Is it just me or sigma is straight up garbage?

Yes, for me I didn’t have a tank to play outside of not very smart version of Orisa (sorry if this sounds weird, I mean me as a player not so good on Orisa but she’s the best I got given the circumstances. . . Can’t aim well, halt, occasionally badly placed shields, etc.) then Sigma came and I just went why the hell not since his primary reminds me of Moira orbs and it was glorious + w +

1 Like

There’s a few things on his kit that make him less than desirable - but someone who is practiced with playing him can still make him work as an off tank. He’s not the best as a main Tank just because he’s so weak to beam/melee damage unlike Orisa, Rein and Winston.

This makes him somewhat weak against brawls - but not exactly countered since he can do AOE burst damage and has a stun.

If he got any of these four buffs - it’d make him a bit more enjoyable.

1. Kinetic Grasp can be cancelled (by pressing same key) and shield gains are added immediately instead of not gaining anything.

2. Remove Shield Cooldown or reduce it to .5 seconds. Could be done in trade Shield HP to reduce it to ~600.

3. Extend Range of Primary fire to 32m so that he can better counter Snipers and get more distance out of his bounce shots. It’s a nerf to lower ranks who can’t reliably hit directs with his attacks, but a buff to higher ranks who effectively want to fight from a distance and can predict his shots better.

4. Shield Health increased to 200 (because recoverable HP).

2 Likes

He lacks the space creation to be a main tank and he lacks the threat to be an off tank. The only thing he really does is replace hog as Orisa’s favorite partner.

1 Like

I dunno, Orisa is better because she has halt. Sigma has . . a Rock?

Sigma is like the mismatched love child of Doomfist’s rock, Sym’s old barrier, Lowkey scatter arrows from Hanzo and Dvas DM.

Isn’t Sigma suppose to be one of the top tier tanks right now? Might just be you.

??? Maybe on weeks when Rein is banned, lol

Otherwise he’s one of the weakest.
He only really works ok with Orisa.

#1 and #2 sound great. I wouldn’t do #3 because his range already feels excessive at times. I like #4 but I’d just increase it to 150. Then he’d have 450 total HP like Orisa, the other ranged tank.

I’d also [spoiler]buff Accretion back to 90 so he can one-shot again.[/spoiler]

I don’t think Sigma in his current state works.

The deployment delay on his shield killed his flow, and then nuking its HP ended him as a viable tank.

They’d have to drastically increase his killing power because he no longer cuts it as a main tank. I’m talking like, 4s on his rock toss or extending his M1 range or doubling his ult charge rate.

His shield kinda sucks really badly.
But I can still manage to make him work in games.

You’re only allowed to play Rein now didn’t you get the memo :triumph: :triumph: :triumph: :triumph:

I’d rather it was cancellable by pressing any other ability. Would prevent spam-misclicking etc.

The CD reduction to 0.5s would not require any compensation nerf imo; definitely not something as drastic as this.

#3 would demand compensation nerfs, and i dont think this buff is what he needs.

Agree about #4.

It’s you.

Np, he is very weak right now. Yeah, you can get golds, but you can’t really shield your team.

If you play him like Junkrat, you are just another DPS for your team. But then you don’t have a main or off tank (whatever sigma is being played as) to help your team.

And mobility? yeah thats bad, but he also has a lack of range, since he has a range of 20 meters, and rock can be harder to hit at far ranges (still can hit it a lot, but if they are too far, you cant benifit from it.

Sigma definitly needs some buffs, but not too many. I dont want my dude to be too OP.

Definatly not. He is supposed to be a mid range dude. 32 meters will let him snipe. It would also make him weaker in his mid range, because you would not be able to just aim above shields and have the aoe damage them. you would have to back up like 10 meters.

1 Like

I used to be the same with hammond or zarya… how practice makes perfect

I mean, I’d prefer it if he was a long range artillery sniper rather than a mid-range hero. But that’s just a personal preference. I don’t pretend to have an opinion represented in the majority on this suggestion - and you are correct, there would be need to back up if fighting in certain map locations ; if artillery shelling over the enemy is the desired result. I will note that he can already bounce his shots though - so not necessarily requiring him to back up in all situations if there’s a surface he can bounce his shots off of effectively getting around the barriers as he is sometimes currently used with his 22m range.

well sigma is a weird one, you don’t want to fight tanks period.
you simply want to use abilities on them when appropriate and kill squishies as best as possible and run away from enemy tanks while providing utility to your team.

it’s really awkward as the only time he can actually hold his ground is when he can push up with kinetic grasp and gain a lot of health out of it.
and even then it’s quite iffy.

I think he’s a terrible main tank but he does pretty okay as an off-tank. I personally would like to see changes for him that would make him a more viable main tank (like buff barrier hp to 1000 and give him +100 shields to his hp because I think the reasons as to why he can’t be a good main tank are because he’s too squishy and his barrier is too weak).

1 Like

Same here. He feels lacklustre.

He plays like a hybrid main/off-tank, I don’t really know how to explain it. Like he feels good at taking space but terrible at denying it, he has good output but lacks personal peel. I’m not a tank main (flex it the least), so my thinking/feeling might be off, but he is the strangest of all the tanks for me.

He is very good in the right hands, but terrible in the wrong hands