Internet went out. Got punished for something I had no control over

I love losing 50 SR for garbage that i literally have no control over which mind you I put in a ridiculous amount of effort to get.

Is this just what I have to expect every day now? Log on, play a match, and then lose 50 SR for stuff that has nothing to do with my own personal skill? Is that how things are going to be?

It’s like Blizzard doesn’t even care that people who don’t abuse the system are getting hard punished for stuff that a simple player can’t do anything about.

It’s so awesome that they care about the experience of every player in the community when they start their games and then for some reason, whether it is a client issue or an ISP issue, there is no compensation for the people who do nothing wrong.

I love you Blizzard. Your games are so fair to people who are not abusing anything

4 Likes

how I wish your phone went out too…

4 Likes

How I wish they didn’t treat the OW forums like their freakin’ diary.

21 Likes

Ya it’s totally fair that you basically lost the game for the rest of your team

17 Likes

this is the one diary I never want to read

Game barely started.

1 Like

And what if it was later in the game hmm?

Then there should be compensation for both my team and myself because I can’t control what happens with my ISP or the Blizzard Client

1 Like

If they made it so you didn’t lose SR just because you lost connection then everyone would just pull their internet connection before they lost. It’s set that way because it’s able to be abused if you were able to do that. Just deal with it.

10 Likes

Yeah um no that’s not how that works

and then watch people abuse the everliving crap out of that by unplugging their modem when they start losing.

If it happens often don’t play comp. if it doesn’t move on, it’s only 50 sr. This ain’t complicated

1 Like

Then they should incorporate an algorithm that figures out the cause of disconnection like server problem, manual Ethernet disconnection, ISP error, etc. so then they can decide whether or not it’s justified to remove their SR

Just win it back. If you belong where you were then losses mean very little in this game.

Players who belong at their SR can recover from even the worst loss streaks easily.

If you can’t then that simply means you don’t deserve to be where you were.

he’s going to make it complicated though

2 Likes

Too much effort for a non-issue

1 Like

I dont know much about routers but…I dont think you can literally determine if someone did this unless you are watching them

6 Likes

So basically, I am never allowed to play the game because of internet that cuts out every now and then just like it does for every game in the world?

Also, it doesn’t matter if it’s just “50 SR”. No one should have to be forced to lose their hard earned SR for stuff they have no control over.

Also, It’s not a non issue dude. Don’t be that ignorant.

be nice!

If I literally pull the cord from my pc it’s not going to know if my router went out or what happened, your magic algorithm just wouldn’t work. If it’s the same regardless then it removes the ability to abuse it.

4 Likes