Internet went out. Got punished for something I had no control over

It powered my Ethernet…when that went out, I had to rely on my laptop’s Wi-Fi to order a replacement UPS…everything is back and functioning now, though…

i see, well thats good (i wont lie i still dont completely understand it, but screw it)

I understand your pain. I stay out of competitive because it stresses me out a huge amount… but you really can’t complain when life happens… cause it happens to everyone.

Never said it was fair to them.

If your internet goes out every day, you may want to look into a different provider.

and also maybe stop queuing for comp if you know your connection is unstable.

1 Like

there’s nothing that blizzard can do about this from their pov you disconnected which could mean you turned off your pc or your modem or power went out all of these look the same to blizzard you just stopped sending them packets simple as that

again they can’t do anything about it and if they implement some code that’ll tell them what happened on your end it’ll be somewhat intrusive or very intrusive and trust me it’ll get hacked and abused until they remove it again

it’s like saying i want to participate in a formula 1 race but i keep losing because i brought a sedan and they’re not giving me anything because i lost!
i know you can’t actually participate in a formula 1 race with a sedan

you want a cookie for not cheating? here you go :cookie:

2 Likes

YOU had internet issues.

YOU disconnected from the game.

YOU left your team down a player.

YOU ruined the game for 5 other people.

None of that is Blizzard’s fault. None of that is your team mates fault. If you have unreliable internet, dont play competitive. If its just a freak disconnect that almost never happens, 50 SR is easy to regain if you’re at an SR you deserve to be at.

3 Likes

11*

I dont mind easy wins when someone disconnects.

Im sticking with 5.

No way to know if it was on purpose or not on their side.

For all they know you could just be unplugging your router to try to “safely” disconnect from the game hoping to avoid punishment.

Doesn’t matter. How do they know you didn’t do it on purpose.

Had no control over that

Had no control over that

Had no control over that

Zero control.

Never said it was. However, them knowing that this is going to happen, they have no excuse to not add an algorithm that would compensate for those who DC’d and the players who are down a man of the circumstances are right.

Never said it was their fault

So basically I can’t play the most fundamental part of the game because my internet goes out just like any other ISP?

No. Sorry. Not gonna happen.

Unless your teammates continue to be bad.

I think hes just a child. This complaint just reeks of a 15 year old that’s never had a job or dealt with real life problems at all.

That is literally impossible. If a connection is cut, versus just being shut down intentionally, there is no information about what happened sent to the receiving end. It’s impossible for it to tell if your ISP went down, you pulled out the ethernet cable, shut off your wifi, unplugged your router, closed your firewall, or anything else happened.

2 Likes

Stop being selfish. Your bad internet is your problem. And noone else’s. Grow up.

4 Likes

Prove that such an algorithm exists and can be applied in every single relevant situation.

If you can’t, then you admit you are talking complete and utter nonsense.

Has “flag and move on” stopped being a thing?

If your internet dies every day you should be looking for a new internet provider.

2 Likes

Control is not the same as responsibility. You’re responsible for your connection. DCing is unfortunate, but it’s still your responsibility to supply an internet connection in order to play Overwatch, and failure to do so will disrupt the gameplay experience of your team, and as such, there is a penalty to discourage people with heavy connection issues to continue playing until they are resolved.

1 Like

As someone that has lost about 500 sr last season ( and gained a sweet season ban for it as well ) because of literally split second dcs, I know how you feel. But there’s literally no way to tell if you pulled the plug or if it was your connection simply not working. The simple solution is call your provider if you’re not sure about your connection, make sure everything works and only then, play the game. It sucks, but we can’t change it. It’s not Blizzards fault and as much as we want them to be able to do something about the “unfair” 50 sr loss, we can’t.

1 Like