Is it hard to acknowledge that Sombra is annoying?

Only if he predicts when she’ll attack and has volley charged. If not, Virus → headshots → body once spread kicks outpaces his damage.

Paws, don’t do that to me… you saw I said pretty much the same thing and you cut it from your quote. :sob: if she gets the jump on him and he can’t back in time, she will most likely win, but still.

In text I can come off as condescending or rude accidentally. It really is my punctuation and how I try to emphasize that makes it seem like yelling or anger. My caps are never yelling, it’s emphasizing, I promise. :sob: I’m also expressive with emojis, which is also part of the problem. I just like using them. :skull_and_crossbones::joy:

1 Like

I didn’t fully understand what you were trying to say there.

With that in mind - Sombra can wait until Zen can’t react while invisible.

And even heroes like Ana who do well into Sombra have to hold all their cooldowns in anticipation of said invisible hero popping out. With other flankers you can track their downtime and actually use your cooldowns more frequently.

Basically, she warps the game in a way that only Widow, Pharah, and some Tracer players do on the dps roster.

1 Like

I can get that. I hate playing with and against Widow. Her presence is so oppressive, but she’s different from Sombra, where if you peek, you’re dead. Sombra doesn’t have that same level for me.

As for Pharah, “Heroes never die!” Ride of the Valkyries intensifies, Glock drawn. Sometimes matters are better taken in your own hands. :smirk:

1 Like

No, I as a Sombra enjoyer and unironically enjoy her latest rework acknowledge she’s unfun to fight. At the same time I don’t see that being different than the annoyance of dealing with say, Pharah.

It feels like there’s a line that can be crossed on how different a DPS can be before they cause lots of friction. To me, the only difference between Sombra/Pharah and Genji/Tracer in this regard is front loaded impact.

The former have buttons that give immense value with little mechanical skill involved, while the latter two have just as impactful buttons. But you need a quantifiable level of execution to match the same value.

However, I don’t think every character needs to play like the latter. I think it’s important to have both kinds of characters.

Exaggerating and being hyperbolic doesn’t help your argument at all.

She is oppressive when ignored or not dealt with, I think.

Sombra very often is being picked to make your gameplay miserable and switch. I don’t know how is this called fun. Why have a hero that is weak, cannot do much herself and just annoys people?

Sure, let’s address the both issues, why not.

People forget this.

Some games I played sombra as a soldier, not even going invis, just to prove myself how strong she is lol.

Ah that hero that is visible, and people can see her and have a fair chance to put a fight with? Never thought about it.

Sure, let’s address that too. Not just Sombra. It’s just Pharah is visible and you have a fair fight. Not as bad as Sombra. At least Pharah’s kit is designed to kill and fight. Sombra’s kit is specifically designed to be annoying.