Is It Time For A Briggite Counter?

i am not talking about a soft counter like pharah or symmetra, i am talking about a hero that completely nullifies anything and everything that briggite does.
whether that hero would negate specifically her healing or her self peel or any other aspect of her kit i am unsure.

but if briggite is stopping our game from being playable, then maybe it is time?

4 Likes

WHAT  Y E A R  IS IT?

98 Likes

Hard counters are terrible game design.

41 Likes

Brig is still super strong. She’s only “balanced” cause you can take her out of the fight, her kit is still fundamentally broken.

12 Likes

I thought we didn’t like Widowmaker.

4 Likes

But that counter already exists between shields , anti, And plain ol distance :kissing:

5 Likes

sorry im fresh from flats patch notes review were he says zen is only meta because brig is keeping him alive.
he claims that the game cant be balanced with her in it.

whether that is true or not, i cant say.

i dont think its necessarily true, just look at brig herself.
she isnt the monster she used to be, but thats only because of 10 consecutive nerfs.
not many people have a problem with her nowadays.
hard counter is not as bad if they arent over tuned.

1 Like

Yea exactly why, I don’t want another repeat of brig.

2 Likes

But what if that hard counter ends up hard countering the entire game like brig did, who is released for the same purpose

15 Likes

Wait I thought we hated Hard counters.

I respect Flats, but Brigitte is no where reason why Zen is meta. Her pick rate is only somewhat high in GM. But Zen is the most picked this month so far

5 Likes

bap is more of an offender, brig can be overwhelmed

yeah i dont want to start an endless cycle of op hero releases, but if brig was still that bad what can we do?

i think the only reason i dont want this new brig counter atm is because blizzard would be too slow to nerf them when her job is done devouring brig.

That’s pretty much torb… Bursty shots to ignore armor, range and turret from range (or high ground) to put pressure on her.

His ultimate pretty much destroys her ultimate.

She can’t even take advantage of his big head.

It’s clear that in this situation the father is still stronger.

We can always talk about Orisa,Junkrat,Hanzo or Bastion if needed…

Just use highground and crush her with some high damage output.

7 Likes

Friendly reminder that in Diamond and below Brig is the least picked support so nerfing her and/or introducing a counter will only help masters and grandmasters while doing pretty much nothing to lower ranks.

18 Likes

Torb

20charsssssssss

What about Sombra or Rienhardt?

1 Like

How much harder does one have to be countered. This post is just sad

Both of these are in game. Their names are sombra and Ana.

27 Likes

I saw that edit lol :wink:

If she did make the game unplayable, making a counter to a character that makes the game unplayable would then shift the blame of unplayability onto the new hero.

2 Likes

i’m laughing so hard this is exactly what i said out loud when i saw this on the front page

19 Likes