Is forced 2-2-2 gonna be added to quickplay

If they force 2-2-2 AND role q.
But only 2-2-2 will increase for most dps player q time.

This is a team game. Sometimes playing a role or character you dont want to is a compromise you have to make in order to win. Your fun isnt the only thing that matters believe it or not. When you go against the grain of the team you literally ruin the experience for 5 other people. You are supposed to work with your team not kick them and say “screw you I will play widow even though the team already has 3 dps”

3 Likes

if your being forced to play a role you don’t want to play chances are not going to win anyway.

1. He said average queue time is already around 1-2 minutes, and a dps role queue would add another 13-26 minutes on top of the normal 1-2.

30 minutes waiting for a game where you cannot do anything else.

Role queue is a terrible idea. There are parts of it that are valuable, but a straight-up role queue is just a bad idea in general for an FPS.

1 Like

Better to have a valid comp, than 4 dps idiots.

1 Like

better to have 4 dps that at least know what they’re doing than 2 dps and 1 tank and 1 support that don’t know how to play tank and support? also calling people who want to play dps “idiots” is pretty harsh.

1 Like

No it isnt. Because if you force people into 2-2-2 they at least learn to play correctly, other roles.

1 Like

but if playing a dps hero apparently makes them “idiots” than making them play tank isn’t gonna not make them “idiots” if you force someone who only plays tennis to play football they aren’t suddenly gonna be able to play football.

1 Like

Im forced to play out of my desired role all the time and we rarely lose when I do. Is our healer or tank running solo? Then I switch to support them better. Are the dps lacking in firepower? Then I switch over there. If I dont then the team has a big hole in its composition which makes it harder to win.

The only way you guarantee a loss from playing a role you dont want to is to say “wow I am throwing since I cant play what I want 100% of the time”

1 Like

so you switch to make the team better? well with forced 2-2-2 you can’t do that anymore.

I wont have to anymore because forced 2-2-2 would eliminate that issue

2 Likes

I don’t think that will end up happening. You would need to go into a team lobby knowing already what role you’d be playing.

1 Like

How would forced 2-2-2 address bad players? If the team does not have enough of something, you would be locked to a role and not able to compensate for that. The same problem would exist except it would be worse as a ton of inept tanks and supports would exist solely to circumvent 30 minute queue times.

1 Like

Bad players across all roles will exist regardless of if there was 222 or not. The way things are now, if they are lacking and you switch, then another role will now be lacking in something.

See you latter then i wont miss players that dont want to play the best comp to win, winning is what matters

You are going to see a lot of people later on a different game once Overwatch dies as this is realistically a nail in the coffin if they intend on moving forward with it. Which they will not, by the way. So do not hold your breath, fam. You should be used to how the game plays now, it had been 3 years.

2 Likes

I only care about winning and if blizz forces players to play acomp to give you a better chance of winning then they have my support

Nah, if you cared about winning, you would want people on roles they understand. If you get me on your team, we are far more likely to win if I am on DPS. Even if we already have 2 or 3. Quad DPS is a viable composition and I would do better in it than playing even the “easiest” of tanks or supports.

1 Like

You do realize with the 2-2-2 there will be role que, want to play dps then que as dps

Ain’t nobody going to spend 30 minutes queuing for DPS if they only have an hour or two to play. That is ludicrous.

1 Like