Is anyone on the dev team actually a Sym main? (PLS READ FIRST POST)

No. It isn’t. Because it’s a question ABOUT maining, which makes the large hours with no other hero hours stated offered as proof of the maining.

You keep trying to divorce it from context to make the reply more vague than it is.

1 Like

You called me a coward; that’s name-calling

icon shaming

No shame, just saying it was highly ironic.

profile sniping (please take a look).

wtf is profile sniping

@VenusArmani

which makes the large hours with no other hero hours stated offered as proof of the maining.

Where do they say that person has no hours on other heroes?

Unless they can say, “yes, we have a Sym main on the dev team” it just seems like they’re trying to imply if without that atually being the case.

Lol no i didnt, i didnt even bother to look at your profil.

“Take the next step, I’m not a coward with a hidden profile”

And now you don’t dare to admit it. The irony increases.

They didn’t mention hours on other heroes. Because then it would not have served as proof that the person was a main. They specifically excluded it because they were confirming there was a main by listing their bonafides.

Another example using your Pluto example

Q: Is pluto a planet?
A: there’s debris so…

“There’s debris so” could mean many things when divorced of context. But not in the context of whether or not it’s a planet. It’s a confirmation by listing the most relevanf information in defense.

You cannot just ignore the direct question about a main being present. It contextualizes the information.

Perhaps English is not your first language, but the typical path goes like this.

1. “I dont like this persons arguement.”
  2. “I dont like this persons icon.”
  3. “I dont like this persons profile.”

It was an INVITATION to you, because you clearly thought I am an Hanzo Main/One Trick, to look at my profile because I am not a coward, and do not hide it.

I did not call YOU a coward, because I did not even know, or care to look to see that your profile is hidden.

You however internalized my invitation to you, to look at my profile, as if I was calling you a coward, because you are clearly sensitive to the point that you have hidden your profile.

A comical turn of events, for all the thread to enjoy.

In short, I did not call you a coward, and it was you who resorted to the personal attacks because you do not like to be questioned about the position of Sym, poor as it has been throughout the history of this game.

They didn’t mention hours on other heroes. Because then it would not have served as proof that the person was a main.

Im glad you’re catching on, slowly …

They specifically excluded it because they were confirming there was a main by listing their bonafides.

Or they excluded it because they’re not actually a Sym main, and it makes it look like they are by only listing their Sym hours. Unless you’re clairvoyant, you cant confirm either way. Only the devs can, hence why I’m asking this question.

It’s a confirmation by listing the most relevanf information in defense.

No, it’s an implication. And implication is not a confirmation.

If they really do have someone who considers themself to be a Symmetra main on the dev team, it shouldnt be so hard to give a simple yes or no answer.

@idSurge:

Actually you queestion Sym’s design, not her position. Also if you’re going to accuse me of attacking you, please outline exactly where I did that.

Also, I didnt think you were a main or a one trick necessarily, I thought you might be, and either way it was ironic that someone who seems to like Hanzo would criticise a different hero for being poorly designed when Hanzo is so poorly designed himself.

Using indirect language is NOT the same thing as not confirming. Context is everything when interpreting speech. And assuming dishonesty does NOT change how the statement is meant to be read.

There is ZERO in that statement to show that the person referenced isn’t a Symm main. And everything to show they are.

And everything to show they are.

Except for the fact that they might just be a paid playtester who, in all honesty, would rather not play Sym, and/or might have many more hours on other heroes.

Like, if that same person in their own time actually has 1000s of Zenyatta hours and no Sym, do you really expect us to call them a Sym main?

That’s a random assumption you pulled out of your behind. It has nothing to do with how the statement is meant to be interpreted.

Regardless if they are being dishonest and only want us to think someone is a Symmetra main but isn’t, or truthful but passive in their speech, the intended takeaway from that exchange for the reader is the same.

The reader is supposed to take away that the stated person mains Symmetra. Your suspicions of dishonesty or ulterior motives for making us think that does nothing to change that.

I highly doubt anyone there is a symmetra main.

1 Like

So you just take everything you read and hear at face value?

One moment, I think I might have some magic beans that would interest you …

No. I am saying the motives behind what was stated doesn’t change what was stated. In fact we have a word for when you say one thing but the truth is the opposite. Lying.

If you look really bad in your dress and I say “You look pretty,” even though I think you look terrible; I did not state “You look ugly” I said “You look pretty,” instead. I lied.

If you don’t believe the offical answer, that’s fine. That’s on you. You might even be right, though I very much doubt that. Regardless, it wouldn’t be the first time a company’s offical answer was a lie. It doesn’t change an official statement was made.

They HAVE answered this question. And the answer is yes. If you believe it or not is up to you.

I’m not accusing Jeff of lying; maybe he just wasn’t sure what the term main means, or has a different idea of it. As such I put a clear explanation of what I, as well as many others in the Sym community, mean when we say “main” and would therefore like to know if Jeff’s (or another dev’s) answer remains the same in that context.

Nobody’s idea of main would mean ordered to play it by their boss. And it’s pretty insulting to think that’s what he meant when the language he used doesn’t imply that at all. He’s even used the term in the past the same way the community did.

Nobody’s idea of main would mean ordered to play it by their boss

Exatctly, which is why I’m concerned that he seemed to be holding up what seemed to be a paid playtester as an example of a main.

And it’s pretty insulting to think that’s what he meant when the language he used doesn’t imply that at all.

See above.

He’s even used the term in the past the same way the community did.

See above.

Which would be an ulterior motive not a different definition getting used. He knows what main means to the community. If he meant something else he just lied. And there is zero evidence to suggest he did nor any real reason to do so.

It sounds to me like you’re just paranoid over the Symmetra main’s job title and letting it cloud your judgement of what he said.

He knows what main means to the community.

Everyone can make a mistake. Besides, whilst I have seen Jeff say he is a tank main, I havent seen anything to suggest that his definition of main is the same as what I outlined in the first post.

If he meant something else he just lied. And there is zero evidence to suggest he did nor any real reason to do so.

That’s debatable. Again, I’m not accusing Jeff of lying, but there’s quite a lot of reason to do so if it gets fans to be silent.

It sounds to me like you’re just paranoid over the Symmetra main’s job title and letting it cloud your judgement of what he said.

It sounds like you don’t want to admit the truth: Jeff did not confirm that there is a Sym main on the dev team. He simply referred to the question, then threw out what is essentially random trivia and left it up to us to make up our minds.

That isn’t the truth. The truth is confirmed there was one using indirect voice. The only way your idea works is if he has an ulterior motive and uses a definition of main that he has not only never used, but is paid to know better to use, but also isn’t what any reasonable person would use.

Your paranoia about the job title has you in denial about his statement. Simple as that. That’s why your the only one interpreting it that way

Rofl VenusArmani…what are you even DOING here.