Is it only me that think Soldier is balanced now?

the bigger mag size makes up for the lower damage, you get 70 extra damage per mag which sometimes is enough to decide whether the shield breaks or not.

This is in my elo, could differ elsewhere though

people are used to “soldier is bad kekw” so while before you could still get rolled by a very good one its was significantly less often and you could usually roll soldier instead now when you go up against one his consistency allows for more long range plays and people dont expect that from the hero then die to him and then say “wow soldier must be OP”.

I do think he is over tuned, personally. The removal of weapon spread makes aiming on him a lot easier. You can track targets so much better, especially when you learn how to pull down on the crosshair to counter-act the upward drift of his shots.

He’s going to be really good in high ranks. I think we’ll see him a lot in OWL if no other balance patches are done for him.

Yeah, Soldier has been tearing people up in my masters and diamond games on console. That recoil is super easy to control.

How is accounting for recoil on moving targets “a lot easier” than having no spread and no recoil on the first 6 bullets? That makes no sense. We will absolutely not see in owl unless there are some Meta defining changes until April, which may be possible.

You people overestimate the impact soldier has on the Meta, in reality however that impact is very low. Burst dps are still superior in every way. Soldier has gotten better at the job he was always meant to do - consistent damage. That’s about it.

I think he’s slightly overtuned. Maybe he could use a charge nerf on Visor. I don’t think he’s far off, but I also think it’s fairly obvious he’s not totally balanced now.

I personally am doing better with him now than before. I think his aim style is a bit different now, and some people are gonna be better at the new one and some worse. For me personally, I am doing better. And I am on ps4

I’m with you. (20 chars)

I myself feel annoyed if I get one tapped by df or hanzo, but I respect widow one taps :confused:

1 Like

I think soldier’s in a good spot, but the overall effectiveness of hitscanners has left most projectile heroes in the dust. I’d like to see something done about that before we think about Nerfing 76.

There’s no use arguing with him. He just pops in Soldier threads and claims stats say he’s bad and when you point out the stats showing Soldier doing well after the changes he says how they are wrong stats and he has the real ones (which he can’t show for some reason) and claims that the Soldiers stats from before the changes matter and mean he’s bad now too after the changes. Then he claims himself the winner and says he’s done. Even arguing with a wall is more fruitful.

Just like here Soldier 76 recoil - feeling deezy and strong headache - #196 by Hyphen-21921

1 Like

I thought that broken heroes are nerfed…

because even with ana’s ult and is aimbot it feels like to takes forever to kill people compared to others makeing its only use to kill a flying valk mercy, but thats my oppinion.

He’s overall a bigger threat now and people are still underestimating him then running off to the forums to scream that he’s OP.

1 Like

Even if he was balanced making him less enjoyable to play for that balance is not good

Its a classic flawed comparison.
Before the changes you could even get trashed for not picking Ashe, Widow or even Mcree instead pretty much in any rank … even the enemies would say “LUL soldier in 2020”.

Now if you can hit your shots they get a bit scared … for a few minutes till they realise they can dive him and blast him with mobility heroes as always.

Cool :sunglasses:

I mean he’s fine. If we find out he does too much damage then we can maybe consider lowering the amount of damage his bullets do. But still I like the way they changed soldier. He’s more of a hero the actually requires actual skill to use. And isn’t reliant on the spread rng mechanic. But yah he isn’t op or anything. Or well at least from my perspective. But hey I’m fine if we lower the numbers a little if he proves to be stronger than what we currently perceive. Unless we can change other things. But hey still overall, I think these were good changes

Soldier is in a good spot I just don’t like how ridiculously easy it is to cheat with him now

He’s hitscan, he is competitive now. Doesn’t mean he is balanced, it means he is just another powerful hitscan.

No, Soldier is in a good place now.

The problem is that he now can duel other heroes and because they don’t adapt to soldiers change they instantly rant ‘‘Uhh broken I can’t 1v1 a hero anymore after 4 years’’