Is anyone on the dev team actually a Sym main? (PLS READ FIRST POST)

The only way your idea works is if he has an ulterior motive and uses a definition of main that he has not only never used,

… or if he made a mistake, which he could easily, being a human being and being prone to human error.

but is paid to know better to use,

I highly doubt knowing what a main is is in his contract, particularly since its not exactly a standardised term. And either way, he is still vulnerable to human error as Jeff is, once again, a human being (see above). There is no amount of money you can pay someone to not ever make a mistake.

Your paranoia about the job title has you in denial about his statement. Simple as that. That’s why your the only one interpreting it that way

Everyone knows Symmetra is a highly unpopular character, and there’s no reason that shouldnt extend to the dev team too, and that only a minority would actually like her enough to consider themselves Sym mains. The dev team is also rather small compared to the size of the player base, so it’s quite possible not even a single person on it likes her enough to consider themself a main. This is why the question was asked in the first place. So if you want to call me paranoid, you’re also tarring those same Sym players that asked the question wit the same brush.

Jeff could have dispelled this by replying to that question with a simple yes.

But he didn’t. He instead gave a vague answer that merely implies the potential existence of a Sym main on the dev team, which is why I am asking for him to directly say yes or no after having read the definition of a main I gave in the first post, because as we can both agree a paid playtester (which is the only example he can seem to think of) does not a main make.

Again, if I truly am wrong, then someone from the dev team (such as the person who is allegedly a Sym main) should have no problem ending this right here and now.

The person was not stated to play Symmetra. A live ops producer isn’t even necessarily a play tester.

He used evidence of the community definition in his response. You’re literally the ONLY person interpreting that way because your so hung up on a job title that you can’t even view the person in question as a person with their own tastes.

I don’t even know at this point. I probably should have exited this thread a long time ago.

1 Like

its what i did. your mental state would be better off

2 Likes

The person was not stated to play Symmetra. A live ops producer isn’t even necessarily a play tester.

But it is quite possible that is the case, which I find likely since Jeff didn’t answer with a simple “yes”.

He used evidence of the community definition in his response

Where? I don’t see it.

. You’re literally the ONLY person interpreting that way because your so hung up on a job title that you can’t even view the person in question as a person with their own tastes.

Other people have also commented that they agree with me hat there probably isn’t a Sym main on the dev team, so it’s clearly not just me.

I don’t even know at this point. I probably should have exited this thread a long time ago.

K, bye. I’m not forcing you to reply.

Nobody who has made reference to that statement has agreed with you.

I’m bored with watching the Houston Outlaws choke on attack though lol

" highly doubt anyone there is a Symmetra main"

That makes no reference to Jeff’s statement.

If they believed Jeff’s statement, which has been referenced multiple ties in this thread, why would they (and others) agree?

Admit it: the only evidence you have of a Symmetra main on the dev team is someone would in all likelihood is a paid playtester, who wouldn’t actually play Sym in their spare time, and who might have many more hours on other heroes even during their job. You have zero hard evidence that there is a Sym main on the dev team.

EDIT

Bonus: here’s someone in that thread where Jeff addresses the Sym main question, who directly replies to his response and says they still doubt that there is a Sym main on the dev team:

I doubt the truth about this word. 700 hours still can’t find sym what she really need and so many bug did’t fix.What can i say?

How many more people need to agree with me before you admit that Jeff’s answer was actually quite vague and left fans with doubts?

Responsibilities:

• Own the outcome - Build and maintain live operations policies and procedures, considering dependencies across multiple teams to ensure successful releases, monitoring, and tracking of ecosystem wide issues.
  • Transparency - Provide transparency on ongoing issues, risks, and work streams to stakeholders in order to ensure Company has clear insight in to the health of our services and games
  • User Focused - Track live issues affecting end users and ensure they are being followed up on and resolved
  • Support the Live Ops team with all your production tools. As a producer you should bring superb communication skills. Be able to quickly develop deep knowledge about tools, teams, and technologies. Provide leadership and guidance through solid planning and execution of work. Understand how to manage people to help them do their best work, and embrace and embody Company Values

I don’t see anything in this job description about playing Symmetra.

You made something up. You’re interpretation only works if you assume Jeff randomly used a definition of main that makes zero sense

Meanwhile, my evidence is Jeff answered a question about a main with an indirect yes.

You’re the one saying we can’t take his statement at face value. Your job to provide proof

This person is basically calling Jeff’s statement false because of the lack of understanding of Sym. He isn’t doubting that he claimed the person was a Sym main. You’re alone on that.

Flexable when Jeff showed his profile. He is a tank main So what kinda of flex are you using hear. Because unless you can play all the hero no one is hundred percent flex player.

And torb was designed as a defense oriented hero. Right now you can play him on attack and defsense on any map and it wouldn’t matter.

1 Like

I don’t see anything in this job description about playing Symmetra.

You made something up.

How? I said they might be a playtester, which could still be the case; I don’t see how that job description proves otherwise. You also gave no source for it.

You’re interpretation only works if you assume Jeff randomly used a definition of main that makes zero sense

Why? A main isn’t a standardised term, that could have been his opinion at the time.

Your job to provide proof

You want me to prove a negative? Shall I also prove god doesn’t exist whilst I’m at it? Or how about the space teapot floating between here and Mars?

This person is basically calling Jeff’s statement false because of the lack of understanding of Sym. He isn’t doubting that he claimed the person was a Sym main. You’re alone on that.

I’m not saying Jeff did anything in particular. I’m saying I find it weird that they mentioned someone who might not even consider themself to be a Sym main in a discussion about whether or not the dev team has any Sym mains. It’s vague and doesn’t actually answer the question, which could really have been as short as a yes or no either way.

Pretty sure this was answered by Jeff a while back that there was a dev that was a Sym main and had a lot of hours on her.

I have a lot of hours on Sombra, over 50; does that make me a Sombra main rn?

Let’s see I main Mercy, D VA, zen, Lucio, Brig, and Moira. You can have more than one main.

case and point. hilarious

Please read what I said correctly. He said that the dev WAS A SYM MAIN and had many hours on her. As in, they additionally enjoyed playing her the most.