Is it me or does mercy feel balanced

I mean, we’ll have to give it time and see where Mercy ends up in the competitive pickrate/winrate. It won’t be easy to tell without looking at the stats.

Blah Blah Blah
I get increasingly tense when someone calls out my stupidity.

Hmm… Can’t relate.

its just a way to explain how broken her rez is in a simple manner

enemy team has to kill 7 times and your team only needs 6 to win a fight, that’s a big advantage

You don’t need to get 6 or 7 kills to win a fight. In most cases you only have to get more kills than the enemy, or get kills at the start of the fight without anyone on your team dying.

Well, I think the nerfs helped achieve the goal of Mercy healing less, that’s for sure.

doesn’t change the fact that mercy gives her team a big advantage every 30 seconds

Mercy will never be balanced with rez on E. #rezforQ

2 Likes

Only if A) she’s alive, B) the situation is safe enough to even try it, and C) the enemy team doesn’t shoot the glowing stationary target. In reality it’s far less often than every 30 seconds. It also requires her to stop healing her team for almost 2 seconds, which your team should be taking advantage of.

1 Like

I think we all know that there will be more crying about OP Mercy , well past nerf 20

It’s never enough

I still feel Mercy is balanced purely for being played against for the enemy team. You have counter play to stop her ult. you can stop her healing. You can stop her resurrecting people.

In terms of support the recent change to ana and nerf to mercy help narrow the feeling of gap of why ever use Ana/Moira, but I am not convinced it does a ton.

because 2 seconds is not enough time to kill anything

mercy pulls of rez most of the time, i don’t know why you’re trying to defend it everyone agrees its broken

2 seconds of the enemy having no main healer and most likely putting resources towards protecting the rezing Mercy gives you plenty of opportunity to take advantage of the situation. And if she pulled off rez “most of the time”, the average rezes per game would be higher than 6. Current rez is broken, but not because you can’t shoot a stationary target or because it “makes the fight a 7v6”.

1 Like

I’m not even sure how they could get to 20 nerfs without just entirely breaking her kit. But wouldn’t be surprised.

“current rez is broken” “you can do this and that to counter it”

you’re confusing as hell and sounds contradicting

I think the biggest spot to take advantage is when a tank goes down. If a tank is up namely the main tank, then resurrection coming off is usually likely. Trying to rez the main tank when you are the main healer and not healing anyone is when stuff goes to crap. Rez one person only for another to die due to no healing and no damage mitigation.

How so? It’s broken, just not for the reasons you think it is.

Honestly, the reason why Rez is broken is because it either stops enemy tempo or keeps up your own. Being able to circumvent the death timer as well as where you respawn is a massive advantage over any other ability in the game.

I don’t mind the concept of Rez. I also hate the latest mercy nerf, because it addresses the wrong issue to her kit. :confused:

rez does one thing and that one thing is broken

it brings back a dead player, there is nothing more to it and its broken

As someone who is actually playing in the top tier, I can tell you that this always happens whenever a new patch with sweeping changes hits. People test out the new stuff to try and sort out what works and doesn’t work. During this time it is normal for pickrates to jump all over the place. We need a lot more time to evaluate the current state of support balance.

My inclination, however, is that when the dust settles it’ll still be Mercy and Zen that are most played. We’ll see though.

1 Like

The function of the ability is not the only thing about that ability. Rez as a mechanic is not inherently broken. It’s the specific application of it currently in place that’s broken.