Is mass res still gone?

Was thinking about playing again. Its been awhile, just wondering if Mercy is still nerfed to the ground.

Thanks

4 Likes

She’s pretty balanced right now, but she doesn’t have mass resurrect. She’s not getting that back.

43 Likes

To answer your question, yes.

So you actually believe she was stronger before?

1 Like

On Ladder, the game has shifted a lot more towards DPS usage, which favors Mercy.

That said she could get some minor buffs which would make her more enjoyable.

i.e.

1. Faster weapon switch speed
  2. Continue healing during Valk activation
6 Likes

Yes mass rez is still gone but mercy is still viable, balanced, and has her place in the game, don’t listen to the salty one tricks

She’s pretty good rn. Still outclassed by most of the tank supports but useable since people on ladder favor playing DPS over tanks for the most part.

1 Like

Mass rez is still gone, Mercy is still nerfed into the ground.

GA is still as fun as ever to use, but everything else about Mercy has fallen so far that she doesn’t even qualify as a main healer anymore. She’s an off-healer to Ana/Moira/Batiste these days.

If you want to be able to save teammates, Mercy’s not ya girl. She hasn’t been for a long time.

6 Likes

she’ll be staying that way for a long time. Blizz has to give the other main healers a moment in the spotlight

Once the new Workshop mode comes out you could create a Mass Rez mechanic on your own.

1 Like

Yeah, she still has rez ability.

Mercy was at the height of her power after the removal of mass Rez lol, she’s in a pretty balanced state now though, her ult is just boring.

She’s in a state where she might be balanced but there’s many around various social media who are still unsatisfied with the way her kit is organised. She’s also suffered many consecutive nerfs, putting her in a position where she appears to be between main healer and off-healer but not primarily one of them. She’s great as an enabler and for quick mobility but beyond that she’s a mess and her ‘on fire’ is a fairly accurate representation of that. I’d honestly practice Moira or Ana more, you can deliver more for your team with those heroes than you can with Mercy (unless you can rely on those who you enable as Mercy to deliver, but it’s not that engaging or fun in my opinion).

Singelres is just better gameplay, hiding for a big mass ress wasn’t a good design choice.

I gues the singel Heal nerf breaked her down, also getting a singel res is now much harder.

Damn. I’m clearly out of the loop. When did this happen?

4 Likes

There are people who still feel this way?

I figured common sense would have reached everyone by now!

But no, in comps with DPS, Mercy is still a very strong main healer, and will probably be meta again when GOATS goes away.

4 Likes

It didn’t, but the game play around her is pretty bad.

If you are talking about being able to save your teammates, then yes, I feel that way. With 60 hps, you usually could keep them upright enough to get them to cover. Now, I put the beam on someone and watch them die.

Brigitte is the queen of keeping people alive (weirdly enough) - if 150 hp of burst healing doesn’t keep them alive, then they were always going to die.

If you are talking about nerfed into the ground, then no, I think they sacrificed her basic kit to keep Valk strong.

I don’t like how she plays at all, but I don’t think she is under powered.

1 Like

If mass rez is still gone, will you be too?

Mass rez is still gone, and that’s ok… I am personally wondering how Valkyrie still exists and why there are those who enjoy it as an ultimate. Personally I am quite upset over an ultimate that takes away the need for skill for over 10% of your total playtime…

2 Likes

she’s not nerfed into the ground lol