 Likes

It’s a taunt, so yeah it’s rude.

6 Likes

Offense is taken, not given.

You can threaten someone like “hey buddy you better quit or I’m gonna hurt you…” and get two completely different reactions:

“wow is that a physical threat? I’m gonna report you, you can’t do that”

-or-

“heh heh don’t threaten me with a good time big boy” and completely diffuse the situation.

You’re in control of your response. If it offends you, then sure, go ahead and report… that’s what reporting is there for. But you could also simply mute and move on and forget about it. Up to you.

11 Likes

Reportable yes, but I don’t take offense in it.
I just find it quite immature.

4 Likes

This is his personal bias. You won’t find list of reportable things by Blizzard. If you want to report someone for picking wrong hero you are free to do so along with consequences.

It is most definitely punishable. Considering the devs have gone so far as to make the phrase it used to be most included in actually filtered into another random phrase generator entirely I’d say they also do not approve.

Don’t be surprised if you’re silenced/banned if you continue to use it. Consider this you being informed.

2 Likes

To, as a winner, type “EZ” after a game is taunting, and bad form.
Seriously.
The only people that feel the need to do that are in order: 8 year olds…

…Well that’s a short list, but yeah. If you are 8 years old you’re forgiven to be a bit of a jerk, but your mom really should talk to you. If you’re mentally 8 years old then I feel sorry for you for being such a child. I would not report you, but I would consider it proof that you’re a pathetic loser.

19 Likes

Pesonal bias is the definition of Overwatch report system. Want to report someone for “gg” after onesided stomp? You are free to do so. Want to report someone for “ez”? Sure. Reporting for picking “wrong” hero in your opinion? Of course you can. Reporting because healer gives not enough attention to you? Yeah.

3 Likes

Its an insult.

So yes. Its reportable.

It baffles me when i see people defend this. Oh boo hoo youre being a sensitive snowflake. How about you dont get butt hurt over the fact that people dont like to be insulted, stop insulting them, and learn to be a decent individual? or simply accept the fact that people will report you for being a knob and its you that shouldnt whine about being punished for being said knob.

16 Likes

Again, if you feel saying “EZ” (or “LOL EZ” to the losing time as a member of the winning team, you are very immature and pathetic.

2 Likes

And I agree. In fact, part of the problem is, people would rather argue with 8 year old’s than mute and forget about it.

It’s like… why are you trying to prove yourself to a stranger that’ll never care? Take your ego out of it and just have fun with the game. If people annoy you, you can essentially remove them from your life with the mute button and be done.

But instead, people go into battle mode like “how dare this person talk to me like that!!! they must not know who I am?! (like it matters) I must defend myself” while in the process they just make things worse while the troll gets a kick out of it lol

I don’t say it, but to take it as an insult is equally pathetic.

2 Likes

Nah, you just defend people insulting strangers to increase their ego.

5 Likes

Maybe it’s because i’m from another time, but i don’t see any harm in banter.
I don’t understand why people are putting such much weight behind others saying ‘‘EZ’’

I don’t see it as an insult. I see it as just banter. (similar to crouch spamming)
Do i think it’s immature? Yes. But i think it’s equally immature to behave like the world is ending just because someone said beating you was easy.

2 Likes

Well, me, personally, I’m indifferent to the insult. I know my level. I just want to get rid of toxic people, so I report the ezes, each one of them.

3 Likes