Is a Widowmaker Nerf needed?

Like Sombra’s Invisibility/ Stealth. Widows grapple should be cancelled when taking damage, So she would fall to the ground. That would allow her to still set up on high ground but not easily escape close combat.

Is this a good idea?
Discuss :slight_smile:

10 Likes

No she doesn’t need nerf

you have no idea how hard to play her

5 Likes

It’s Just a thought, seeing as snipers are really meta right now.

7 Likes

Yep and that is why she is being use in OWL

bcuz she has high dmg on long range

2 Likes

Her damage and range wouldn’t be nerfed. Just her mobility.

11 Likes

Being meta isn’t a problem. Being broken is. She takes a lot of aim but almost nothing else and alowes to instakill from miles away. Kind of broken. I like your idea.

7 Likes

They buffed her mobility like from 12 to 8

cheers

1 Like

I just hate when i dive her and have my mobility on cooldown only for her to grapple away and snipe me. :confused:

6 Likes

she doesn’t need nerfs.

being meta not necessarily mean a hero is op per se. the meta can just favour a hero as the current meta enables widow, as dive enabled genji.

idk who you play but it’s probably your problem and your cooldown management not widow’s being “op”

2 Likes

I Never said she was overpowered… jumping to highground as D.va or Winston and having no cooldown is not a matter of “cooldown management”. You literally can’t get to her without using the abilities…

Just suggesting this as I have seen a lot of people complain about the duel sniper meta. Maybe the Hanzo nerfs will change it all.

1 Like

snipers dont deserve any kind of mobility. they should remove lunge from hanzo and revert widow hook cd buff.

5 Likes

okay but you have other abilities?? you can still shoot her?? use your defense matrix/ bubble?? your rockets?? or even fall back and regroup / get your cooldowns ready/ get full health??

widow is not a problem. HANZO is.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t nerf Widow honestly. If people are good enough to play her to full potential that can be frustrating, but as a sniper, she works really well. If anything, maybe add more ways to deal with her, but I’d leave her alone.

2 Likes

Nah, she’s just strong because dive as a whole was nerfed to the ground with new hanzo and Brig.

3 Likes

Just dive her! Oh wait…

5 Likes

Yes dive is countered hard right now.

A new way to ‘deal with her’ could be shooting her out of the sky stopping her from escaping with grapple too easily.

Maybe, I’m just not a big fan of cancelling things though. Interrupts can be kinda frustrating, like getting stunned out of ults and stuff.

1 Like

That’s a fair point!

1 Like

dive gets countered by Brigitte so the only real way to counter a widow consistently now is a better widowmaker which is unhealthy

4 Likes

That would kill her off, making her a throw pick.