Iran - Can't join any games after latest update

Does it help that I point it out i’ve seen this problem sometime before this. I’m having this problem now in game after the update but i had it in the Test servers ever since the workshop got there… At the time which i had the problem in Test Servers I never had issues in the normal server. It just became a problem in the stable server after the last update which added the workshop and the event.

I had it on Test Servers after the workshop patch there. And Its not just happening on one connection or one router. i tried other networks and different systems and it randomly happens. Its not happening 100% of the time on any system i tried. its only on some of the matches. But that makes the game stressful enough… i don’t know if i’m going to run into the problem next match… am i going to lose endorsement points? and i’m afraid to play comp and get punished as a deserter…

Played some games today.No getting stuck in loading. Is it me or it just got magically fixed?

OMG that problem is fixed ! i can play now

can we get the confirmation on that? i heared its fixed 2 , but i cant afford to test it cuz next ban is huge for me!

We didn’t change anything on our end. Judging from the earlier winMTRs it looked like there was a problem in your area, but it may be resolved now. If the problem comes back, please provide this information.

1 Like

I risked it all and qued for game and to my surprise it’s been working! i’ve played 2 games with no problem at all. seems like it’s fixed, at least on my side. will post again if the problem occurs again

Yes it got fixed for me a few days ago and i forgot to inform you guys here. You said that “there was a problem in your area” and not on your end. I always thought why did it happen at the exact time of the anniversary update? Guess it was just a coincidence. (Or not!)

yeah the problem was resolved for a fewdays but now with the new update it came back again >:(((( idk every update …

Hey all,

If there is a resurgence of the issue we’ll need tests again, though last time it was fixed without our intervention. Let’s check to see if it’s the same thing using the steps from my previous post. We need tests longer than the one that was just posted.

It’s not like you can’t join any game … it’s kind of lucky sometimes it joins the game perfectly with no problem like 40% of the times but 60% of the time it gets stuck in loading screen ( Custom games are Okay for some reason they have no problem for me ) but training range - quick play - competitive - arcades are like that . i’m gonna post my tests too . i just thought to give you guys better explanation , i tested America region it doesn’t seem to have a problem for me . everything is normal there .

Yes it came back again. You can’t tell me that this is because of the region when this happens after every update from Blizzard.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| ARCHER_D20 - 12 | 45 | 40 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 5 |

| 188.245.224.1 - 12 | 45 | 40 | 6 | 14 | 25 | 19 |

| No response from host - 100 | 12 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 78.38.241.66 - 12 | 45 | 40 | 11 | 16 | 50 | 17 |

| pr01.eqfr5.blizzardonline. net - 12 | 45 | 40 | 83 | 91 | 126 | 94 |

| ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976. net - 9 | 49 | 45 | 90 | 100 | 180 | 119 |

| et-0-0-2-br01-eqpa4.as57976. net - 12 | 45 | 40 | 93 | 102 | 164 | 101 |

| be1-pe02-eqpa4.as57976. net - 12 | 45 | 40 | 90 | 98 | 122 | 103 |

| 185.60.114.159 - 12 | 45 | 40 | 91 | 97 | 127 | 100 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Hey folks, we’ve researched this issue and believe the problem is due to packet filtering or connectivity between customer ISPs in Iran and Amazon AWS. Overwatch leverages Amazon AWS infrastructure in Europe region when necessary, this is usually during new content updates.

In addition to having reported the issue here, we recommend players report this issue directly to their ISP support as well.

3 Likes

You didn’t say cheeeeers this time?

So this usually happens after every big update and when it uses AWS? I suppose there is nothing we players in Iran can do about packet filtering. Our ISPs use protocols that are issued to them by the government.

Although at this moment there is not much problem. But it will probably happen again in the future.

Today after this update adding The new baptist skin and challenge , i’m trying to join a game and its doing that again!

I cant even get into the actual game, It keeps saying “Lost Connection to Game Server”.

Problems started again with the new update :expressionless: wth u guys do everytime u update the game

They Use Amazon AWS Servers… I guess… But How hard can it be to not do that? Maybe they can just use their normal servers… They should improve them if needed… But I don’t know…