Is forced 2-2-2 gonna be added to quickplay

recently jeff said he loved the idea of adding forced 2-2-2 meta which really scares me, because he said that they removed hero stacking and people acted like, it was the end of the world, but besides that fact that hero stacking and forcing 2-2-2 is very different, keep in mind they didn’t just remove hero stacking from competive they also removed it from quick play.

does that mean that forced 2-2-2 is gonna be added to quickplay. because i hate the idea of not being about to play my favorite hero because 2 people choose the same role as them.

5 Likes

Sounds good to me 2-2-2 is the way forward IMO.

14 Likes

He said the queue time would be too long. Like 20+ minutes I think.

This is not how role queue works. You select the role you want to play and hit GO.

You are then put on a team with only 1 more person that can play this role.

How do you get in a scenario where you cannot play your favorite hero?

7 Likes

I am pretty sure they’ll give DPS players some kind of playground where they can do, what they where always doing :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be the only surefire way to get me to quit playing.

7 Likes

It’s probably going to happen eventually, as we’ve seen the issues that crop up when you stack 3 or more of a role.

Of course they will have to add some sort of stronger leaver penalty. Can see lots of people dropping out of a game if their favorite role gets locked.

because the way they talk about it (how they talked about how balancing the game will be easier by forcing 2-2-2) it seems like they want 2-2-2 to be the main way to play overwatch

that’s would probably make things worse. alot of people will probably soft throw if they’re forced to play a role they don’t want.

1 Like

Welp, simple as that, if they gona force it in qp im for sure not gona go back to play this game at all XD (and i say it as a tank player)

1 Like

Man I’d love a 2-2-2 meta. God the game would be so much more interesting.

3 Likes

Possibly. Hopefully it would be more like when character stacking was removed: people complained, then adjusted.

Maybe they’ll add a version of no limits permanently as an option.

1 Like

2-2-2 would be great simply because he also said balancing the game would be a lot easier too.

also if there was a role que too then, no you guys wouldn’t have to do a role you didn’t want to because youd be guaranteed to be able to play the role you want

1 Like

you dont have to worry…if you watched said interview at all you know that any system like that is a loooooooooooong way off

I’m weary because like Jeff said, if you’re a DPS main than you might have to wait 20-30 minutes for a match.

2 Likes

avg 26 mins on top of the current 1-2 mins wait time. so it’s pretty much closer to 30mins.

no? what about people who want no hero stacking but no forced 2-2-2. making it part of quickplay is sure a good way of losing players. people are like “well they removed hero stacking and people got over that” but there’s a different between not being able to play your main because someone already choose them and not being able to play your main because 2 people already choose the same role.

2-2-2 forced in QP barring major changes in game design/player base would leave you with a DPS Bap, a DPS Ana, A DPS Roadhog, A DPS D.Va, and two royally upset DPS heroes that waited for 10 minutes to get tossed into that match.

1 Like

i don’t really care if its not coming out tomorrow, it seems to me they want to balanced the game based on 2-2-2, and that it IS gonna be coming.

That’s why I was thinking a version of no limits without role limits. Call QP Classic.

Sorry, should have been clearer.