Is forced 2-2-2 gonna be added to quickplay

You wouldn’t care though. Cause you are having a ‘fun chill and relaxing’ gameplay experience right? So you don’t need the team oriented gameplay that 2-2-2 would create.

This is just LOL.

Even with forced 2-2-2 there is no guarantee that they will try playing as a team. It however does facilitate it much easier. 5 DPS comps in QP aren’t ‘playing as a team’ or ‘teamwork’ it is “Hope my DPS is better than theirs”.

Go play arcade. It accomplishes TDM much better.

Because its a team game, that plenty of folks have been playing wrong for so long, they dont even understand what they are doing is killing the game off.

do you not understand the problem? the problem is not being guaranteed the play the same game mode all the time. making it part of the arcade would be a problem.

yeah it wouldn’t fix anything. it would not change the mentality of people for insta lock dps. you would HAVE to rely on them to change their hero. and of you ended up getting a hanzo main and widow main then you can’t really do anything about it.

YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM. the problem is that quickplay being part of arcade would make it temporary. not available all the time. do you not get that?

1 Like

Okay. Why is your way of playing the game more important than mine? You are the one who doesn’t understand.

It would change things. Cause good tank/support players are what runs the game. You can get terrible DPS and still win. You can NOT WIN with bad Tanks/Healers.

Not my problem if it happens?

ok, well that wouldn;t really stop people from “playing the game wrong” like if your 2 dps choose to play hanzo and widow and refuse to switch. and people who couldn’t get the role they want would “soft throw” or just suck at the game.
or heck people already report symmetra players for player her. if 2-2-2 was added than that symmetra player would get even more toxicity because they are literally taking up a dps slot.

Who cares about team comps in QP. Game mode literally makes plats play against Top500 players stacking with friends.
It really doesn’t matter what people do. If one team has better players it will win even with 6 DPS.

1 Like

you think the only reason people play quickplay is to play competitive. you only think the reason that mode exists to prepare for another mode. and when ever i bring up the problem with arcade, you keep saying “just play arcade” showing you won;t even listen to the problem.

you mean people who are used to playing dps being forced to play tanks/healers? i’m sure that won’t be a problem…

you went from “why is your way of playing the game more important than mine” to “i don’t care not my problem”

1 Like

People seem to conveniently leave out that Jeff also said the game as it is can’t currently be balanced around 2-2-2 they certain heroes will never work.

He was waxing hupothetical because the game isn’t designed around a forced role queue system and for them to do so would require them to rework multiple heroes.

No, I got the problem. There is always a game mode available in Arcade for you to be ‘creative’ as you have put it.

Maybe they shouldn’t of only played DPS to begin with. Overwatch is a game about at least learning a hero in each role.

It isn’t my problem. I currently rarely play OW anyway cause the only way to play a team oriented match is in Comp and I don’t like goats. Goats has been played for almost a year now too.

If 2-2-2 was put in at least we’d have DPS heroes being played in comp, and different heroes in general.

if you listened you also hear him say that this needs the matchmaker to be changed completely and it took 2 years to develop the matchmaker

If they did, they better also have No Limits permanently available. I like to flex heroes and roles. It’s what makes Overwatch interesting to me. I feel like this change would punish me for trying to play all the heroes.

2 Likes

It better not be.

Takes some of the freedom out of OW. What if you flex and have to switch roles?

2 Likes

*dps main who wont switch

fixed it for ya

And? This happens now. Only instead of getting 2 snipers and 4 balanced team members, its 2 snipers, a genji, and a doomfist.

I’ll take 2 sniper, 2 tank, 2 support, 100% of the time.

As to Sym? Guess what. If 2-2-2 forces Blizz to acknowledge that Sym isnt workable, they can balance her appropriately.

Hate Goats? Cant do it with 2-2-2.
Hate Quad Tank? Cant do it with 2-2-2.

Just like No Hero Limit.
Just like ‘Avoid as Teammate’.

2-2-2 is coming, the game depends on it.

1 Like

not really? capture the flag, 3 vs 3 elimination, deathmatch etc are very different from the main game mode of overwatch. and again people want a balance between fun, freedom and normality and forcing 2-2-2 to quickplay would be forcing away from the fun and freedom aspect. and again “CONSTISTENCY” i want to play a game mode that isn’t gonna disappear after a week. and just saying “then play a different arcade mode” shows you don’t get the real issue.

it is (was) also about creativity and hero switching but you don’t seem to care about that anymore. and focring someone to play tank isn’t gonna make them better at playing tank. it’ll just be chaning it from 4 dps 1 tank 1 support to 2 dps 1 bad tank 1 good tank 1 bad support 1 good support.

right and that genji and doomfist will have to be forced to play roles their not used to meaning your getting 2 snipers and a tank and a support that suck at being a tank and a support. at least with 4 dps we have some dps that might now what their doing. and i thought people wanting to see more dps since they were getting tired of goats.

sym players arleady get flack to matter how good they do. syms players with potg and 9000 gold medals still get reported. and forcing 2-2-2 could force sym to not being played. not because she isn’t a good hero but because of her reputation, and people who do play sym being yelled at.

and if you don’t hate those team comps? the reason people hate those team comps is beause their overused. changing it to 2-2-2 will get rid of those team comps but they will just be replaced with new team comps that players will get bored of.

1 Like

No, 2 players either learn how to flex, or they quit, so I can get balanced team comps.

At least I dont have to suffer 4 dps, and can get more valid team comps.

1 Like

“if people don’t like the way i personally play the game the shouldn’t play at all”

what you think is valid is totally subjective. if both comps are toxic but one is 3-3 and one is 2-2-2 that doesn’t mean the 2-2-2 comp is automatically better.

1 Like

It will actually mean that it is easier to balance, and I think anyone thats been around this game long enough knows that.

being “easier to balance” doesn’t mean the team comp is better. the problem with goats is that all the heroes in the comp contribute to it being op. with 2-2-2 isn’t entirely possible for the same situation to happen with each hero contributing to its opness