Is anyone on the dev team actually a Sym main? (PLS READ FIRST POST)

And I’m not talking about some tester who is paid to play Sym. I want to know if there is anyone on the dev team who would actually describe themself as a Sym main, the same way I’ve heard Jeff describe himself as a tank main. Someone who plays Sym in their spare time because Sym is one of their most favourite heroes.

9 Likes

They will never tell you. If they did, they would probably get fired.

2 Likes

Iirc one of the devs is, but their identity is being protected.

3 Likes

Probably not since Sym was designed as a niche hero and the game is built around being flexible.

7 Likes

You can tell by their designs from support to dps they’re extremely, absolutely, clearly, godly of Zamasu Zero Mortal Plan no Symmetra main in that office of theirs.
They only made her to stare at her legs.

5 Likes

Corse not you dont delete a hero from a game when someone that has a say in the game cares about said hero.

5 Likes

The closest we’ve seen is Josh Noh saying that he really liked the Sym 2.0 shield and that’s what inspired the Sigma shield.

2 Likes

Once more, for the ppl in the back.

1 Like

they do. i heard from a stream that one developer has at least 700+ hours on sym or something

7 Likes

Being paid to play test Sym is not the same as playing her in your spare time because you enjoy Sym.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that just because someone is passionate about a character doesn’t mean they feel the same way as you do about them.

The way you like to play a character can be ruined just as easily if not more easily by someone that likes the same character.

Sym has a relatively low pickrate and not many people are complaining about her. If she’s getting work done on her it would generally suggest that someone likes her or someone hates her. As many of the changes line up with what some Sym players want my money is someone likes Sym on the development team but, they don’t necessarily like her the same way as other people.

Additionally, Sym’s design on a character level is sufficiently lacking in appeal that it’s existence suggest somebody liked it.

2 Likes

who would willingly play test sym for that long? im pretty positive they main her

2 Likes

Sym main that plays fast paced with their team>>>>>>>>>>>Sym main that wants to play by hiding in a corner setting up her nest of turrets, and getting the occasional kill on the enemy flanker with her auto-lock beam. Like Sym 2.0 or 1.0.

1 Like

Keep in mind that just because someone is passionate about a character doesn’t mean they feel the same way as you do about them.

And that’s more than fine. I would just like a simple answer to this simple question from the horse’s mouth: is anyone on the dev team a Sym main? Yes or no.

Probably not since Sym was designed as a niche hero and the game is built around being flexible.

A main is not the same as a one trick

who would willingly play test sym for that long

Someone being paid for it?

a main may not be the same as a one trick but you can one trick your main

Regardless, one should not ‘main’ niche hero’s.

There is one that has over 600 hours on her. Jeff replied once. the OPS producer has over 600 hours on her

3 Likes

finally, someone who can back up what i said earlier

She’s really not niche like 2.0 though anymore…

Why? You can have multiple mains. When I played comp s6 I mained Orisa, Symmetra, Sombra and Mercy, and got to diamond. Was I wrong to do that because two of my mains were niche?