Is mass res still gone?

Mercy was at the height of her power after the removal of mass Rez lol, she’s in a pretty balanced state now though, her ult is just boring.

She’s in a state where she might be balanced but there’s many around various social media who are still unsatisfied with the way her kit is organised. She’s also suffered many consecutive nerfs, putting her in a position where she appears to be between main healer and off-healer but not primarily one of them. She’s great as an enabler and for quick mobility but beyond that she’s a mess and her ‘on fire’ is a fairly accurate representation of that. I’d honestly practice Moira or Ana more, you can deliver more for your team with those heroes than you can with Mercy (unless you can rely on those who you enable as Mercy to deliver, but it’s not that engaging or fun in my opinion).

Singelres is just better gameplay, hiding for a big mass ress wasn’t a good design choice.

I gues the singel Heal nerf breaked her down, also getting a singel res is now much harder.

Damn. I’m clearly out of the loop. When did this happen?

4 Likes

There are people who still feel this way?

I figured common sense would have reached everyone by now!

But no, in comps with DPS, Mercy is still a very strong main healer, and will probably be meta again when GOATS goes away.

4 Likes

It didn’t, but the game play around her is pretty bad.

If you are talking about being able to save your teammates, then yes, I feel that way. With 60 hps, you usually could keep them upright enough to get them to cover. Now, I put the beam on someone and watch them die.

Brigitte is the queen of keeping people alive (weirdly enough) - if 150 hp of burst healing doesn’t keep them alive, then they were always going to die.

If you are talking about nerfed into the ground, then no, I think they sacrificed her basic kit to keep Valk strong.

I don’t like how she plays at all, but I don’t think she is under powered.

1 Like

If mass rez is still gone, will you be too?

Mass rez is still gone, and that’s ok… I am personally wondering how Valkyrie still exists and why there are those who enjoy it as an ultimate. Personally I am quite upset over an ultimate that takes away the need for skill for over 10% of your total playtime…

2 Likes

she’s not nerfed into the ground lol

Why… why would you start this thread? To what purpose?

Mercy is still the same bland, vanilla, co-dependent, bloodless, thrill-killer she has been for over a year, and now with the added bonus of doing 10hps less.

Basically spectator mode with beams.

2 Likes

Only in high tiers where the dps actualy hit targets, make an effort to avoid damage so as only requiring heath top ups and are willing to peel for the healer. Also in lower ranks tanks are now scarce (no one wnt’t to play them) and with numerous buffs to every dps under the sun that makes it a lot harder to res and stay alive and heal for that matter at 50hps.

Oh and only in high tiers where your 5 man dps unit is not feeding the enemy bastion / phara

Mercy has been reworked to have Rez on E, and Valkyrie as her new ultimate. She still retians the nerfs she’s had since the Moth meta, with a few reverts to her healing and some minor QOL fixes such as the lowered cast on rez while using her ultimate.

Mass rez does exist in the Workshop however, thanks to the creativity of the community, and even making their own tweaked versions of the hero. I’m even working on a build of Mass Rez with tweaks as we speak. It’s ever evolving and improving, and you are free to play with the builds at your leisure. :slight_smile: Many people have been playing custom made Mass Rez versions of Mercy on PTR, and you can easily find examples of the amazing things they’ve made on social media / youtube / etc.

So in short, is Mass Rez still gone? In terms of the main game modes (QP/Comp/etc.) I’d say it is for the moment. In general however, no. It still lives on and has become quite popular in the workshop scene. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

Yes, and it most likely always will be gone.
Adapt, or, you know, play other games.

Also, Mercy wasn’t nerfed to the ground. She’s a viable and pretty balanced hero atm.

2 Likes

compared to her old op state and the other main healers, she is nerfed to the ground. She’s still viable in DPS comps but otherwise you should just pick Ana instead.

1 Like

Mercy is balanced, and Mass Rez will never be a part of the core game again. Maybe when workshop hits live you can give that a try.

She isn’t nerfed to death, she was nerfed to be at the same level as other heroes and have a niche, just like the rest. She just isn’t a must pick or OP again.

1 Like

She still has an ultimate which has no practical effect other than removing her skill requirement, and her actual ultimate on E, if that’s the question.

1 Like

It’s gone for good, but the people in workshop are bringing it back for customs.

1 Like

I find her ultimate to be very effective, personally, and I find it to be one of the strongest on the game as well as arguably the very most versatile of all the ults

Factually, her ultimate is Valkyrie, which is only on E if you remap the keys

E is set by default to rez, which is a cooldown ability, not an ultimate

1 Like

or at least, something similar to it, if not the same exact ability…