Is Blizzard aware smurfs are a huge problem?

Wyoming already answered your question.

Sure they will. QP is not that different.

A truly new level 25 player can’t possibly know more than how to play one hero badly. They are genuinely not ready for comp, and the game does them no favors by allowing them to place extremely low and giving them a huge hole to climb out of.

The game is also drastically more complicated and harder (due to rising player skill) than when it started. Increasing the time to competitive is appropriate in light of this.

1 Like

No no no, I said to you what is your thought process on how a 4300 player in a 3200 ranked game does not have any effect on it.

Thinking the opposite of you is denial lol

Not sure what a ‘forum MVP’ is as I just recently began using these forums. Pls pardon my ignorance.

In my own experience, from the discussions I’ve had with smurfs in bronze the reason they say they prefer to smurf isn’t just to stomp on newbs, but mostly because playing at higher elo’s means playing to win, and not necessarily to have fun. When you place the element of winning before the objective of having fun, this creates toxicity when the win conditions aren’t met.

I actually uninstalled this game last night because I was not liking the person I was becoming. Too many problems exist in this game, and Blizzard has been eerily quiet about, well everything. We still haven’t got any news about hero 31. Like what is actually going on?? Why is Blizzard seemingly neglecting the playerbase to such an extreme degree? I don’t understand. Hopefully you can find more matches that are awesome! And less of the ones where you’re criticized for the time you spent playing. Perhaps I’ll reinstall IF they ever decide to release this supposed ‘new’ hero (I’m doubtful)

1 Like

Of course they’re gonna have an impact, just like the rest of their team, it could be a lvl 1500 diamond having a good game, where’s the difference? There’s none.

In fact recently on an alt I’ve been carried by a golden border widow main at 3k5 because they were just really good that game. Should they be reported for performing? No.

This somehow reminds me of how many alternative accounts over multiple platforms for Overwatch. Got way to many over three years.

No worries. Just you so know any Blizzard representative will appear in either blue or orange text. Also, any Blizzard rep who is a moderator will have a tiny shield icon next to their name. My green text is Blizzard’s way of saying of considering what I have to say, but that mostly applies to my tech support posts and not those that give my own opinion.

I am very sorry to hear this, but I definitely respect your decision. As mentioned, I too have been tempted to stop playing. I don’t want to, as Overwatch and more importantly the community means a lot to me. You are right that we have not received a lot of news about changes to the overall game, and I personally agree we need news on this.

2 Likes

They’re a 3500 player though, theres no trickery of the SR.

A level 1500 diamond rein having a good game is very different than a widow with 70% critical accuracy and the enemy can’t even leave spawn.

Nope according the the braindead devs, it’s not a problem. Trash game, trash devs.

2 Likes

Huge problem? What do you mean? They cant hear you over the money they’re making from them.

4 Likes

I honestly don’t know what to answer to such a comparison. :man_shrugging:

Have fun.

Every time this gets brought up I love the comment, “well how do you know they are smurfs?”
Because the ONE or maybe two (usually teamed) players destroy your entire team on their own, their play style is wayyyy above what their levels suggests, and you get not defeated, but steamrolled. You CAN tell a smurf from someone “just doing well”

2 Likes

This is the reason I can’t get out of gold there’s either a diamond or someone on the enemy team “playing with friends” or just straight up smurfing in comp just play quick play 4head I had a friend who wont play ow anymore cause they played it for a few hours and kept getting rolled by smurfs dying fast by widow,soldier, mcree
etc

2 Likes

Of course they realize it’s a problem. They just don’t care because it gives them more money :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Technically it is deranking that is punishable not just buying a new account. However that hasn’t been addressed either.

Oh, they’re aware of it alright.

They just DGAF.

1 Like

I see them as a problem aswell but

Since smurfs bring more money into their wallet no, they won’t address that.

So we will have

-more smurfs when ow is on sale
-more smurfs when a new hero is released
-more smurfs on free weekend

and that is one of the reasons that keep me away from competitive.

1 Like

Smurfs give them money. They don’t care about the colossal amount of scummy little people running around trying to ruin the game for as many people as possible because they get richer and they can use the amount of purchases of the game to seem more popular.

1 Like

Had a bunch of those. Reported. Zero action from Blizzard - no prompts about taken actions.